Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-29-2014, 01:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 149/147/125

Height: 4'11 and a half

Default Newbie needing encouragement...PLEASE!

Just joined a few days ago and still feeling my way around the site. Hoping someone out there can help...

I started SBD a week ago and only lost 2 pounds. I have been trying all day to put a positive spin on it, but truthfully, I am disappointed and feeling like my goal is so far away. I know 2 pounds lost is better than 2 pounds gained, but I expected a little more. I really, really stuck to protocol...no wine, no sweets...etc. I am feeling better and in more control (there are those positive thoughts), but I guess I'm overwhelmed when thinking about how long this is going to take. I was hoping a bigger loss would motivate me to keep me going.

I've spent nearly my entire life overweight and really want to get comfortable in my own skin (41 years old now). Something holds me back...but I am not sure what. I lost 60 pounds on WW 12 years ago and have kept 50 of it off, but I can't get motivated to lose the rest. I am 4'11 and a half ; - ) and now weigh 147.6 pounds. My lowest ever was 138.

Any motivating suggestions? How does the buddy system work? I don't want to give up yet.....
helpmesucceed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

If you were able to keep 50 lbs off for 12 years, you are already a winner. You must know from that experience that it takes time. Great job!

I wish I had some motivating suggestions. If I did, and wrote a book, I would be rich. Just hang in there and stick to it. Good luck.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:26 PM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

You lost weight AND you kept it off? Do you realize how rare this makes you?

You've got this, no problem.

One practical tip. I am not too familiar with the SBD so I am not sure how much it accounts for you being 4'11" tall. Fat loss is always going to be an equation of energy so just keep that in mind.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:53 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Wow, you're actually very impressive! Most people can't keep that kind of weight off. I would like to send you some hugs. Also, if WW works for you, why not do it again? Or maybe you can do WW and SBD? Just a thought.

Also, 2 lbs. in a week is a lot at your weight. It might not be what you want to hear, but I think you're doing weight. If you'd like to create a higher caloric deficit and you don't want to cut down on how much you're eating, you might consider adding exercise. It's not necessary, but it can help.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:59 AM   #5  
patpatpatpatpat

S/C/G: S: 89kg -- C: 78,8kg -- G 49kg

Height: 145 cm

2 lbs is very good, also given your height! (I am short too, so I know how it feels ^^)

you have experience maintaining your weight, this is awesome! Just imagine, the faster you lose it the more difficult it gets to maintain. and 2 lbs are at the border of "rapid loss" for us shorties.

If you go on like this you will be "through" in about 11 weeks. that is not even 3 months. you will have it all gone in october... just think of an event in novemner where you will go with your perfect weight. a halloween costume maybe?

Give your body the time. to really lose radically more you either have to starve yourself or work out half the day every day, which both doesnt sound too funny, does it? . Your body is a good one and losing at a fair speed.

Also remember your body had more to work with as you lost that 60 lbs back then. So it of course would lose faster, since you carried all that weight along for all day, which made it burn more. imagine you would have to have a 60 lb backpack you have to drag along day in, day out. that is why it maybe was able to lose more back then.

anyhow, congrats on the maintenance and congrats on the fast loss for your weight and height. hang in there, we are here for you
PatPat is offline   Reply With Quote