Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 07:39 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Monday 6/30/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-30-2014, 08:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 157/134.5/125

Height: 5'1"

Good morning IP people. It is going to be a good day. I just had cinnamon cereal for breakfast, and I'm about to pack lunch for work. I love the little mini cukes for my lunchtime veggies. I know peas are not allowed, but does anyone know if pea pods are on program? Thanks for listening.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:39 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnemt View Post
Good morning IP people. It is going to be a good day. I just had cinnamon cereal for breakfast, and I'm about to pack lunch for work. I love the little mini cukes for my lunchtime veggies. I know peas are not allowed, but does anyone know if pea pods are on program? Thanks for listening.
Good morning! Do you have a phase 1 sheet?
Snow peas are an occasional veggie. Is that what you meant by pea pods?
Old 06-30-2014, 08:44 AM   #4  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning

I hope everyone has a nice Monday. I have been feeling really good all weekend and even got up super early this morning. I'm getting my order together for my appointment on Wednesday. I'm really hoping the scale shows the progress that I'm feeling and the fact that my clothes are getting looser!!!

My coach has told met that 'conversational cardio' is okay during Phase1 so I started up walking in the park near my house every day. It feels so good to be doing something but by golly it is hot out there!!!!
Old 06-30-2014, 08:44 AM   #5  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnemt View Post

Snow peas are allowed as an occasional veggie, up to twice per week. They are mostly pod - is this what you are looking for?

I love the mini cukes, too. I buy them at Sam's Club, and we finish the bag in two days!
Old 06-30-2014, 08:53 AM   #6  

Kissi, I wondered about exercise on phase 1. "Conversational" as a description helps. Can anyone tell me If I take a walk with a friend or an easy kayak around the lake, should I supplement my protein or is that for more intense exercise?
Old 06-30-2014, 10:06 AM   #7  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I think that is for more intense. My coach encourages walking too. She actually suggested I get a pedometer and aim for 10,000 steps for life and 15,000 steps for weight loss. She did say that's not IP protocol but just good health (she's an RN)
Old 06-30-2014, 10:10 AM   #8  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Well tomorrow is Canada Day. I hope some employers give their Canuck employees a nice long weekend. I know a lot of people who still have to go in today and get tomorrow off. That just seems wrong. LOL

.... Well, the realtor is coming today to take pictures of my house to put up for sale. Can you hear the sobbing and weeping all the way across the border?? HOW can I "hide" all this "stuff" and clean in the next 7 hours??

EDIT: There is finally an advantage to having married Jed Clampett! I can stack boxes in his ice fishing hut and put bags of clothes in his "junker car" that has been a lawn ornament for way too long!

Last edited by IP43; 06-30-2014 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 189/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! I finally made it through a weekend without going off plan! It is truly a new victory for me! Looking forward to having a great week, and reading about all of your experiences!
Old 06-30-2014, 10:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Height: 5'4"

Did well OP yesterday and determined to keep it up this week. Today is DD 6th bday. Swimming, pizza and cake planned for the kiddos. But made a crock pot roast overnight so I'm ready!
IP43- good luck with the "photo shoot"
Old 06-30-2014, 10:40 AM   #11  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca Boo View Post
Good morning everyone! I finally made it through a weekend without going off plan! It is truly a new victory for me! Looking forward to having a great week, and reading about all of your experiences!
Congrats on making it through the weekend. It is one of my challenges too. It is getting easier for me. I surprise myself when I watch my kids eat pizza or something I would normally eat and just walk away.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:45 AM   #12  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Congrats on making it through the weekend. It is one of my challenges too. It is getting easier for me. I surprise myself when I watch my kids eat pizza or something I would normally eat and just walk away.
Oh gosh, I definitely have respect for the Mother's (and Father's) out there on this diet. I keep the temptation away by not having the things that tempt me in the house....you can't really do that if you have children. Major props to you for being able to walk away.

One of the things that I miss the most is probably cheese - second in line would be fruit. My coach is very positive though and keeps reminding me, Phase 1 isn't forever and to stick with it 100% and not cheat and it will be worth it. She has faith in me and that gives me a boost of confidence to keep going - plus the numbers dropping on the scale.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:19 AM   #13  
started IP 06/2/2014

S/C/G: 295/ticker/180

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Default Why don't you WINE about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca Boo View Post
Good job Becca! It is a hard thing to do when there are so many things that can get in the way of staying OP on the weekends. Social engagements pave way for many possible follies.

I sabotaged myself this weekend and have been really upset with myself for the last two days I gave into wine. There are two things that I really miss. Wine and sushi. I had a party and dinner to go to this weekend and on Saturday I finally reached my 20lb loss mark and was so excited. I had two glasses of wine on Saturday and on Sunday was up 2lbs. Is that possible?! I didn't eat anything off the plan. I am almost done beating myself up about it. just really disappointed.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:21 AM   #14  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Skinny Cream of Zucchini Soup

Going to give this recipe from Skinnytaste a try this week and sub WF mayo for the sour cream. Hopefully it's not gross!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/03/c...-ww-point.html
Old 06-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #15  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

I am so so so sunburnt!!! Mostly just on my legs but all the way up! I don't know how I'm going to wear pants and walk around all night!!!! Pretty sure the wind and the spray on sunscreen made this happen lol.
Closed Thread