Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-06-2014, 05:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft3 ish

Default Cravings

I'm having cravings, all the time. I'm on the edge of onederland and don't want to ruin it. When food shopping I troll the chocolate isle, google calories in mcdonalds shakes and try to justify one piece of cake. I am avoiding actually eating any of this but finding it so hard. Life has to be about choices and fun sometimes and I really still miss all the junk food I ate before. I'm still running and on plan with carbs and calories but DAMN. I'm going on holiday in a week and I'm worried this will be so much more difficult to resist. I have fruits and veggies available but I'm not enjoying them anymore. Any suggestions or advice? Please?
cheddahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:04 AM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Pack a lot of fruit in your purse and be like the guy who makes fruit smoothies to go in the back of his truck LOL. Or plan your cheats. Like, one piece of cheesecake, shared. I make a game when travelling called The Best of The Bad. Even if I'm at a greasy deli in the middle of nowhere I can find something close-ish to what plan I'm on. (the lone banana next to the gum). Vacations are tough, you may not lose weight, but it is possible to maintain. Good Luck!
Inkrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:09 AM   #3  
looser

S/C/G: 185/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

i do 24 hour fast once a week. Kills all the craving for me for the week ahead.
unwanted37lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:29 AM   #4  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Cheddah, what is your diet like? Is it very repetitive? What I mean is, sometimes when dieting we get ourselves locked into the same "safe" foods over and over because it's easier and feels less stressful because the calorie counts are already known or we've already lost weight on those items.

If that is the case then you've likely just got to vary the diet more. I've done the same before...stuck with safe things so long, that one day the thought of eating those foods AGAIN makes me nauseated. Maybe you just need some new recipes?
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

If I was walking down the junk isles and googling mcmac food, I'd be going crazy with cravings, too. Stop! Lol.
Seriously though, I had major problems with this when I very first cut out all the junk. I'd get a little craving and then I'd think about chocolate, ice cream or chips and it would all start going downhill from there, because once I got it in my head, the craving would get unbearable until I just caved. My solution...no junk in the house and stay away from it in the stores, too. Once I completely cut out the junk, the cravings went away. I still get a little zing of a craving when I see candy or ice cream commercials, but not the intense 'I gotta have that' craziness.
Have you tried dannon light and fit Greek yogurt? They have some really yummy flavors. I put it in the freezer and it's like a treat.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:04 AM   #6  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

I prefer Chobani Greek, but yes, KatMarie is right, yogurt can be an excellent treat! (Coconut is my favorite!)
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote