Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-24-2014, 02:51 PM   #1  

Default I just went against my diet

I just went against my diet and had a pretzel. One of the big soft ones. Smoothered in cheese. NOw I feel gross and disguisting. Why did I do that?
angie828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:59 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

You did it because you're human. Move on and try to ask yourself how you can avoid it in the future.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/150/115

Height: 5'4

Someone gave me a chocolate cupcake today. I considered throwing it away, but that made me too sad and I ate it . Don't worry about it. It's nly once
laciemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:49 PM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Manage your feelings. Forgive yourself. You won't have ruined anything if you can let those feelings go and get back on the program straight away.

And when you do get back on the program, work on your resolve and commitment to sticking strictly to your program. Remind yourself how badly you felt when you broke your diet. Use it to be stronger next time.

I find sticking to the plan very important and if i slipped i would struggle with the feelings like you do but if it happens, its important not to make too much of it. Let go and get back to the plan with more commitment.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

You did it because you were hungry and needed to eat food. That makes you neither gross nor disgusting. If you've been dieting it's only natural that you yearn for the foods that you're depriving yourself of. That's an unfortunate but inevitable part of diets, you must accept that. The key is not to feel bad about it, you haven't done anything wrong, one pretzel won't make you fat anymore than one salad will make you skinny.

There is nothing wrong with you, this is not a reflection of your lack of motivation or committment, it does not mean you are weak or gross.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote