Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-14-2014, 01:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/186/130

Height: 5.3

Default I feel like life is passing me by : (

I got so upset this morning with my husband. We were suppose to go to a house warming party for his cousin and I tried a bunch of clothes on and I would ask him what looked alright to wear he would say shirt is not long enough then need to wear longer sleeves (it's summer no one sell's shirts that do not have short sleeves that can cover up your arms they are all really short!) and the jeans did not fit me right They are not tight!
I should not of asked him to be so honest but I did and I got so upset I did not go. He has a very active social life and I feel he is embaraesd by the way I look all the other wife's of his friends are skinny little blonds how do I compete?? I'm letting my life pass me by because I do not want to go out in fear of embarrassing him or myself! I sit at home and read books and watch tv I do not want to go anywhere or see anyone that often. I have been on track lost 13 pds but have a long way to go. I know I need to just pick myself up and go on with life but sometimes it is harder then others. I'm going to lose this weight NO MATTER WHAT. I want to feel good about myself and I WANT MY LIFE BACK!
macy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/142/130

Hi, first congratulation on your weight loss. For the rest, you are probably your worse critic and do not compare yourself to someone else.

I guess the trick is look your best at whatever weight you are. Do not wait to lose the weight to go embrass life, it is a vicious circle you stay home because of the way you look, you isolate yourself and put yourself in a situation to overeat. Go out there. Live, laugh, danse and enjoy other people company, I am sure they miss you today.

Like you I do not want to wear short sleeves, dont like my arms but I have a whole collection of 3/4 sleeve bolero that are light weight that can compliment a short sleeve dress. According to your body type you can make yourself look slimmer.

By the way you might envy those skinny blonde woman.....but not all man enjoy that look anyway. Be proud of who you are a woman on a mission.

Last edited by Michou; 06-14-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Michou is offline   Reply With Quote