Old 07-30-2014, 11:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Default im not ashamed i just dont want anyone to see

So this time around i dont want anyone other then the people i see in my everyday life to see my weightloss i want it to be like a big reveal.No romantic relationship until i hit goal and i dont wanan go to any parties until i hit goal.anyone else with me?
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:17 AM   #2  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

I couldn't do that. I can't put my life on hold until I make a weight goal. I mean, reveals are nice and all, but I'd feel depressed if I missed parties, events, dating simply because I wasn't at the weight I want to be at.

I've done that, decided to "hide" myself until I lost 20lbs, it sucks. You miss out on so many things just because you aren't at goal. Reveal it to distant relatives, not your current friends.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:02 AM   #3  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

I don't think that I could make sustainable changes to my life if I was trying to lose weight in a bubble...I need to find a way to make healthier choices even when I go to parties.

I totally understand wanting that "wow!" moment from people. It is tough when you see the same people all the time because they can be less likely to notice the differences. I live overseas from my family and friends, but they know I'm making efforts too.

If it works for you, thats awesome. It wouldn't work for me.
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

I have unintentionally (I lost my grandma who was a mum to me in April and just haven't felt like dealing with non critical stuff/people) not seen a lot of people since I've lost 20kg (44lbs), still for a way to go but as I've bumped into people I know it's been quite encouraging to hear the 'omg what have you been doing? You look great!' comments. Good luck with your journey!
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft3 ish

If it feels right and it is what you want to do, then I say go for it. Like the other replies, I too have family abroad that haven't seen me since my 40 lb weight loss. ( skype can be cruel and distort) and I'm also looking forward to the wow factor when we visit in 3 weeks. my work mates don't say much, but people can be funny. Whether it's not really noticble , sticky subject or jealous it doesn't really matter to me keep up the good loss and hard work. I'm closer to half way and it motivates me even more to keep
cheddahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

i know its the right descison romantically.I want to wait until im at goal weight and feel more amazing about my body.I dont go to parties often anyway so its not a huge deal to avoid it.I go out with my normal friends once a week.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 223/197/120

Height: 5'5

I can't say that I agree with you but I think the difference with how I've been trying to lose weight before is that I don't want to talk about it to anyone, which is why I want support from this forum. Lead by example and if people notice before your goal weight, it can only be a good thing, right?
muguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:35 PM   #8  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

I say do what you have to do for yourself. For some people severely limiting social interaction might be a detriment, but for others it might be a big help.

For me, I go about my regular social activities, but I try to steer those toward fewer food-related activities. Parties are okay - there's loads to do that's not eating. For me, being busier corresponds to eating better.

However, I second you on wanting to keep the weight loss hidden until you're done. I'm definitely the same way! If I could buy a sweater or something that'd hide everything until I was done, I'd do it. Sadly, there is no such sweater.

But I never discuss my weight loss with anyone. That's why I come here.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

Skittles, I think I can relate, but I agree with the others also. I'm kind of split.

At my current weight, I really do not attract any quality guys... (And I think through our chats, you probably already know this! Haha!) I think I'm going to wait to date as well, by not making any efforts on my part to do so. But if a guy shows interest I wouldn't be against it or say no just to wait until I've lost all of the weight.
I also wanted to have dropped 1-2 sizes by the time I went back to school to have some sort of "reveal", but no luck yet.
I wouldn't stop yourself from doing fun things or going out, because I think you might regret it. I know I have regretted skipping things in the past because I felt too fat and wanted to wait until I was in shape to go to things like that.

So what I would say is, don't stop yourself! Focus on becoming happier with your body first and foremost, but if something comes along, don't skip out!
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote