Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 06:57 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Friday 8/22/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-22-2014, 09:35 AM   #2  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Happy Friday everyone,

I'm going away to the beach this weekend. Feeling a little nervous yet determined to stay 100% OP. Each time I go away I learn from the last and plan even better. I've got to get to the store before I leave and pick up WF dressing so that In have no excuse to eat wrong. I found a package of pre cooked chicken at Trader Joe's that makes things really easy. I read the ingredients and there aren't any fillers etc. It's called " Just Chicken".

NVS for me yesterday. One of the students at school said to me " You got smaller". Why yes I did, THANK YOU seems as though no adults notice my weight loss but the kids do.

Last edited by jemma51; 08-22-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:38 AM   #3  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All!!

WI this morning and down 2.6 lbs. I passed my halfway to goal mark!!!!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:39 AM   #4  
restart 5/27/14

I was thinking yesterday that I might have to re think my goal weight. Two years ago I weighed what I weigh now and I felt so great and thin for ME. I look in the mirror now and see the loss but, I still feel like a fat girl. I don't know what I will feel at 150 ( my goal) but, I think I may still feel too big. Guess I will have to see when I get there.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:40 AM   #5  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
Good Morning All!!

Awesome congrats !!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:45 AM   #6  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Jemma, my goal weight was kinda a number I pulled out with my BMI in mind and knowing I've been down there before. I'm kinda going to play it by ear when I get closer to that goal just to see how I feel. I feel the same way, I can see a loss but still feel really overweight for me right now.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Good Morning All!!

Great job!

Hanging in the room for a bit this am. Ds already headed into the parks with my brother and his family. DH and I are going to meet with the vacation club people at 10:30 looking to add more points to our timeshare, then we will meet up with everyone in Epcot.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:00 AM   #8  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Good Morning All!!

Major milestone Kissi! It has to feel good to know you have passed the halfway mark!!!!
Old 08-22-2014, 10:13 AM   #9  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Good Morning All!!

Woohoo! That is a HUGE accomplishment!
Old 08-22-2014, 10:27 AM   #10  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:
Jemma, my goal weight was kinda a number I pulled out with my BMI in mind and knowing I've been down there before. I'm kinda going to play it by ear when I get closer to that goal just to see how I feel. I feel the same way, I can see a loss but still feel really overweight for me right now.
f base it on a good BMI I would need to get to at least 145. I'll keep that in mind. It's only five pounds more than my original goal. Kinda scary to me becuase I can't remember weighing 145. Maybe in my twenties.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
I was thinking yesterday that I might have to re think my goal weight. Two years ago I weighed what I weigh now and I felt so great and thin for ME. I look in the mirror now and see the loss but, I still feel like a fat girl. I don't know what I will feel at 150 ( my goal) but, I think I may still feel too big. Guess I will have to see when I get there.
I think body image is an issue when one loses weight. It is hard for the brain and emotions to catch up with the change in physical shape.

Yesterday, I decided I wanted a hair change after seeing a photo of me. But I do not know what will flatter me most since my face shape is very different. So I scheduled a consult with a hairdresser recommended to me and I get to talk to her about what to do with my curly hair other than the "old lady" cut I have now.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Default TMI - The big C (from yesterday)

Wasn't on the boards yesterday, but there was a conversation about the Big C. I also have IBS-C and have had a lot of trouble with it on this diet. Sometimes it gets to a point where nothing seems to help - not Miralax, not the extra Magnesium, nothing. When this happened a few weeks ago I was desperate and did an enema. I'd never done one before and was kind of freaked out, but it really did help. Just an FYI if anyone gets that miserable, it's an option. I just went with a store-bought one.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:50 AM   #13  

Have a scale victory to report today! Made it to (and past) my mini-milestone of 75 pounds down! I'm going to the store this afternoon to buy a new bead for my charm bracelet! I am hoping to be past 90 before I leave mid-October for a long trip. One pound at a time. :-)
Old 08-22-2014, 10:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I think body image is an issue when one loses weight. It is hard for the brain and emotions to catch up with the change in physical shape.

Yesterday, I decided I wanted a hair change after seeing a photo of me. But I do not know what will flatter me most since my face shape is very different. So I scheduled a consult with a hairdresser recommended to me and I get to talk to her about what to do with my curly hair other than the "old lady" cut I have now.
I agree schenectady! Body image is an issue as you lose weight, I still have my days feeling as big as I did when I started, which is my highest weight ever, excluding my pregnancies. Picking a weight where I felt comfortable was hard but as I got to my goal, I knew I could maintain it and felt good in my clothes. I also love to exercise so I toned up and that made me feel better too. That doesn't mean I don't question that number from time to time still, but I think thats normal for all of us.

I hope you will show us a picture of your new hair cut! How fun to go and pick a new style. My hair is driving me crazy right now, maybe I should do something new too!
Old 08-22-2014, 10:51 AM   #15  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
f base it on a good BMI I would need to get to at least 145. I'll keep that in mind. It's only five pounds more than my original goal. Kinda scary to me becuase I can't remember weighing 145. Maybe in my twenties.
I've struggled a lot with setting a goal weight (as many on here have read before). My current goal weight is 8 pounds above a normal BMI for me. But, I have a pretty heavy lean mass for a woman (about 130 pounds), so I have to take BMI with a grain of salt. It's something you have to play by ear as you get closer to goal I think. I've been toying the idea of adjusting my goal down to 155, but my weight loss has seriously slowed (fully expecting a 0 loss this week) so I think I'm getting to the point where I'm supposed to be, and P2 may get me down to that normal BMI anyway. Evemomma posted about this recently too.

It's a tough call, especially if you don't have a point of reference for your "lowest weight" and that realistic body image factor hasn't really caught up yet. But I think focusing on other factors than just the number on the scale, like how you feel and how clothes fit will help you decide as you get closer.

Last edited by pishposhappelsauce; 08-22-2014 at 10:52 AM.
Closed Thread