South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 06:43 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Move It Monday - July 7

Good morning although it looks pretty gloomy and dark out there. If it rains, I won't need to water.

Been wearing a Fitbit lately and am very shocked at how few steps I manage in a day! Too much sitting on my fluffy butt at the computer. My sore old knees and hammer toes make outdoor walking difficult but still... I know food control is 80% of weightloss but I don't want to be a 110 pound old lady in a wheel chair. I may have to get back to the treadmill. Pretty sad when my goal is only 1000 steps!

We were supposed to have a Mill Exec meeting this morning but it's been cancelled. There were a few issues (formerly known as "problems") that we can resolve by email. Suits me!

I plan to finish the laundry, go to the Bank and maybe buy some groceries. If it doesn't rain, I'll hack away at more of that darned bamboo. (I'm tackling it by cutting it at the base, one stalk at a time but am limiting the time I spend as I get blisters, even with gloves.)

Hope you have a moving Monday too!
Old 07-07-2014, 06:48 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth! I'm always reading something...."Foodist" is my latest. She really speaks to the power of making small changes and getting more steps is one of them. She speaks of increasing just a little bit and creating some new habits. Glad your meeting is cancelled but sorry the bamboo can't magically disappear.

I'm on the run....work at 530 this morning. Smoothie is ready but I have my 5 min. weight routine and more coffee still on my home agenda.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-07-2014, 07:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Quick check-in for me as well. I need to get the kids in the car to bring them to camp, which adds some time onto the morning. I honestly didn't plan food well (some weird bug yesterday....I slept most of the afternoon), but still can manage a phase 1.5 pretty easily.

Have a great week!
Old 07-07-2014, 07:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Ruth, I hope somebody can come help you cut down all that bamboo! I kind of wish it were raining here, as the humidity is back and it's supposed to climb back into the 90s today.

Debbie, have a smooth day at work!

I'm anticipating the usual busy Monday. Cindy and the girls are leaving Friday for a big Pony Club event in Kentucky, so we'll be getting everything all ready for that, too. At least I'll have an easy week next week!
Old 07-07-2014, 07:13 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning ladies! Gloomy here as well. As Ruth said, that means I won't have to water and I may be forced to do inside chores rather than lawn work.

I had a good holiday weekend but food was not OP. I need to plan the week's menu and get some groceries today. Phase I here I come.

Ruth, glad your bamboo job is started but too bad you didn't get the help you were expecting.

Cottage, Tammy and Debbie, have a good day. Sounds like you both are busy!

Smoothie time!

ETA: And yes, Ruth, I am also going to try to "move it" more!

Last edited by Beth19; 07-07-2014 at 07:27 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. I guess it doesn't feel like Monday to me because I worked all weekend. I'm going to the gym with my mom later then running a few errands. That's as far as I've though through my day. But I am determined to add grocery shopping to the list and to get ingredients to actually cook dinner tonight! Or soon

Ruth - I can commiserate. With all my body issues, I don't even walk for exercise anymore. Hard to remember when I did cardio every day.

Have a great day, chicks.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:55 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Back to work Monday , when I woke up I was like only two more weeks and then you are on vacation.

Ruth I sure hope someone is going to help you with the bamboo cutting. Hey 1000 steps is a goal, once you are hitting that regular then you can up it.

Debbie enjoy your day.

Tywnn that is good that you are able to do Phase 1.5 easily. DD2 real birthday is tomorrow we celebrated it yesterday. She is turning 11 years old.

Cottage sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you.

Beth hopefully it doesn't rain all day for you.

Karen enjoy your day!!

Tonight not sure what is on the agenda, DD2 wants to go out for dinner but she and my DH may be going to Six Flags today so not sure when they will get back.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 07-07-2014, 09:41 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning
rainy day here to which I appreciate with no watering and time to catch up on sdesperately needed housework
my dd wrote that while they were away a bear came thru their backyard. Crushed kids wading pool and went thru the garbage and completely crushed the cans. A new thing to worry about
I bought some blueberry butter for grandsons. They just loved it and I found recipe online and since the blueberries in costco are here and cheap I will be making some. The recipe calls for use of the crockpot which is great with me
take care
Sophie
Old 07-07-2014, 07:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ooooohhhh, blueberry butter? link please!

Pearl - DS is 11 (past april). Same age! I like this age. Old enough to interact, they're a lot of fun right now, but not to the completely snotty age!
Old 07-07-2014, 10:24 PM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipe...ueberry-Butter
here is the one I used delicious. There is also one in allrecipes.com
take care
sophie
Closed Thread