Old 04-24-2014, 07:56 PM   #1  

Default super disappointed :(

i started IP diet on Apr 2.
Week 1 = 7 lbs week 2 = 0 week 3 = 1 lb (Today)

i am sticking to the diet. Haven't cheated even once.

It was really hard for me to get here and I am sure it was hard for many others like me.

I am planning to do this for 2 more weeks and then stop.
hope2781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:16 PM   #2  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I understand your frustration and I think part of it is the advertising.They used to say you'd lose 2-3 lbs a week but that changed last year or so and now it's an "average weight loss" that is counted. 8 lbs over 3 weeks is 2-3 pounds a week so you're actually not off target. Try not to be stressed or frustrated as that can actually affect your results. I'm glad you are sticking with it for a bit longer. I hope you see some results to help re-inspire you to keep going.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:17 PM   #3  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2781 View Post

It was really hard for me to get here and I am sure it was hard for many others like me.

I hope things get better for you... I know its discouraging when you aren't seeing the results you would like. Maybe something kicked you out of ketosis? I have eaten at restaurants thinking I'm OP and then find myself craving sugar so I know the meat I ate must have been marinated in something I shouldn't have. Maybe your retaining water for some reason???

Do you have a coach? Are they reading your food journal? Stick to it and I hope things will pick up for you!! We are all here to help if we can!
Hiker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:

Don't give up! Do you have a lot or a little weight to loose? If you have less your weight will be more stubborn to come off, from what I'm told. Also keep in mind issues that may be happening with your body. Double check everything you've been eating. There could be some hidden ingredient in a spice or sauce. Some people are sensitive to the Walden Farms products....you have a huge support system here...take advantage of it!!
wildirishrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:20 PM   #5  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Just another thought: I don't know any of your stats or anything, but some people start with more packets at first if they have more to lose as they actually need to be eating a bit more at first -- does your body hold on to the weight if it feels it's in 'starvation mode' or something? ... not sure about that... I'm just thinking out loud...
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:32 PM   #6  

Thanks for your kind words. All your posts brought tears to my eyes.
I have to lose 20 lbs. I am down by 8 lbs.

My coach looked at my journal and she can't figure out either. Since last week the weight loss was 0 lbs, she recommended a detox tea which I am drinking everyday and I was hoping to go down atleast 2-3 lbs.

I ate outside once in these 3 weeks. I usually eat 4whole eggs and 2 egg whites for dinner or chicken breast or chicken wings( I take the skin out).
My coach saw that I was sticking to the plan but she wanted me to continue what I am doing and eventually I will breakoff the plateau but I was too sad to believe that.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:33 PM   #7  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

If you could post what you ate today someone here might be able to pick up on any issues. Couldn't hurt!

And unfortunately sometimes our bodies will hold onto weight for whatever reason. I tended to go in spurts - 2 or 3 weeks of 1 or 2 pound losses and then 5 or 6 or more all at once. I've averaged 10 pounds a month (with two surgeries thrown in) - better results than I could have hoped for!

Like wildirishrose said, it depends too on how much you have to lose. The less you have to go the more stubborn the body can be it seems. Not fair, I know but just the way it is.

I know everyone wants it to go faster, but we didn't put the weight on in a short period of time and it takes time to get it off.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:42 PM   #8  
Optifast User

S/C/G: 265/see tracker/150

Height: 5'3.5

My Coworker is doing IP and lost over 70lbs since last summer/early fall. She looks amazing!
nibog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:47 PM   #9  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Thanks for your kind words. All your posts brought tears to my eyes.
I have to lose 20 lbs. I am down by 8 lbs.

My coach looked at my journal and she can't figure out either. Since last week the weight loss was 0 lbs, she recommended a detox tea which I am drinking everyday and I was hoping to go down atleast 2-3 lbs.

I ate outside once in these 3 weeks. I usually eat 4whole eggs and 2 egg whites for dinner or chicken breast or chicken wings( I take the skin out).
My coach saw that I was sticking to the plan but she wanted me to continue what I am doing and eventually I will breakoff the plateau but I was too sad to believe that.
You might try changing up your eggs and chicken for dinner with lean ground beef or a steak or turkey - something a little higher fat. Sometimes it helps to change things up some, keep your body guessing.

And with 12 pounds to go, you may be a little slower than someone who has a lot more to lose. The last pounds can be really stubborn.

Hang in there, it will come off!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 153/134/130

I too just had over 20 pounds to lose and would have been Thrilled to lose 7 in the first week....that is amazing!!! For me, my first weight in was -2.8, my second was -1.2 and my third was -.6 and fourth was 0. I totally get the frustration....I wanted to quit...I was feeling so hungry yet there wasn't a payoff so my coach suggested I eat 4 packets a day and since I have been doing that I have been lost close to 3 pounds each week. I think that my body just is more relaxed knowing that I can eat that extra packet...which most days I do but not always. Are you feeling hungry during the day...maybe eating another pack would help? Good luck to you...I hope you find something that works for you.
Proudmama2maet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:27 AM   #11  
48 hrs in Ideal Protein

S/C/G: 208/176/160

Height: 5'8"

Are you measuring yourself? (I am starting week 4 Saturday) I had pounds come off the first 2 weeks and I felt like I didn't lose anything this week: turns out I lost it in my measurements after my IP weekly assessment. ;-)

Sometimes I forget and just judge my effort by the scale..record measurements!
kbaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:17 PM   #12  

Thanks for the support everyone. Your words are what keeps me going. I am sorry I had to feed my 3 yr old and give her a bath etc so didn't login yest again.

Ruthann:
yesterday I had the following:
BF: Tomato Soup
Lunch: Peach and mango shake , lettuce,cucumbers
Snack:Garlic chips
Dinner: 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites, lettuce,cucumbers

When you wanted me to re-evaluate what I was eating, I found that the first week I ate nothing but eggs and lost 7 lbs but when I ate chicken the second and third weeks nothing much happened. Also I noticed that my husband has been marinating the chicken with Tandoori masala and there are carbs in the ingredients. Could this be a problem? I have never tried anything else other than eggs and chicken as I don't like meat much. May be I should try doing the eggs this whole week.

Proudmama2maet: I do feel hungry at times but not that I cannot tolerate it. I drink some tea or coffee and I am ok. May be I will discuss with my coach regarding this. How far along are you in reaching your goal?

kbaggy :
My coach measured me and the measurements were the same but today I noticed my pants are much loose than they were last week. Yest I was depressed to notice that so I am puzzled as to how I could not have lost inches.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:30 PM   #13  

Somehow my post was cut short. Many thanks to IP23,Hiker88,Wildirishrose and nibog for your kind words.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:13 PM   #14  
Started IP: 4/4/2014

S/C/G: 154/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0''

If your pants are loose, I think you must have been mis-measured! How tall are you? Is your body fat percentage going down each week?
Chrztina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:30 PM   #15  

Chrztina.. I am 5'5 and the weird thing that made me even more depressed was that my fat % went up by 0.4%. I told myself it had to be the chicken wings. I did take the skin out but may be some got through to my body