Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-22-2014, 08:10 PM   #1  
is back on the wagon!

S/C/G: 236/197/170

Height: 5'5

Default Losing ten pounds in one month? Realistic or not?

I want to be weighing in at 190 by September 11th because of a special event and I'm weighing 204 right now, which gives me 50 days to do so. I'm hoping I can work off ten pounds by the end of one month and then the extra few days will be for the four pounds. Do you think this is a realistic goal? It sounds so hard.

I'll be eating healthy and working out about 4-5 days a week or more if I have the time and strength to do so. I really want to push for this.
fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

10 pounds in a month is not unrealistic, but for me it takes calorie counting and physical activity. Sounds like you have a good plan though with the healthy eating and working out. Good luck!
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:45 PM   #3  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

To be honest, I don't think it sounds terribly likely - not without severe restriction into crash dieting levels. But you know what? Shoot for the moon, and if you miss, at least you'll land amongst the stars. (Translation: Buckle down - in a safe, healthy way - and even if you miss your goal at those 50 days, you'll be closer to it than if you hadn't tried to get there.) Edit to add - after all, if you hit 192 instead of 190, wouldn't that still be a victory and better than where you are now?

Last edited by Desiderata; 07-22-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:16 PM   #4  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

It's possible, but it would be hard. And would probably require some restriction you might not be comfortable with.

But give it a shot, and if you make 195 instead of 190, you still lost 9 pounds!
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:19 PM   #5  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

I'm on day 45, I lost 8.2 lbs. It's not 14, but it's close.

I lost an inch on my waist so far, and 3 off my bum. So, 45 days and I'm looking good.

30 day shred and running, with healthy calorie counting.

I also had a few "cheat days" and am not so strict it's painful. I'm sure if I was on par every day and didn't allow the 50 calories over on occasion, I could have lost more. But I'm in it for life, not an event, so I'm ok with 50 calories over on occasion, and I'm ok with a rare cheat meal.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:42 AM   #6  
patpatpatpatpat

S/C/G: S: 89kg -- C: 78,8kg -- G 49kg

Height: 145 cm

I have lost 5.5 kilos in abt 4 weeks so far. In pounds I started out at 196.2 and am now at 184. It takes me a lot of dedication though and knowing about myself and my body.
calories are between 1000 and 1300, sometimes more sometimes less and I try to work out for an hour each day (pause 1 day a week). the calories CAN be so low with me due to my height, I guess for you they need to be a tad higher.

PS: bear in mind that I just started the diet and you do lose more at the beginning of a diet for sure.

Last edited by PatPat; 07-23-2014 at 09:47 AM.
PatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:23 AM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

There are so many variables that it's impossible to know. Lots of people have lost that amount of weight in that amount of time. Other people have plateaued and have lost far less than that. Who knows?

Can you be more tone and in better shape in that amount of time, and have that reflected in how you look? I think it's pretty safe to say the answer is yes, and since you aren't going to be stepping on any scales at your event, it makes sense to stay on plan regardless of the ultimate number on the scale, IMHO.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'4"

I would think it is possible to lose 10 pounds in a month if you stick to your plan, but if you come up a couple shy then you can't beat yourself up over it. I am starting back up again and then #1 thing that really helps me is to make a journal. I previously did weight watchers and had a lot of success with it, but then got too comfortable and here I am. I think it's much easier to slip if you aren't keeping track. Drinking water is huge and I actually found that drinking a couple cups of green tea did help.
Jade97830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 195.5/177.4/140

Height: 5'3"

Default I lost 19 ibs. in 40 days

Did you ever hear of the NJ diet? You should look it up online. I am finished with first round and in 3 weeks I start another round.I lost 19 lbs. They guarantee at least 20 lbs. or they pay for another round. It works!
wanabskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:29 PM   #10  
is back on the wagon!

S/C/G: 236/197/170

Height: 5'5

Such great advice, guys, thank you so much! You're right, if I'm feeling better but a few pounds off from my goal the victory is still sweet. I'll work hard and see where that takes me. What else can you even do, you know?
fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:22 AM   #11  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiderata View Post
To be honest, I don't think it sounds terribly likely - not without severe restriction into crash dieting levels. But you know what? Shoot for the moon, and if you miss, at least you'll land amongst the stars. (Translation: Buckle down - in a safe, healthy way - and even if you miss your goal at those 50 days, you'll be closer to it than if you hadn't tried to get there.) Edit to add - after all, if you hit 192 instead of 190, wouldn't that still be a victory and better than where you are now?
This, exactly.

And as a calorie counter, I've done it before... cutting carbs down helps too with that last little bit. It might bounce back after your 'event' but that's okay... just keep going!

Good luck to you!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote