South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 05:01 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat, Monday, July 14

Good Morning

Thought I'd get us started since I'm up

I'm trying to get some paperwork done before heading out to work. I go in early today so getting organized is helpful. It's pretty quiet around here since the pup stayed with Kirk this trip. Just me and the kitty. We had a hard rain last night and I, too, seem to have an allergy to the mosquito bites so I'm being very careful. Everything else is going good....the boiler should be finished today or tomorrow then we'll crank it up and see if it really works.

What's on your agenda? Stop and say hi!
Old 07-14-2014, 05:47 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, Debbie. and thanks for the start-up coffee. Mine is much needed today because I'm particularly tired for some reason and need to spend the day judging Fair schoolwork. It will take most of the day because we have more than 1000 entries.

Yesterday we had rain almost all day - great for the gardens but not so great for Elgin Days, an annual festival in the next town. I caught up on my accounting pile - one brief shining moment! - and even did a bit of housework! It'll pile up again but ...

I'm sort of counting on being finished by mid-afternoon with the judging but that may not happen. I really want to do a few garden jobs today and high on the list is to pick some kale. My six "dwarf" plants are huge and overshadowing the chard. Somebody goofed in the labelling at the garden centre!

Raising my mug and toasting the start of another work week!
Old 07-14-2014, 05:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning chicks

Debbie you never seem to waste anytime WOW. Send a little of your energy my way please

Ruth I desperately need to catch up with housework. I am neat, but I really do not feel like vacuuming. I've often thought about getting one of those little vacuum robots. With all the rain I keep putting off mopping the floors too.

Going to the funeral for the Inspector today. Believe me there is nothing like wearing a heavy wool suit in weather like this, hazy, hot, humid and rainy. I plan on bringing my uniform to the dry cleaner later today even though I really need to find a good tailor. I weigh a few pounds more than I did when I graduated the academy yet my body must have changed shape. The thing fits me like a moo moo lol

Have a great Monday fun day
Old 07-14-2014, 06:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL Jekel, that it fits you like a moo moo. You're pretty thin now, you must've been really thin when you graduated! (before kids?!)

Ruth, that judging must drag on a bit, 1000 entries? I need to do something with my kale as well.

Debbie, thanks for starting us off! I hope the new boiler is quiet!

Camping was great this weekend. We took off a bit earlier than normal yesterday with the threat of rain, but it didn't hit hard until last night.

I found this recipe last night: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Apple-a..._results_p1i12 Sounds interesting, and a new way to use zucchini!

I think I'm going to make my confetti salad for lunches this week. Pretty quick and easy, and oh-so-yummy!
Old 07-14-2014, 07:11 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Smoothie in hand....yum!

Ruth, I don't envy judging all those entries but it must be fun, too! Hope you find a way to get some rest!

Twynn, recipe sounds good!

Jennifer, hope it's not too hot for you today. I, too, find that stuff is baggy that used to fit fine at a lower weight. I didn't eat so healthy (or exercise as much) back then.

Pearlrose, I think you should get a cruiser, too. My bikes are both hybrids-I like that style for how I ride.

Cottage, wish I could send some raspberries your way.

sophie, you always amaze me with all the baking from scratch. Exciting only 3 weeks until you go to France!

Karen, I hope your injection goes well (I think it's today)

OK, work calls!
Old 07-14-2014, 07:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning. It was such a nice weekend that I'm finding it hard to get motivated this morning! It will be an easy week, though, with Cindy and the girls in Kentucky all week, and I'm on my own schedule. I have a few projects that I want to tackle while they're gone, like organizing the pantry and mud room, but I should be finished by noon and only plan to work today and tomorrow.

Ruth, that will be a fun job, judging the artwork. I hope the the upstairs in the fair hall isn't too hot, though!

Debbie, good luck with the new boiler!

Jennifer, I hope you somehow manage to stay cool in that heavy suit during the funeral.

Tammy, that recipes sounds unusual, mixing apples and zucchini together. I'm curious to hear how you like it.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:05 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another Monday morning, another work week. Ours started with the town grading our road at 6:00 am. All that rain last night must have really compromised it for them to be there so early. Not much exciting going on. A good friend is coming for the weekend so I'm just counting down We were going to go to a local campground but it's booked so we will camp in our own yard and go to the ponds to kayak. I've been wanting to camp-out in our yard so looking forward to it

Debbie - I'm allergic to tick bites and flea bites. Benadryl is my friend.

Ruth - wow, busy day ahead. hope you get a little time to garden then relax on the porch.

Jennifer - Sounds like more muscle

Twynn - I'm making this tonight. I love zucchini. Can't wait to my own plants start producing.

Cottage - Sounds like a relaxing week ahead.

I need to fire up my dehydrator for more than my cell phone I've got a recipe for beet chips to try then on to serious winter planning. Now though I'm off to work.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:30 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Debbie. Enjoy your new boiler. We leave on Sept 13 for 3 weeks for France. Yes I bake alot but the difference now is that I always bake something I can cut up and freeze. For instance I have had brownies in the freezer for over two months and took some out for dh and sons to have witn ice cream. Didnt have any. I don't know where the will power is coming from.

Ruth. I would get dizzy from judging all that artwork.

Jennifer. Do drink lots of watrr today

Tammy. That recipe sounds good. I think a zucchini and apple combination would be nice

Cottage hope you have a nice, easy day

Cyndi what can be nicer than having your own bathroom close by

I posted a recipe for a zucchini veggie soup that we have been having this week. I think its company worthy
take care
Sophie
Old 07-14-2014, 08:41 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Somehow had my phone on very low ringer this morning so I slept right through my alarm started rushing around to get to work and decided at least for the morning I am starting from home since I would have been cutting it short for my 8 a.m. call , I have a 10 a.m. meeting but I could easily make it a conference call. Depends if my co partner for 8 a.m. call is working from home or is in office as to whether I will drive in or not.

Debbie- I will probably get me a cruiser or convert one of the ones we have by modifying seats we need to get rid of about 4 other bikes the seats are so uncomfortable on them I cannot ride them (I really need to have a garage sale)

Ruth great that you tackled the accounting

Jekel hope you can stay cool today at the funeral

Tywnn glad you had fun camping this weekend

Cottage sounds like it will be a nice week for you

Cyndi sounds like you are going to use the dehydrator for interesting ideas- beets never thought about drying those out

Okay back to work I go, have a good day everyone

Last edited by Pearlrose; 07-14-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:20 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I have dried beets for winter use before but prefer cold storage. I'm trying these chips for snacking though. Might be fun once in awhile. Most of the vegetables I dry for the crockpot.
Closed Thread