Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 01:06 PM   #1  

Question Day off and eating?

Hi to all! I'm a long-time lurker but new poster.

I'm a runner (run 6 days a week, with aerobic x-training (usually walking, as I have no access to a gym, pool, or bike, and am pretty low on cash) on the 7th day). I also try to do some strength training 1-3 times a week.

Question: I'm thinking of taking one day a week off from aerobic exercise completely, but I'm not sure whether and how to adjust my eating that day? Should I eat the same amount as usual, or less? I'm not trying to lose weight, just maintain on a small five foot frame. But my hunger signals aren't always reliable, so I'm afraid to just go by them.

Do you take a day (or more) off? And if so, how do you change your eating? Any advice? Thanks

Kate
Old 07-28-2003, 03:21 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi Kate! I'm sorry no one has been able to answer you yet. It's a good question!

Just a guess here, but I would suggest eating the same amount, since it's just one day a week. Possibly skip a snack, if you are not hungry. Do you eat several mini-meals each day?

That's quite an impressive workout!
Closed Thread