South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-26-2014, 10:00 PM   #1  

Question SBD not working this time - any ideas??

Hi,

The first time I did phase 1 4 years ago I was successful. Eventually I went off course a little too much and gained 10 lbs. I'm ending my Phase 1 two weeks and have only lost 4 lbs this time. The last few days the scale has been at the same exact place.

I'm eating similar to how I did before. I'm not a big veggie eater so Phase 1 is always a little more challenging because of that. However, I'm keeping track of my meals in my Fitness Pal. Carbs are 15% or less each day so I'm not overdoing them - and those are from beans, and sweet treats (sugar free hard candies etc). I'm eating 1200 calories per day or less, usually just about 1200. I know SBD isn't based on calories but my Tracker keeps up with those too.

Today was breakfast of one faux-pancake (egg, flaxmeal, ricotta, cinnamon), lunch of a P3 Protein Pack (those are great when you are working) turkey, low fat cheese and peanuts. Snack of 2 pieces of turkey pastrami (really thin), laughing cow wedge and chickpea salad with tomato, celery, cucumber and balsamic vinegar.

Haven't decided on dinner yet ... but it will be SBD Phase 1 friendly.

If anyone has ideas I would appreciate them. I'm thinking of trying to do an extra week on Phase 1 and see if my body is just being stubborn.

Thanks
mexigrl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:55 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

I don't know how much you have to lose, but if it's not that much, then 4 lbs is a large amount. I did sbd two times before and I'm not sure I even lost that much on phase 1! I mostly did the diet because of the hunger control, but I also had a lot more to lose. If you listed your height and weight(or maybe just how many pounds you would like to lose if you don't want to say), it might be more helpful to figure out where you need to be. If it were me, I would be happy with the 4 lbs and just keep going. Remember, weight loss is not linear-it varies from day to day and week to week. If you plotted your exact weight every day, it would go up and down a little. The overall trend down is what matters. So four pounds is a success, even if it doesn't seem really huge. If you saw a model of four pounds of fat, it might change your mind. It's a lot bigger than you think! Just keep going and I am sure you will succeed. Just make sure that whatever diet you do, you can stick with it long term.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Four pounds is pretty outstanding (for any diet, much less the second round of SBD). We lose a ton the first time around because more than likely, your diet before was massively carb packed and probably a lot of bad sugar foods.

For me, whenever I do phase I again, I don't lose much...but my diet wasn't too bad to begin, just not strictly SBD.

I think you did awesome! Hopefully going on phase I got cravings under control, and you'll be eating healthier in general while slowly losing the weight (avg of 1 lb a week)
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

I agree with the other chicks. From my own experience, the first time I lost the most, but even then it was only 5 pounds. Now when I go on PH1 it is about cutting out the cravings or overeating if I have been getting off track.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:34 PM   #5  

Thank you for the positive responses. It is interesting to hear that I'm not the only one who is losing less weight on Phase 1 than I did last time.

Has anyone ever stayed on PH1 for an extra week to see if they could get those stubborn few pound off?

I'm 5'4" and currently weigh 139. My goal is 130. I'm small boned, 49 years old, and have high cholesterol and blood pressure so I really need to keep my weight and diet in check.

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2014, 09:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

HA! You're stats are *almost* the same as mine. I have to be really, really strict and be very good about exercise to stay at 130. Sometimes I actually become at peace with myself to not be perfect, but to be pretty darned healthy in general. Honestly, as long as your doing your best to eat healthy *most* of the time, and to exercise as well as you can, then I'd be okay staying close to the range you're at. Those darned pounds don't come off nearly as easily as they used to!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:50 PM   #7  

It's time to move to Phase 2 and I'm not rushing . I did end up losing 5 lbs in Ph 1 so hopefully I will continue to lose. Honestly this is the hardest part to me! I'm using My Fitness Pal to log everything I eat and staying at 1200 per day. It drives me crazy though because when you finish logging for the day it tells you how much you should weigh in five weeks if you keep it up. That doesn't seem to be correct. Nice thought, however I realize in real life it's not exact . It does help keep me aware.