Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 03:34 PM   #1  

Default sample menus-care to share?

i posted this in my phen group and thought i would add it over here to get more ideas...if you care to share...

i figured instead of a thought provoking question for this week i
would ask each of you to share a sample days menu of your liking.
why??? all of us are trying to eat better, all of us get into "diet
ruts" where we start eating the same foods over and over, and
eventually we will get bored and stray from that road we want to be on. so if we share with each other what we eat on a yypical "good day" whether it be 5 small meals, 3 meals and 2 snacks, or whatever...maybe we can learn from each other or just get some new ideas! how does that sound?? thanks in advance for sharing!!!
Old 07-28-2003, 03:36 PM   #2  

breakfast: either cereal & milk OR bakers breakfast cookie OR mini english muffin with light cream cheese OR oatmeal and banana OR slimfast shake

lunch: 1/2 lean turkey or ham sandwich (on 12 grain bread with light mayo and lowfat cheese and honey mustard) with baked chips OR turkey hot dog in lowfat tortilla with baked chips OR chicken burrito (lowfat torilla with that carving board pre-cook pre-cut chicken-southwest flavor with lettuce, lowfat cheese, lowfat sour cream, and salsa) with side of black beans OR chicken salad (premixed salad with pre-cooked frozen chicken breast-different flavors i get in big bags at costco- and light ranch dressing) OR slimfast shake OR Smart Ones frozen meal

snacks: carrots and light ranch veggie dip OR mini bagels with cream cheese OR caramel rice cakes OR pria bar OR sugar free fruit chews OR raw green beans OR reduced fat wheat thins OR soy nuts

dinner: usually pork chop or steak or chicken with tons of veggies
(usually open a can or two plus some frozen veggies and maybe steam some fresh if i have any). i try to make my plate 3/4 veggies and 1/4 meat. OR a taco salad (head of lettuce, low fat cheese, cooked ground turkey seasoned with taco seasoning, kidney beans, tomatos if you like them, baked chips, and light catalina or thousand island dressing). some nights it's spaghetti or a slice of pizza and a salad. if i get fast food i try to get chicken sandwiches or happy meals (smaller sizesd of everything). at chinese places i get chicken and brocoli or chicken and veggies with steamed rice.

dessert: i LOVE the smart ones desserts and skinny cow ice creams

not that i am perfect and stick to this every day. yah right! but
these are the options i try to keep in my house, not all at once but at least a few at a time.
Old 07-29-2003, 12:17 PM   #3  

Breakfast: Low fat yogurt 2 points
Lunch: Large salad with meat, low fat dressing 6 points
Snack: Slim fast candy bar & fruit 4 points
Dinner: Lean meat, lots of veggies 6 points
Snack: OR 94% FF popcorn with 1 tsp. real melted butter 4 points

Basic day for my WW point range.

Starting weight=209
Current weight=156
Goal weight=153
Closed Thread