Old 08-06-2014, 08:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Default What motivates you when you work out?

When I workout I jam to country music.i like to imagine myself as the hot chic they are talking about.i am gonna shake it in a chevy with my daisy dukes on and a bottle of jack
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:29 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I run to country.

And lift weights to hard rock.

My motivation is mostly relief from anxiety. I find I don't worry about anything after a good workout. Saying that, after about a year the mirror is starting to look better too. So that is also a motivation for me.

But the stress-buster is the biggest.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:32 PM   #3  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

I picture myself in a wedding dress, thin, posing for pictures. Family is there, commenting on how good I look. I think about when I buy a house in a new location and people will tell my husband he got a good looking one. I think about when I'm pregnant, how healthy the baby will be, how happy and energetic I will be. I think about when my kids are playing outside, how I'll chase them and run with them. How I won't be breathless. I think about when they are in school, they won't be embarrassed by me, they will want to go on walks with me. I think about how when they are teenagers I'll still be alive to hang out with them. I'll spend money on their "in" clothes and their new technology instead of hospital bills for my health issues. I think about when they are graduated, that they won't worry about me, that I'll be able to move furniture and clean my house without being breathless. I think about how I'll be around to see them have kids, and actually become a Grandma. One that can baby sit and run with her grandchildren and go hiking with them. I think about how my husband will be old with me, and we'll go hiking across Europe, swim in the beaches of Greece, and run down the streets of England. I think about that sort of thing and next thing I know... the work out is over.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:04 AM   #4  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I read when I do cardio. I don't even have to think about what I'm doing, as long as it's a good book!

Strength is a different story...I get SO bored. But honestly, the exercise challenge on this forum is what makes me do it.

The rest of my "working out" is all fun stuff that I enjoy, so no motivation needed
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:55 PM   #5  
Getting my life back

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
I read when I do cardio. I don't even have to think about what I'm doing, as long as it's a good book!

Strength is a different story...I get SO bored. But honestly, the exercise challenge on this forum is what makes me do it.

The rest of my "working out" is all fun stuff that I enjoy, so no motivation needed
Books on tape for your weight lifting? I use to to do that, when I ran. Just put in some book on a tape. Or, I do podcasts sometimes. Mostly when I drive.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:29 PM   #6  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Hmm. That's a possibility! I really need to get an arm band or something for my phone so I can do that or at least listen to music during weights. Gonna scope out Amazon now. Thanks
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #7  
Looking for the 200's

S/C/G: 325/311.4/174

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurisitaru View Post
I picture myself in a wedding dress, thin, posing for pictures. Family is there, commenting on how good I look. I think about when I buy a house in a new location and people will tell my husband he got a good looking one. I think about when I'm pregnant, how healthy the baby will be, how happy and energetic I will be. I think about when my kids are playing outside, how I'll chase them and run with them. How I won't be breathless. I think about when they are in school, they won't be embarrassed by me, they will want to go on walks with me. I think about how when they are teenagers I'll still be alive to hang out with them. I'll spend money on their "in" clothes and their new technology instead of hospital bills for my health issues. I think about when they are graduated, that they won't worry about me, that I'll be able to move furniture and clean my house without being breathless. I think about how I'll be around to see them have kids, and actually become a Grandma. One that can baby sit and run with her grandchildren and go hiking with them. I think about how my husband will be old with me, and we'll go hiking across Europe, swim in the beaches of Greece, and run down the streets of England. I think about that sort of thing and next thing I know... the work out is over.
What you wrote is beautiful, and I think about a lot of those sames things, wedding, moving to a new home, and babies.
milliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #8  
Getting my life back

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliej View Post
What you wrote is beautiful, and I think about a lot of those sames things, wedding, moving to a new home, and babies.
Babies are a big motivations for sure. ^^ I mean, the wedding is a BIG motivation, but I think it's choosing the healthy life stye not just the one that will get me to goal for the big day that wins because I think about having kids a lot. I really want to be a good mom, that has healthy happy kids.

I've also totally planned science experiments when they are older that we can do when they ask me certain questions that every kid acts. I'm going to be the lame mom that answers questions with "Lets do a science experiment..." I use to love when my dad did that. I'd ask him "Where do clouds come from?" and instead of just telling me (which he would) we would then "make clouds" in a small little green house and I could see them and I remember being excited about it. My little green house grew the best little herbs.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #9  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

I picture myself at my goal weight going shopping for new clothes. I can't wait!
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft3 ish

90% is the satisfaction that I achieved the entire work out 10% is knowing there is an end ( I do enjoy running and I'm very motives to run, but on struggle days with the duration/minutes do a run the end makes me push through)
cheddahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

I workout while watching Netflix, usually XENA: WARRIOR PRINCESS these days lol

My main motivation is making sure I'm progressing over where I was before (longer rides, more resistance, higher weights, more reps, etc.), the TV is just to keep me from focusing on how much I hurt toward the end.
underanalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 03:02 PM   #12  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I think about my husband, the things we do and will do together, I think about chasing our baby around the park, about how I want to look during my next pregnancy which won't be for another year or two, basically I visualize a lot! My favorite tunes also help!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:11 PM   #13  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Just that fact that Im burning calories is motivation enough
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 235/192.6/150

I always read during cardio so that helps the time pass for me. When I left weights I listen to music and try to concentrate on really pushing myself.
kabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:23 PM   #15  
Holistic Nutritionist

I love doing blogilates. It's free on youtube. Cassey the instructor is super fun and there is a great community.
BethLeah is offline   Reply With Quote