Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-03-2014, 07:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft3 ish

Default Post run headache

Hi. I'm on week 6 of c25k. And I'm finding if I am struggling with a certain run, I always find I have a headache immediately after work out. I drink loads of water and warm up/ cool down. I run about 3-4 times a week and sometimes repeat a week if I feel I need to inorder to improve for the next goal. Has anyone have this. I'm also finding my runs aren't as good in morning as in pm. Not even as good , but I struggle much less with my runs in the pm. Strange I know but putting it out there if anyone has any advice for me. Thanks
cheddahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 179/161/149

Height: 5"8

I find morning running is remarkably easier if I have some coffee before my run. It makes a world of difference for me!
superB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:58 PM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

While I generally do not do this Monday-Friday because of complexities with getting to work that I will not go into here, I find it better to run in the morning before coffee and breakfast (which I do at the weekend). I normally eat a banana before running and then I eat a proper breakfast and drink coffee immediately after the run.

This way I do not get digestive issues when I run. And I get nourishment after my run when I feel frickin' hungry.

I run 4 miles a day Monday to Friday and 5-6 miles on Saturday and Sunday.

Last edited by IanG; 08-08-2014 at 07:59 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/160/105

If I'm struggling with a run, immediately afterwards my head feels like it wants to explode out of my skull. It's feels like there's a lot of pressure in there, and it hurts! I never looked into why that happens, and it goes away after a while.

I simply cannot exercise during the morning. I have always been a night person, and mornings for me are a groggy mess. I also find that once I've eaten a few meals, I have way more energy to get down to it.
Stefania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft3 ish

Thanks everyone!! Great advice and I love reading what works for you and seeing if it works for me too.
cheddahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #6  
Just Me..Lee

Height: 6'4"

This has hppened to me before. Don't start high-intensity exercise too suddenly, I make sure to always warm up first and cool down slowly afterward.

Don't go from 0 to 60 to quickly, I don't know if you do or not but I'm just sayin'

I also have found that it helped me when I had a bottle of vitamin-enhanced water or took a vitamin with my water. Taking an anti-inflammatory over-the-counter medicine like naproxen or ibuprofen before exercising also can help.

-Lee
Lee Torre_ googleme is offline   Reply With Quote