Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 08:53 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday, July 21

Good Morning All !!

Weekend was wonderful, but to short as always.

How was yours?

Leenie
Old 07-21-2003, 09:39 AM   #2  

Saturday, I spent a good part of the day with my legs propped up on a pillow on the TV tray, byt the computer. Don't laugh! My legs look like balloons! All week, we'd been going places and I didn't want to take a diuretic before getting into the truck. Also, I haven't watched my sodium intake, so I paid the price.
I read my South Beach diet book and it makes a lot of sense, particularly about insulin resistance. I told my DD to get the book as she is insulin resistant, has PCOS and is hypothryoid.

Sunday, we went to church as our interim pastor was here! Everyone was smiling as the ordeal of the past pastor is over...mostly. He and his family are literally squatting in the parsonage. They refused to leave until we told them that their last paycheck was being held back and the utilities were going to be turned off. The moving van will be here on Wednesday. Am thinking of hiring a band and having a party!

Well, am off to catch up on EVERYTHING as I left the house slide last week.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Tip, you are too funny!! uhmmmmm like how high is that tv tray? Seems like that would be kind of high up in the air to have your feet propped up! lol my mother has a LOT of trouble with her feet swelling, but I think it is mainly from some heart problems and smoking?

Leenie, I was actually ready to get back to work today - I figure it has to be quiet here today then it has been at my house this weekend! ;-)

My youngest son finished up his driving sessions yesterday so he has now completed Driver's Ed and we can go this afternoon to the DMV and get his permit. Here in Louisiana you can get your license at 16 if you get your permit at 15, but I think he will be driving with a permit for a looooooooong time, as it doesn't cost us anything on insurance as long as it is just a permit. Once they get a driver's license the insurance goes up about $100 a month, and we are already paying plenty in car insurance for me and hubby and older son.

I got a lot of exercise this weekend, so I didn't force myself to get up this morning. My ankles and knees seem to be a little sore. I think all this extra weight is taking a toll of my poor little bones and muscles. wah

So's whats the gang up to today?

hope all is well,
Cathy
Old 07-21-2003, 10:25 AM   #4  

Talking Good morning everyone!

Well I've popped in and out over the past few days but been busy. I go back to work today after quite a few days off....had lots of fun with the kids....got very little down otherwise but that is ok.

It is great to see all the posts!

I have to drop off dd11 at babysitting course will pop back later.

Walked for hours and hours yesterday at K-Days...but consummed some calories that took care of that!

Bye for now!

Eliz
Old 07-21-2003, 12:35 PM   #5  

Good morning fellow chicks

Just checking in....have to go on the deck for my 2nd cup of coffee....DH & I went to coffee earlier with friends at the mall.....mall walkers....DH had the last cup of coffee at home before we left....so I told him....we have to go through the drive through at Tim Horton's.....to get my 2nd cup of coffee...I got 1/2 French Vanilla & 1/2 regular coffee.....it is good.

See you later.

April
Old 07-21-2003, 01:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Hi,

I am new here, (have lurked a bit though), so I hope that it is okay to jump in.
I am Jenni; married, homeschoolin'...SAHM to 3, (girl age 4yr, girl age 2 and a half yr. and baby boy born at home in our bathroom in January...age 6 months/crawlin' climbin' machine..................... ((already!!)) ) .

Tryin' to get healthy and get fit body again...breastfeeding is helping to burn extra calories along with a diet overhaul and some additional exercise, (Pilates for Dummies dvd and also treadmill 3x a week and light handweigts on off days 2x).

I think that I belong on this forum..though I am not depressed like I was back in the day..I still struggle with it day to day in other ways. It does affect my health...all the emotional overeating/binges, etc...hoping that I can work those out of my system.

You gals seem like a nice, supportive bunch; I hope that ya don't mind if I bring my water bottle and join ya'll!!

Sincerely,
Jenni a.ka. Snoopysgirl
5 foot 9ish
220ish/185/150..(maybe more; we will see when we get there)
Old 07-21-2003, 03:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Jenni,

So nice to meet you and so glad to have you join us! You are my kind of gal, love it when people hit the floor running and just jump right in!

So your 3rd baby was born in your bathroom huh! You will have to tell us about that - sounds like a real adventure - wow!

I look forward to getting to know you!

take care,
Cathy
Old 07-21-2003, 03:40 PM   #8  

Hi again

I am on my way out the door to Costco....I had a good weekend with being OP....I did go to FitDay....they tell you if you are getting the nutrients that you need & the calories.

Welcome Jenni....there a lot of nice ladies who come here.

I walked on the tredmill this morning....have a hard time with exercise.....getting myself to do it.

Have a great day.

April
Old 07-21-2003, 05:12 PM   #9  
Divine Gal

Hi Today has been a very slow day.I haven't been feeling to well.I got up asked the hubby to go to the store for somethings; he just now left.Oh well..Other then that I have been keeping up on things and trying to stay busy.The weekend went way to fast; I want it to come back.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

LOL...I would feel so weird posting my unassisted birth story on the weight loss board..though I think that it did empower me to find strength and I am drawing on that to persevere through this weight loss. If anyone wants to hear about my UC they can email me privately so that I don't offend anyone here on the board.

I hope that we can motivate each other to keep on keepin on losin' those pounds...
Old 07-22-2003, 12:21 AM   #11  

Talking snoopy's girll

.....we are pretty tough to offend....I would love to hear your story! Glad to meet some new folks here!

Eliz
Closed Thread