Old 05-22-2014, 01:52 PM   #1  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Default Doing it Again

I spent the last two years learning a completely useless language. Well, useless to me since I probably won't encounter a speaker of that language anywhere this side of the Sahara. But that's ok because the beautiful part about learning languages isn't just the new words you learn but the new ways in which you learn to think about the world. The translations don't always match up exactly and you learn new, flexible concepts for things you once thought were fixed. An example: the word for "again". Literally translated from my "useless" language it would mean something like "and another small thing". The idea of "again" always felt to daunting to me before, saddled with the weight of lost time and wasted efforts, things you once had, let slip away and have to struggle for a second time over. But that's not what I felt when stepping on the scale this morning for the first time in 2 1/2 years. I thought again...another small thing. A thing I know how to do, did very successfully before and can definitely do again.

I used to post to this board a lot in 2011 and the positivity here helped me get down to my lowest weight (137) and push myself to get in insane physical shape. After a few years living abroad, I'm back in the states and am so looking forward to getting back to my healthy ways, having a constant supply of fresh fruit and veg and never eating maize, in any form, ever again.

I just wanted to greet all of you (I think I recognize a few names from back in the day). Once again we're in this together 😊!!!
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:34 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Hi there! I am not a 20 something, but I wanted to say I really liked this post and the positivity of it. I have found myself at the place of another small thing, so it really jives with my whole way of looking at it right now! Best of luck on your small thing-it can be done.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170.6/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey tuende! I'm doing it again too. The last time I was on here was back in 2011 and I think I remember you! At least your name looks very familiar. I think I got down to around 137 as well and then lost it. I've really been back in the game since the end of February, but today is my first day back on 3FC. I've been stuck around 157 for the past month and really need some motivation. I'm so happy to see an old face!
tropica is offline   Reply With Quote