South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 06:52 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wonderful Wednesday - May 21

Yup! Hump Day has dawned nice and sunny! Jazz and I sat on the deck with my coffee this morning and listened to the bird chorus. He is extra cuddly this morning because he was alone most of yesterday.

I was at the Mill Office 9 to 5 yesterday supervising "staff" - we are now calling them that instead of "the kids" or "students". They are great bunch and are coming up with lots of ideas. I never realized it until yesterday but they are all a physically attractive group. They are also all smart and seem to be working together well. Fingers crossed that the season runs smoothly.

Today I have a darned meeting at 9:30 and then pet therapy this afternoon. I do want to buy some plants for my flowerboxes and will try to work that in on the trip back from pet therapy. We have a big weekend at the Mill and I need plants for those planters too. Rain is in the forecast for the next two days and I'd really like to get some planting done. I wonder if I can garden in the dark.

Meanwhile onward and upward but not the scale!

Have a humpless Hump Day!
Old 05-21-2014, 06:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - the first thing I thought of when you said an attactive group of students was, Hope they don't have a summer romance, then ruin the harmony of the group!

It is definately not sunny here. I'm supposed to work and have a staff meeting today (do I really have to go if I'm leaving next week?!), but we're low on surgeries....we'll see what comes up. I do need to go shopping for our camping trip and getting ready. Hopefully the rain will get over with so we can have a nice sunny weekend!

I'm going to have my beet salad for lunch...mmmmm.....
Old 05-21-2014, 07:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Hump Day has dawned cool and cloudy here, and it will probably be raining before too long. Jake wanted to get the lawn mowed today, so I wish him luck!

I should have a fairly easy day today and will get home early. Taco salad is on the menu for tonight with fresh lettuce and scallions from my garden!
Old 05-21-2014, 07:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Sunny hump day here, but not for long, rain coming later too.

The house is clean, except the upstairs bathroom, and is mean clean. I still need to iron the kitchen curtains. Amazingly they are the only ones that require ironing. I need to find an outfit to wear tomorrow night too.

Tomorrow will be on the run all day. Review class in NYC at 9:30. Pick up mom at Laguardia at 12:15, which I will be late due to class. Drive home leave at 4:30 to go to Patchogue, Suffolk County Long Island, for her reunion. Hope I can stay awake that long.

Friday we are having lunch with my half brother, mom hasn't seen him since he was a teenager. First though I have an MRI. X-Ray was clean, I know I didn't break anything. Doc believes I may have torn my meniscus. Did it years ago on my other knee so I am not concerned. He did give me the green light to keep riding. Like I have time for that today lol. Lots of last minute things to do.

Maybe I'll save my ride for an evening treat, rather than watch tv and snack

Tammy I don't think you should have to go the meeting.

Ruth I laughed at Tammy's response because I thought the same thing

Linda hope your day is easy and enjoyable
Old 05-21-2014, 07:42 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I guess I'll watch for hanky-panky although I barely remember it. They always work in teams of three but who knows!
Old 05-21-2014, 08:51 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth sounds like you have a busy day today hope you can fit everything i

Cottage enjoy your shorter day

Tywnn I don't think you should have to go to the meeting either

Jekel sounds like you too have quite the day lined up tomorrow.

Today is my DH birthday, I took the train into work but he will pick me up from work and then we are meeting friends of his for dinner and a baseball game tonight. I was hoping to do work from home tomorrow but cannot due to a surprise luncheon that is being thrown for my staff. I think they will like their surprise (I didn't even let the supervisors in on it, just scheduled a lunch meeting for everyone).

It is supposed to get up to 90 degrees today so I pulled out my new ortho sandals, they are pretty but should be for the price I paid :P

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 05-21-2014, 11:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Yesterday was my birthday and what I really wanted to do was try hiking again for the first time in months. So DH and I went for just over 3 miles; our routine hike had been just over 5. My leg and hip bothered me the whole time but no more so than if I was just walking around the house. So... I'm thinking I'm back in business I ate crazy crap all day; I think DH enjoyed it even more than I did!

I'm working this afternoon.

Have a great day.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

A BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAREN!
Old 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN!!!

You sneaky one!!
Old 05-21-2014, 05:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Happy hiking and birthday Karen!!!!
Old 05-21-2014, 07:32 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

to Karen!

to all the chicks this evening.

Had a busy day but am feeling a sense of accomplishment since I planted a bunch of veggies after work today. Tomatoes, B Sprouts and Broccoli so far; my little garden is probably 1/3 full. I think I will do the hill of pumpkins out in the field somewhere; they take up so much room.

We had t-storms in the forecast but they have missed us so far.

Hope everyone had a great day!! I am really looking forward to the long weekend and the chance to do more planting.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:07 PM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Happy Birthday Karen!
Closed Thread