Old 04-25-2014, 09:38 PM   #1  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Height: 5'4"

Talking Starting May 1 and New

This place is amazing. Been looking around and appreciate the info. First time going on IP so I am trying to learn all I can for preparation on my new journey. I cannot wait to learn new recipe ideas and tips.

Having serious health issues my cardiologist has recommended this plan.

My consultation is May 1st and first day on plan May 2nd

I feel really motivated but yet so scared that it will be too difficult.

Thanks for the support!

Joanne
jo4applerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:59 PM   #2  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Welcome and congrats on making a decision to improve your health!

I was worried that I couldn't do IP but, guess what? I could! Once I got going and got used to eating this way it was really simple. Hard sometimes but totally worth it to stay 100% on plan.

Glad you found us, this is the most supportive group of people you could hope for - I couldn't have done it without everyone here.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:35 PM   #3  

Height: 5 '6

Yes Welcome... great bunch here on 3FC's!! I found the first few days a little hard but once I got in the groove of things and planned well ahead for special events, busy days and restaurants... it was all good!

When I first started some of the best advice I read on here was:

-keep packets EVERYWHERE... that means in your purse, car, hubby's car, desk at work.. well... you get the picture! this has saved me more than once!

-If you are going out, look up the menu online before you go and decide what you will order. Some people even call the restaurant ahead to see if they will accomodate their special requests... I usually just ordered a steak cooked with no oils and asked them to smother it in mushrooms only... nothing else.

-when I was hungry or craving, dill pickles saved me over and over... I even go to a certain grocery store that carries the biggest pickles I can find!!

Most importantly... make sure to come here for encouragement and advice.. I learned so many things just reading all the threads.. K enough said.. I wish you all the best on your new journey!!
Hiker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:12 PM   #4  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo4applerose View Post
This place is amazing. Been looking around and appreciate the info. First time going on IP so I am trying to learn all I can for preparation on my new journey. I cannot wait to learn new recipe ideas and tips.

Having serious health issues my cardiologist has recommended this plan.

My consultation is May 1st and first day on plan May 2nd

I feel really motivated but yet so scared that it will be too difficult.

Thanks for the support!

Joanne
Welcome!

I will be honest... for the first few days, I wasn't sure if I would be able to stick with this program, but as the days went by and the weight came off, I realized that it is actually one of the easiest plans to follow because there is really no thinking involved It's all spelled out for you... what foods to eat as well as the portions of each food, so if you follow the IP rules, it WILL work for you!

This forum is great for support & motivation, so don't be afraid to share your thoughts and ask questions

Good luck on your IP journey!
karkrazy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:42 PM   #5  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Talking

Thank you, Ruth, Hiker and KarKrazy, I appreciate the kind welcome and great tips. I cannot wait to get going. I love that the IP program is all or nothing....no room for cheating and just what I need. Looking forward to making some new friends and finding others who will take the program to heart.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:09 PM   #6  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Wink

I tried calling my IP clinic today to see if they had any cancellations. Can hardly wait for my consultation on Thursday.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:05 AM   #7  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Today is the big day....my first day on IP. Had an amazing consultation with my coach yesterday. I feel better already!
Old 05-02-2014, 10:34 AM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome..I have only been on the plan for 2 weeks and have lost 9lbs. I have found it extremely easy to follow. After the first 3 days I have had no hunger or cravings. And the wonderful people on this forum are a wealth of knowledge.
Good Luck to you on the road to great health. We got this!!!
NaeNae2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:52 PM   #9  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 View Post
Welcome..I have only been on the plan for 2 weeks and have lost 9lbs. I have found it extremely easy to follow. After the first 3 days I have had no hunger or cravings. And the wonderful people on this forum are a wealth of knowledge.
Good Luck to you on the road to great health. We got this!!!
Thank you NaeNae...9 pounds in two weeks that is amazing. Congratulations! My first day is almost finished and feeling quite well here. I am thnking the headache and low carb flu will kick in soon. Maybe I wll get lucky and all will be fine. I am so happy to be on this plan

Yep...we got this!!! Thanks again!

Joanne
Old 05-02-2014, 07:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Be sure to visit all of us by joining in the Daily Chat! It is a great place to post questions (don't be afraid to jump right in and start chatting - despite what you might think... We don't bite!) you will learn a lot from reading there and other threads and asking ANY question you might have.

Also if you plan to commit to being 100% On Plan, then visit the 100% thread as well.

Lots to read... Lots to learn, and most of all... You have LOTS TO LOSE by joining us!!!
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:16 PM   #11  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo4applerose View Post
Thank you NaeNae...9 pounds in two weeks that is amazing. Congratulations! My first day is almost finished and feeling quite well here. I am thnking the headache and low carb flu will kick in soon. Maybe I wll get lucky and all will be fine. I am so happy to be on this plan

Yep...we got this!!! Thanks again!

Joanne
I didn't have any of that so I am sending my luck your way.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote