PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 09:36 AM   #1  
Vampiric Loving Dieter

Wink Another PCOS'er..

Hi girls

I was diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance in 2001. Started taking Glucophage in 2002 without much relief. I currently take Chormium GTF, which is a mineral shown to help control insulin levels and have had great success with it. I also take spiroaldactone to help control blood pressure and a daily multi-vitamin. I also have absent periods for which I take provera. I gave birth to a set of twins in 1998, but severly premature. Unfortunately my little girl didn't survive, but my son is a thriving 4 year old who couldn't be more precious.

I've read the Insulin Resistance Diet book and need to start trying to follow the diet, but haven't been so good about it. I'm glad to see this forum on the boards and will try to post here when I can.

::bighugs:: to all the other PCOS'ers.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:41 PM   #2  
WW Moderator

Nice to have you here! Good luck in reaching your goal. You're not far from Onederland!
Old 07-26-2003, 12:25 AM   #3  
God, Give me strength !!

S/C/G: 240/240/150

Height: 5'7

Welcome aboard!!
I just LOVE this site. It is packed so full of Info, and knowledge it is a really good for very thirsty, inquiring minds
Old 07-26-2003, 11:50 PM   #4  

Question GTF Chromium....

Hi Maharet,

Welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find a lot of great information here...I have a question for you. I'm interested in taking GTF Chromium and you say taking it has helped you...with weight loss? pcos symptoms? How much do you take daily?

Be well,
NJCyster
Old 07-28-2003, 01:03 AM   #5  
WW Moderator

I'm not currently taking Chromium myself, but here is a link with some supplements that are said to be good for insulin resistance. Chromium is one of them.

http://www.gmhc.org/living/treatment/insulin.html
Closed Thread