Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-26-2014, 04:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Default The REUNION thread - Everyone welcome!

I was going to post about my own mini-goal of getting ready for my 10 year high school reunion, but then I thought, hey, summer is coming up! It's reunion SEASON!

So, whether its a school reunion or a family reunion or something else all together, I thought I'd make a thread to support each other and share our progress as we move forward toward a big day!
underanalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:11 PM   #2  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

Is "reuniting" with the class after summer break good enough to join the thread?

Would love to be more comfortable with myself, and being more comfortable being around people by then, so I maybe can avoid another semester of being the shy, big girl who thinks everyone is talking behind her back and can't really connect with many people due to this...I'm too old for this stuff
Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:22 PM   #3  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

I've got a 30 yr high school reunion in October. You bet it's weighing on my mind (and scale).
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:19 PM   #4  

Em, I think that totally counts! Who doesn't want to have a dramatic return after a summer break??

ICU, WOW! Thirty years! That's amazing. It'll be great if you can show up to something like that looking fit. Were you thin in high school?

For me, I was a bit on the chubby side in high school, and also a big nerd who didn't dress in a very flattering way. I'd love to walk into my reunion looking fit in a sexy dress
Old 04-27-2014, 03:31 PM   #5  
Recovering Pantry Pest

under - I always *felt* fat as a kid because I grew up with girlfriends who were razor-thin. I was a total nerd, too, and generally refused to get involved in whatever the latest styles were (still do!). High school was just a goofy awkward thing - I wasn't good at small talk and probably wasn't all that much fun to be around (President of the Dungeons and Dragons club - do I need to say more?). I didn't really have a weight problem til my mid 30's, when I was still eating like a swimmer and ... not swimming. My 20th reunion was actually a pretty good time - and that was at my highest weight.

Some of this should work itself out over the summer; I'll be training for a swim meet in Montreal in August, so I'll have to eat like an athlete and reinstate some good habits. I'd love to hold on to that level of conditioning for October - I'll need to find something sleeveless!
Old 04-28-2014, 10:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

My fifty-fifth is next year. I missed the fiftieth because I was too fat. If I don't get back on the wagon now, I will miss the fifty-fifth, too.

I was probably the skinniest kid in my class and now I am 90lbs heavier. Depressing.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #7  

So what is everyone's deadline for their reunions?

Mine is coming up June 7! So I now have just a little over a month. Considering how long I've been sitting at 147.0, I'm not expecting any huge results, but I'd like to see myself under 145. That would put me about 15lbs under my heaviest weight in high school.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:59 AM   #8  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Mine's out in October somewhere, so I've got some time. I should be able to get to 150 fairly quickly - 4-6 weeks, but after that it will be a real slog. Fortunately, summer makes it easier to be active. On the downside, it also makes beer even more attractive!
Old 05-01-2014, 01:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

Hi, everyone. I have a family reunion on July 18. Hoping to get down 10-15 which would put me at goal. Didn't lose any in April so I'm going to up my cardio.
hiddenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:26 PM   #10  

Welcome, hiddenstar!

And ICU, that's great thinking ahead. Losing the last bit is definitely the worst... I swear its harder to lose 20 lbs than it is to lose 50 sometimes :/
Old 05-03-2014, 03:20 PM   #11  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Coconut View Post
Is "reuniting" with the class after summer break good enough to join the thread?

Would love to be more comfortable with myself, and being more comfortable being around people by then, so I maybe can avoid another semester of being the shy, big girl who thinks everyone is talking behind her back and can't really connect with many people due to this...I'm too old for this stuff

I'm with you on this one. No class reunion but I'll go back to class in August and by then I'll probably be on my weight goal, which will shock more than one of my classmates. I have no hurry... I want this summer to go by as slowly as possible, but I can't wait to see my classmates' reactions when they see me.

Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote