South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 07:14 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Last Day of June Coffee and Chat

There should be a ritual for the last day of the month like "Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit". June is certainly a lovely moth and I'm sad to see it go. Maybe "Bummer, bummer, bummer"?

We are in full summer now and the past few days have been very, hot and humid. I've actually need the AC the past few afternoons. I had planned to do more cutting back outside but decided it was too hot and muggy. Spent the afternoon making some pesto and also freezing the rest of the scapes my friend gave me. Unfortunately my bamboo cutters did not show - can't say I blame them in this heat.

Today I am off to pick up another batch of schoolwork for the Fair. I already have a car trunk full but I just don't have the energy to lug it all upstairs in the Fair Hall which is an oven. I'll wait until I have it all and then enlist some volunteers to carry it up - I may use some of the Mill staff on a non-busy day. There is a meeting re Mill Events this morning but I am definitely opting out. (The treasurer is part of every committee but all I really need to do is approve the expenses, get them a float and count the bucks and take them to the bank. That's how it's supposed to work but not everybody has read the rules!)

Outta here to crank up the day. No sunrise this morning. Maybe the clouds in the sky are steam!
Old 06-30-2014, 07:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Ruth. Don't overdue it in this weather. I too don't like seeing June end. Although I think i prefer the weather in fall.

The ride yesterday was beautiful. However the hills were not. I actually got off my bike and walked up one. My brain and legs agreed they wanted the break lol. Afterwards went appliance shopping with Joe. Washer and dryer are now checked off the list.

Today it is back to my regularly scheduled life. Oh how I missed it lol.

Have a great day
Old 06-30-2014, 07:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Gosh Ruth, June is gone already?! Maybe July won't be a crazy month for you (LOL).

Today is work. I'm still enjoying it, but I think the cold medicine I took last night has made me completely loopy! I'm hoping the coffee reverses it. I did make a spinach, mushroom and feta cass for breakfast, and roasted veggie and chickpea salad for lunch. Tonight is taco salad.

This week will be nice - off tomorrow (since I work Sat) and off Fri for the holiday. Wouldn't it be awesome if every work week was like that?!
Old 06-30-2014, 07:34 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's an extra coffee day for me, off to staff meeting at the capital. It's going to be a stressful meeting. My job by its nature involves politics so I always straddle the 3FC rule about that, but the less watched Supreme Court decision today could have serious ramifications for my job. I will be glad when the decision comes down though. We've been anticipating, guessing, and dreading and it's always better to know and pivot IMO.

I had a busy, productive day off yesterday. I made a really yummy zucchini spread. It uses 3 lbs of squash and basically melts it down to a tasty dip/spread. I'm trying it in my omelet this morning.

Well, Monday won't wait so I need to get moving. I am looking forward to my glass of wine tonight!
Old 06-30-2014, 07:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

June was a lovely month, and I'm sorry to see it's over. July is going to be an especially busy month, what with vacations, kitchen remodeling and addition of a sunporch, 4 birthdays to celebrate, along with the 4th of July holiday. Wheeeeee!

This past weekend was just glorious and the wedding was perfect. It was so nice to see a lot of family members and friends from all over the US and catch up on the events in their families. Believe it or not, I was able to stay pretty much OP and didn't have any wedding cake or even sample any of the delicious assortment of pies and pastries, either.

After a weekend like that, it's hard to bring myself down to earth again, and I know this week will be busy. The girls are going away to a riding event next week, so we'll be getting their things together and packing for it, and both girls have orthodontist appointments on Wednesday, plus making arrangements for their music lessons. Next week will be quiet, though, with them all gone.

My DGS, Tyler, starts summer camp today, but Amber gets to stay home this summer and is happy about that. I wonder how long it will be before she starts complaining of being bored, though, lol! Grandpop will here and said she could have a friend over now and then as long as they don't drive him crazy. And some days she can come with me over to the farm. She and the girls all get along well together.

OK, I just glanced at the clock and I'd better start moving!

Have a good day and do something nice for somebody!
Old 06-30-2014, 08:05 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

I too am sorry to see June end. The weather, long days and start up of the garden season are one of my favorite times of year. Jennifer, September is also a great time of year but the days are so short that it is hard to enjoy them.

Sounds like the chicks have busy days planned. Me, I'm about to go putter in the garden. I have some bushes that took a real beating this winter and I have to decide whether to dig them up or just cut them way back.

Enjoy your day, chicks!
Old 06-30-2014, 08:52 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We are going to end June with a bang temps should reach 100 today, I was definitely sweating on my run this morning.

This is a quick fly by for me today just wanted to stop in saw hello.

Have a great day!
Old 06-30-2014, 08:56 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth. You are one busy lady. Do wait for volunteers to carry up the boxes
Twynn you sound happy on your new job

Cyndi what a wonderful idea to make spread with zucchini. Is it spicy

Jen. Hope your muscles relax. So many choices in washer/dryer s now

Cottage your renos sound wonderful. A sun porch is my dream. Your weekend must have been wonderful and what willpower

Beth. Have fun in your garden

dark gloomy day today. Will try to go to zoo for a walk before showers and will have to go to costco for coffee. Beyond excited we are going back to France for 3 weeks in September. Rented an apartment in paris for 1 week, b&b in burgundy and also in alsace. This time renting a car outside of paris. My hubby's present for our 45th anniversary and my 70th
Take care
Sophie
got to get into super walking shape

Last edited by sophie; 06-30-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Closed Thread