Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 05:04 PM   #1  
Inchworm

Angry 50 or more week of July 21-27

If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!
Old 07-21-2003, 05:31 PM   #2  
Vampiric Loving Dieter

Hi there! This is my first post on this board I currently weigh 214 (down from 240) and desire to get down to 150. I've been struggling for a loong time with my weight. I've even dealt with bulimia in my high school years (am currently 26), although I still have relapses every now and then.
I'm not really sure how this is supposed to work, so if someone could help me out I would very much appreciate it.
~Maharet
Old 07-21-2003, 05:37 PM   #3  
Vampiric Loving Dieter

D"oh, disregard my post, I didn't notice this was a weight watchers forum, I'm not following weight watchers.
Old 07-21-2003, 05:53 PM   #4  
Inchworm

Exclamation DON'TLEAVE!

Maharet, I'm sure that you will find encouragement here.
It's been pretty quiet for a little while, but our *super* encouragers will be back soon.
My own thought, is that every day is a new day and a fresh start....a chance to begin again.
I've been struggling a long time too. Sounds like you have had a really hard time.
Check back often and let us know how you are doing.
I'm currently disappointed with myself because we are getting ready for vacation and I feel very fat!!! I don't understand why it should be more important to me to look good for those that I see once a year or never, than for myself.
I know that I need to choose a program and STICK WITH IT!
I choose WW because it really is simple with the point system, and it does work, if I "work the program"!
Since my dh was recently told he is pre-diabetic, he is set on his losing weight, which will help me, I'm sure. I'm sure that he is going to 'drag me' on many long walks over the next 2 weeks!

Where is everybody!?!?! I am busy getting things wrapped up to be ready for departure on Wed....where DOES the time go!?!?

I got my 5 minute call from dgd to get her address, she sounds fine, she says "It's not so bad"

more later...
Old 07-22-2003, 11:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Haven't been doing so great with WW lately. For the last 2 weeks did OK during the week then blew it on the weekend.
And it caught up with me this week. I almost skipped my meeting since I knew I would be up, but decided to go for the motivation I needed. I was up 2.6# this week but enjoyed the meeting anyway. Had a good supper after the meeting last night and packed my breakfast & lunch to take to work. Also started my day with my walking tape which I was doing so great with but didn't do it for about 3 weeks. So my goal is to get through this weekend and be good like through the week.

Maharet - welcome & join us. Good board with lots of friendly motivating people. What programme are you following??

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 07-22-2003, 01:52 PM   #6  
Inchworm

Good mornig all!

WTG bandit! off to another good day!
One good thing about our 'camping vacation' is that I have to plan ahead for a lot of the meals. Banking for the days we will be at Pismo for the delish clam chowder. It's always about food!

I just got back from the dentist, finally got the crowns on my dental implants. Feels strange to have those 2 teeth there, after them being gone for several months. (or has it been a yr?)

Must get the dog packed up and off to the kennel, then come and finish packing for me and watering the house plants...etc.

Y'all have a good day! (practicing my texas talk)
Old 07-23-2003, 09:32 AM   #7  

Hi everyone:

Stayed completely OP yesterday. Did my walking tape again this morning. Made WW banana muffins last night & they are really good. Brought 1 to work for breakfast and only 1.5 points each & they are large :-)

Joyce - have fun on your trip & what kinds of food are you taking??

Bye for now.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:52 AM   #8  
Inchworm

Thanks bandit We are just about ready to take off.
I won't shop for food til Saturday. We'll be with my son til then, and he is a great healthy cook. I will work on some menus between then and now.
Gonna be a hot one! I just saw the temp in Boise,(our first destination) is expected to be 109 today! Maybe we just need lots of salads!
I'lll check in when I can.

til then...
Old 07-23-2003, 01:54 PM   #9  

Bandit, good job on being OP yesterday, that is great. And WTG with the walking tape -- keep it up! I'm sorry about your gain at your last WI, good for you for staying for the motivataion at the meeting. I know how hard it is to take a weight gain, it really is discouraging.

JOYce, I hope you'll be able to check in often, hope you and dh have a great vacation!
Old 07-23-2003, 05:44 PM   #10  

Whoopie! I had several lunches and dinners out last week, and one dinner party--I went way over on a couple of days, but the other days I stayed OP, and I lost 1.4 today at WI!
Old 07-24-2003, 09:37 AM   #11  

Nice job, Linda
Old 07-24-2003, 12:32 PM   #12  

Thanks, Bandit2, how is the walking going? Where is it that you walk, outside? Have a good day.
Old 07-24-2003, 03:51 PM   #13  

Hi Linda:

Did my walk 3 a.m. in a row. It is a walking tape that equals 2 miles of walking if you do the whole tape. Mostly walking & moving in place in front of TV. If I do it as part of a.m. routine it is easier to get it done. If I wait until evening I make too many excuses (too tired/busy, etc). It is called "Walk Away the Pounds" (2 mile tape) and I really like it. Takes 1/2 hr to do 2 miles and the weather is always fine in the living room :-) and don't have to wait for someone to join me.

Need some new supper ideas - what are you having this week???
Old 07-24-2003, 04:39 PM   #14  

Hi, Bandit2, wow -- three mornings in a row. That is great. I know what you mean about just "doing" it in the a.m. -- nice that you are getting into the habit. You can't help but lose weight walking as much as you are -- I'm impressed. We've been having lots of salads in this heat, I put things like green leaf lettuce (so much more nutritious than iceberg), dried cranberries, chicken or beef, green onions, grape tomatoes, green peppers, chopped carrots and zucchini, things like that. I drizzle Kraft 1000 Island dressing atop, which turns out to be only 3 points' worth. It's a good, easy and cool meal. Other than that, we've been eating out of the freezer -- I have several containers of leftovers (meat for tacos, chili, cooked turkey and such) in both of the freezers, which is doing wonderful things for our monthly food budget!
Old 07-25-2003, 08:43 AM   #15  

Your salad sounds great, will try that soon. Also nice to have some things made in the freezer. When I made the ww lasagna & chicken casserole, I usually freeze a portion for lunch which comes in handy.

Hope everyone is having a great week OP.
Closed Thread