South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 06:23 AM   #1  
cranky & determined

Thumbs down BEACH DAILY, WEDNESDAY, July 23rd

Goood Morrning Ruthis and all you other Gorgeous Beach Babes!

Another bad hair day here - high humidity, rain etc. I've got company coming from CA (just for a few hours - they're staying elsewhere) and had planned on having an outdoor lunch by the marina. Well, the best laid plans etc. etc.... Guess we'll go to a nearby Mexican resstaurant and I'll have the SBD friendly grilled chicken slalad.

Just 4 days away from my vacation... counting down with gym days - speaking of which, I have a Pilates mat class to go to - I'll check back with you later!

Have a glorious day aon the Beach, Babes!
Old 07-23-2003, 07:42 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!!

Let me guess, Anna. You have beautiful curly hair, and you're complaining because it's going wild.
How do you like Pilates? One of these days I'm going to try it...

I had a TERRIBLE day yesterday. I ate about 2 cups of dry chocolate chip cookie mix. I'm using my period as an excuse, but I am determined to do well today. I'm going to start by throwing the rest of that mix out!

I had a great workout at the Y yesterday, though, and got in 11000 steps on my pedometer.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay OP!!
Old 07-23-2003, 07:46 AM   #3  
Imagine...

Goodmorning Operadog and others to come

Bad bad me, last night was not good. In addition to my dinner I had 2 slices of cake & mac & cheese, and I had been good all day. I think because I was good all day its not so bad. I have to stop rationalizing. I am offically starting on July 29th and now am just trying to ease into it. (not doing a good job) LOL

I used to eat cereal for breakfast every am and by 9:00 starving. For the past 2 days I have been having eggs in the am and they keep me full just fine, so there is sound reasoning to this WOE

Thankfully today is a brand new day.

Hopefully the weather will be nice for operadog's vacation and her hair will improve. he he he

Have a happy day!
Old 07-23-2003, 07:49 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning ~~~~ flying out the door shortly.

I managed to stay OP yesterday although the crockpot ham put on two pounds of water weight! Today is not planned yet but will be as I may have to be at the Fair Hall registering homecraft entries from 4 to 8. I will definitely have a "from home" dinner with me if I get stuck doing that. I have noticed that my thinking gets confused when I don't eat on schedule - low BGL, I guess. I sure wouldn't want to get the knitting and crocheting entries registered wrong.

Pilates, eh? I must check that out. I see the TV ads and it looks easy. I guess anything is easy if you weigh 110!

Ellis, stay away from that frassing cookie mix! If you are going to be silly, buy the Pillsbury cookie dough roll. The dry mix can get in your lungs and you'll cough to death. And it's too damned hot for me to go to Ottawa for your funeral!

Sflake, I find exactly the same thing when I have a carby breakfast. Eggs will hold me until lunchtime and beyond! Harry had a muffin yesterday morning and was starving by 10:30!

Catch you later!

~~~~~ running down The Beach kicking sand in faces ~~~~~
Old 07-23-2003, 08:31 AM   #5  
cranky & determined

Ruthie, Ellis & Sflake1

LOL - I wish I had curly hair - it's fine and has a slight wave - when it's humid it tends to get limp and if I put 'product' on it it grows out but does not tend to look good.

The Pilates class was great - I'm definetely getting better It's not aerobic, but it is intense - it's Yoga based and is extremely good for you - at any age and just about any physical condition. The man who invented it, Joseph Pilates, had some kind of injury from WW 1 and worked out this system to keep himself in amazing shape for a very long time (he lived to a 'ripe' old age).

Cookie mix, eh? Well, I felt pressured with these relatives coming and ate extra evil ricotta desserts... in fact, I went through an entire container The scale notic ed,, believe me - but I figure some of that added weight is from all the humidity in the air (hmmm, rationalization, perhaps?). At any rate, I've put the other ricotta container in the back of the fridge and will use it for a birthday cheesecake I'm making for a pal whose 40th bday happens while I'm away. I have a great LC recipe, using pecans for the crust and Splenda for the sweetener.
I think I won't tell him it's not full octane cheesecake - think he'll notice?

OK, time to vaccuum and do a quick pick up around the apt. I should really pay more attention to flylady and her tips!

Last edited by operadog; 07-23-2003 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:40 AM   #6  

Smile Day 3 for me!!!

Good morning everyone!!

It's the beginning of Day 3 for me and so far so good

I know what you mean about the "bad hair" days..this humidity is killing me....from pretty curls to frizzy!!!

Anyway...I think I'm liking this SBD. I've done great the first 2 days and I've even been to the gym!! Now if I can only get some cardio in...(I do weights only since I go to the gym during lunch)
I know that I need to do some walking to really see a difference.

Can't wait to weigh myself..I think I'll wait til Friday!!

Have a great day Chicks!!

Diana
Old 07-23-2003, 08:44 AM   #7  
karen3000

Default Good Morning Babes!

(that felt strange to type!!!)

I'm at work so this will be short. Just wondering if anyone thought there would be merit in a new thread where we could list foods/products that were "legal" or tasty or easy to use, etc. I know the SugarBusters forum does that kind of thing and it would be easy to refer newbies to that thread for reference. It would be similar to the recipe thread but just other tidbits or helpful hints, maybe the cheese crisp idea for example.

It's a thought....

Have a great day everyone!

Karen

Old 07-23-2003, 09:58 AM   #8  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good Morning Beach Babes

Welcome to Mel (and any other newbies if i missed you)

Sorry to be AWOL yesterday. My DS27 , who lives in S. Carolina, stopped by to visit me on his way to the airport in Atlanta. He is going to Columbia for a week with his church. Last year when he went to Brazil, I fussed at him for NOT bringing me any Brazillian coffeebeans (and he even stayed with the owner of the 2nd largest coffeebean grower there). So, he comes over yesterday and gave me a package of Starbucks Columbian coffeebeans and says "this is case I forget to bring you back some Columbian coffeebeans this time". (kids~ )

Then I spent the rest of the afternoon painting downstairs (which I will also be doing as soon as I get off the computer).

I feel like TOM is near (starting to bloat, etc) so I think that I'll start a P1 phase for the next few days to see if this will help get rid of that extra water weight that I usually gain during this time. My doc also recommended taking vitamin B6~ I'll give that a try, also.

Karen~~~I like the idea of a thread with helpful tips and ideas.

Diana~~Way to go, gal. You're doing great

Have a great day at the beach, chicks

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 07-23-2003 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:07 AM   #9  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Good Morning!!!

Sil-Good Idea to start phase 1 up as you start TOM. I have been eating like crazy, and maybe could have avoided that if I'd tightened up before that. Funny story about your son!!

Ellis-Me too!! Only cookies....

Anna & Di-I have limp hair with a bit of a curl. The ONLY time it looks good is when it IS humid!!! Then it curls up nicely and looks beautiful!!

We have to get back on track ladies!! too many of us slipping. (No pointing fingers here, I have been VERY bad myself!!!)
Old 07-23-2003, 11:19 AM   #10  

good morning beach babes. Didn't have such a good day yesterday...but I am back on track with a vengence today. I am such a dipwad....I get discouraged because I haven't lost enough weight and so I eat more....isn't that stupid? What a dipwad. Would someone please kick me in my fat ***?
Old 07-23-2003, 11:29 AM   #11  
karen3000

Whimsey - wrong attitude! OK, maybe you ate more than you wanted to/should have yesterday. But that was yesterday and today you have another opportunity to figure out what you would do differently and then do it. It's the choices we make that spell success or failure or something in between. So, let's all (me especially) make good choices today - one day at a time!

There, I'm off my and hope I can live by those words today!

Karen

Old 07-23-2003, 11:56 AM   #12  
In Control: E+R=O

Default Give me strength!

This will be a quick post, since I'm at work and shouldn't be here (I'll check in more later tonight after I get home).

I'm hoping by posting this message I'll find the strength to make it through this day!!

I have a big basket of chocolate candy sitting on my desk, right under my nose, and I have to leave it there all day. I need strength to stay out of it!! I have to keep telling myself that "one taste WILL hurt me". I'm only on Day5, and while my cravings are definitely less, I'm not at the point where I can turn away from my favorite food group (chocolate) without even thinking about it.

WHY do I have a big basket of chocolate on my desk, right under my nose?? I'm a supervisor in a hospital lab, and this week several of the large analyzers in my area have gone down. Right now I have one service person in the lab, another on his way, and we're waiting for a call back from another. The staff have been really stressed, and I don't blame them. So I bought a couple bags of candy for them today, as a pick-me-up (I know.....bad carbs.....but this is what they like best). Since we can't have food in the lab (biohazard area), and the break room is too far from the work area (plus staff from other areas would eat it all before my staff could get to it), and my office is the only "clean" space in our work area......that's where the candy needs to sit.

There, now by posting this, and telling you guys about it, maybe I'll be more inclined to stay out of the basket, since I'll have to come back and tell you tonight how I did (and I can't lie, that would only hurt me!)

Have a good day Beach Babes, and I'll be back tonight.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:11 PM   #13  

Default Good Afternoon Beach Babes

Just missed morning call, but I did get to the computer earlier today. DH is doing the AM dishes. He's a great guy!

Last night I made it till 1am for Dh by having a sf jello! Thankx for the advise.

I'm not having any trouble staying on OP, my problem is wanting to eat my next meal every 2 hrs. I'm never hungry.

Getting ready to workout on my Total Gym (weight machine), love it!!

Let's be good to ourselves!
Old 07-23-2003, 12:11 PM   #14  

You can do it 2dog!!! Hang in there.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:31 PM   #15  
In Control: E+R=O

Default I did it!

I really did it, I was able to resist the candy all day long, and did not taste even one Hershey's Hug! I was tempted, but was able to talk myself out of it. A couple of times I had to physically remove myself from the temptation and walk out of my office for a while, but I found out that I'm stronger than I thought I was! Too bad there's not a patting-myself-on-the-back smilie!
Closed Thread