Old 08-26-2014, 05:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/185/155

Height: 5'8

Post Anomie and Lack of Peer Support:(Anummy?)

Anomie, is like NOT having a really supportive group of friends or even acquaintances one can bounce their weight loss or weight gain or dysfunctional eating issues off of.

It is like feeling like 1 is the last person left in a Weight Watcher's meeting room, after the lights get turned off, and everybody else has left. It's kind of scary and kind of lonely.

It's miserable when I find myself reaching out and applying for tons of p/t jobs online and getting 0 responses.

It just goes right back to my technical ? as to whether anyone is really out there? Is anyone reading or responding to my threads or job applications online.

I'm so bored that I'm online when I'm not at my 1st job. I'm looking for a 2nd job to keep busy so that perhaps i wont have time to eat or feel bored, and whatever comes with that emotion too.....?

And please don't misunderstand me. I enjoy my 1st job, but it's the down time when I get home which is the struggle. The extra time, and knowing that I must begin at that point my homework, like chores, and creating a "Healthy Dinner." Then I must digest and get myself to my local gym and workout and return home only to dive into the tub and be all refreshed to begin a new day tomorrow. So, it's not about my job so much as the other stuff that happens before and after work.

I welcome your responses.

Sincerely,
1Bluerose68

Last edited by 1Bluerose68; 09-02-2014 at 07:55 PM.
1Bluerose68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/196/185

Height: 5'8"

Default .. Maybe you need something else

A job is a job$$.
Maybe you need something more, something that full fills the feelings bucket.
It sounds like you are looking for companionship and interactions with others. What are some of your hobbies... check out the library for a reading group, local animal shelters (we have a horse rescue close by), Foster pets, big brother/sisters, our local foster care agency are always looking for transporters or CASA's.
I helped out with a Hospice organization-- the connections made with the staff and families where joyous and still carry on today.
Another place in our area is Meetup.com it is a sounding board of all kinds of groups and meetings.. from health, games, books thoughts and theories

dchild8989 is offline   Reply With Quote