Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-25-2014, 03:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/182/155

Height: 5'8

Default Realizing you're still obese

Hi.

I'll try to make this as quick as possible. I have been feeling very worthless lately, mostly because of my weight. I know weight loss doesn't solve everything, but what I have lost has certainly helped. And I'm proud of that, well....

Just needed a place to turn because everyone around me is skinny, and they don't make me feel bad on purpose. Maybe I'm rushing things too soon? Because for the longest time I saw myself as skinny even though I wasn't, and it's like a slap in the face from reality when you realize you're still huge.

And so the other day I was looking at pictures of myself and just feeling lousy!! I know there's nothing I can do except pick myself up and keep moving forward...

Thanks for listening...
df180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 179/161/149

Height: 5"8

You have achieved so much! It is really something to be proud of. It would have been so easy to have stayed at the weight you were, and for every pound you have lost you are making yourself more healthy and are moving ever closer to that goal of being a healthy weight. There is no question that you can do it, because you have already achieved more than half of your goal!
We all have moments when we feel down, but truly be proud of yourself and know that you WILL get to your ultimate goal!
superB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

I just wanna give you a big hug! I totally agree with superB. Just want to add that every pound will make a bigger and bigger difference as your weight goes down. So, the next ten pounds is going to make quite a large difference compared to what you lost earlier, yk? You have done great and it will feel better and better. I can remember having the same feeling, though. Almost feeling foolish bc I had been feeling so good about my weightless and then looking up and realizing I was fat. Ugh.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

It's important to remember that body fat makes you fat which can make you sick and unattractive to some people, but that's it. It doesn't make you evil or worthless or inferior to anyone. You're a unique and wonderful human being, worthy of love and respect (from others and most especially yourself). That's your birthright as a human being, whether or not you lose or gain any amount of weight.

There are a lot of great reasons to lose weight, but the right to exist and be seen as a valuable human being isn't one of them.

Your weight is only one small part of who you are, and it doesn't determine your value as a human being. Some people will judge your value you by the scale (and/or by the job you have, the money you make, the posessions you own, the clothes you wear, the color of your skin....) but you don't have to.

Lose weight to pamper and reward the wonderful you that you are and can be, not to punish yourself or earn worth. You're already worthy.

Last edited by kaplods; 07-25-2014 at 07:01 AM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:17 AM   #5  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Your weight doesn't determine your worth. The reasons you are losing weight should be for good and valid reasons, like a longer and healthier life (and an easier one!), and shouldn't be tied to what you THINK other people think of you. Besides, what other people think of you is none of your business!

I think losing weight is harder mentally than is is physically - at least it always has been for me. I too always saw myself as much smaller than I was and I had... almost an epiphany when I realized 'gee, youre kinda huge!'... but being "huge" never determined my confidence or self worth. You gotta love yourself first!

Last edited by kateleestar; 07-25-2014 at 07:17 AM.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

It's temporary, this feeling. We all have those days. I have days I just exude happiness and then days I'm down and like, How could I have felt so differently just a few days or .. or yesterday even? You can give in and prolong it or persevere and know you'll feel better soon enough. It's tough to persevere but that's what we do as adults. We know thoughts and emotions are not static but fluid feelings. You can be always proud of where you've been and how far you have come but some days are harder to "feel" that than others. I think the word "journey" is being overused these days but it really is a journey this weight loss stuff and some days or series of days are just going to be rough. You'll keep going and be okay!
Mad Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:09 AM   #7  
Fatbuster

S/C/G: 165/126.2/115

Height: 5'6

I also hate being the fattest person around....everyone around me is much thinner and fitter. Somedays it's hard, but I tell myself to keep going. the dissatisfaction with our weight is also a great source of motivation - it gives us a reason to move and to eat better. Don't think about where you are but how far you've come and where your going.

Last edited by daydreamangel; 07-26-2014 at 02:10 AM.
daydreamangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:28 AM   #8  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Ugh, I know how you feel. I hate it when I'm the fattest one, but then there are times when I'm the thinnest one and it feels good. I hate to say it, but it does. There are people who are confident with their curves. I really feel best about myself when I'm thin.

You've come so far! You are so close to onderland! I'm guessing don't look as big as you think you look! And "overweight" is practically around the corner. Keep up the good work!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:10 PM   #9  

I think you've done an amazing job. You've worked so hard to get this far - it's really an inspiration for people like me who are constantly on and off the wagon. If you ask me, you should be extra proud of yourself when you compare yourself to others. You are a walking medal of success in one of the biggest struggles ever!
Bethedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:34 PM   #10  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I just wanted to send you hugs. Also, when I was at my highest weight, I knew I was overweight, but I was in a great deal of denial about it because it was just too painful to face head on. As I've lost weight (many times, btw), I've become more aware of my imperfections and this has been quite a challenge emotionally. However, now that I'm closer to goal, I feel a whole lot better about myself and I"ve been at goal before (many times, btw) and it really helps me with my confidence.

The point I'm trying to make is that this is a journey that is mental as well as physical. It's really hard, but loving yourself thin is way better than hating yourself thin.

You've made tremendous progress and that is just incredible! You have so much more to offer the world than your physical appearance. Also, we are our own worst critics and some of us (me included) do struggle with some body dysmorphia. Please take care and treat yourself with the level of kindness you provide other people. You deserve it!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft3 ish

I completely understand even with the weight loss so far, I still have a very negative image of myself. I know this is my issue. For example, I wanted to put progress photos onto my profile. Not to attract attention , I'm not like that. But more for me. So that I can see the progress and maybe it would encourage me to keep going further. I desperately WANT to see myself differently ,but I can't seem to be able.i am down 2 sizes, inches too. I feel it in every piece of clothing. My DH sees it and compliments me. So today, I found a picture at my heaviest ( a rarity for sure!) and I took a picture toady in the same seat and position. My reaction was" ugh , terrible ". Why? My couldn't understand why I was saying that. Well, my progress photos are on hold for the moment. It's such an awful feeling
cheddahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:53 PM   #12  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
It's important to remember that body fat makes you fat which can make you sick and unattractive to some people, but that's it. It doesn't make you evil or worthless or inferior to anyone. You're a unique and wonderful human being, worthy of love and respect (from others and most especially yourself). That's your birthright as a human being, whether or not you lose or gain any amount of weight.

There are a lot of great reasons to lose weight, but the right to exist and be seen as a valuable human being isn't one of them.

Your weight is only one small part of who you are, and it doesn't determine your value as a human being. Some people will judge your value you by the scale (and/or by the job you have, the money you make, the posessions you own, the clothes you wear, the color of your skin....) but you don't have to.

Lose weight to pamper and reward the wonderful you that you are and can be, not to punish yourself or earn worth. You're already worthy.
Wow! Got the chills reading your post!!! I think I will print it for when I need a pick me up! THANK YOU so much for these words.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote