South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 06:26 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday (feels like Monday) Beach Babbles - May 27

Good morning and welcome to the work week. Sounds like everyone had a good Memorial Day.

Yesterday seemed like a holiday to me too as I stayed home, picked asparagus and rhubarb and generally puttered around - semi-goofing off! (I did make a rum cake and froze it for next week's quilting biddy lunch.)

I am "on duty" for the Mill today but will just unlock the place and ensure the staff arrive. Then I just need to be around the village and reachable by phone if there is a problem. Maybe I'll get a bit closer to being caught up on deskwork.

I just may sneak out of the Village and drive to Forfar to pick up some plants for my front flower boxes. Last year they were just awful and I had to switch to fake geraniums. I may try NZ impatiens of begonias this year.

Hope your Tuesday is spectacular - and if you want rhubarb or asparagus, come on up!
Old 05-27-2014, 06:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I have plenty of my own rhubarb and asparagus, but can I come up, anyway, Ruth? Have fun selecting flowers for your planter boxes today!

I think our string of sunny weather is over, as they're calling for T-storms later today. Great, since that's when I'll be on the road shuffling the girls around to their music lessons, but it shouldn't be too bad. I drive by the orchard on my way home this evening, and I want to stop in to see if strawberries are ready yet. We usually go strawberry picking, but this year I'm going to let somebody do the picking for me since my allergies are acting up.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! It is a gorgeous day out, and the birds are chattering away.

I just have a looong day of work, but this is my last week at my old job! I hope it all goes by quickly. I do need to eat better, and made a mushroom parmesan breakfast cass for mornings, and the bean and feta salad for lunches. Tonight is taco salad! (it's the one meal no one complains about...)

Ruth, is the new staff still working out well?

Cottage, hope your afternoon driving is not too bad. Can you pick me up some strawberries too?
Old 05-27-2014, 06:58 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, early birds! I had a productive Memorial Day in spite of the rain; actually it was good weather to wash and wax my car. Boy, did it need it!!

Today looks to be stormy here. If not I may try to get a little time in the perennial beds this afternoon. My opinion is that they are never "done", you can always rearrange, sub-divide (wouldn't some of this look great over there?) and of course, weed.

Cottage, our strawberries come about the 3rd week of June and I can't wait. Local berries are SO much better than the ones shipped across the country.

Have a great day, chicks!
Old 05-27-2014, 07:00 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I'm on my way to work but I got a quick chuckle this morning Ruth! I was already thinking of just starting with fake geraniums this year.

Gotta run have a great day everyone!
Old 05-27-2014, 07:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning!!!

Tammy sounds like a fun weekend. Hope this week passes quickly for you. Do you have any time off before starting at your new job?

Ruth there is a house by me with fake flowers every time I pass it I get a little jealous. Her yard always looks pretty and weed free!!! I do have fake geraniums in my wishing well lol

Debbie have a great day at work

Linda I can't wait for strawberry season. Worth more in price to support our local farmers. We bailed on the garden this year, so I will be buying at our farm stands....ok Joe's farm stands, they are very scarce by me.

Going to Joe's today to switch out his wardrobe. He has been working on the property every free minute. Since his birthday is Friday I'll be nice and do it. Afterall he needs something to wear for his party. He still is clueless. I did lie and told him I am working Thursday. Technically I am working with his daughter, mom and sister baking.

Truthfully I cannot wait for the party to be over. It is the last big thing until DS graduates and I take the Lieutenant's test at the end of the month. I really need to study!!!

I probably should cover my grill as it looks like rain. However after yesterday's fiasco I may leave it alone. Apparently you can play angry bees in real life if you knock down their hive. Nothing like lighting the grill and trying to kill yellow jackets with spray just to enjoy a nice piece of filet mignon lol

Have a terrific day!!
Old 05-27-2014, 08:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I was lazy yesterday. I wanted to hike but the trails were closed due to recent rains. So I started the book Wild and spent hours reading.

Today is busy for me coming and going. I start the day with my usual Monday morning workout. Then need to return some apples to Costco that are quite soft. This afternoon I pick up a loaf of GF bread that I pre-ordered from the GF bakery to try. And I am going for a consultation with a pain center that was running a special. This evening we drive DS to the airport.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:14 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

My parents are in town, fed, and settled into their B&B (at least I think they made it back there!). Now to wait for Tim to get home from work. Apparently they had a violent patient and he hurt his back & neck but is still working, information from a text from him, no time to call yet. Not going to worry too much, I guess.

Ruth - I want asparagus and rhubarb but it is a long drive I want to plant asparagus, any advice?

I'm going to go bake banana blondies and try not to worry. Hope we have good weather tomorrow. My parents have been looking forward to this visit and a bonfire in the yard.
Closed Thread