South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-24-2014, 06:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 315/289/150

Height: 5'2"

Default New here too!

Hello! I'm new to the forum . My husband & I have been following the SBD for 3 weeks now. I've lost 11 lbs so far & he has lost 15. After the initial few days, I have found the plan fairly easy to follow. My weight hasn't changed over the past week but I am trying to stay positive & know the scale will budge soon!
Mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:34 AM   #2  
Optifast User

S/C/G: 265/see tracker/150

Height: 5'3.5

Welcome!!! It is great that you and hubby are working together - will make planning and meals MUCH easier!

I wish you both the best of luck! You can do it !!!!
nibog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:34 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!

Glad you have found us! This is a great group and the habit of checking in regularly has been really important for me. It's kept me focused when the going got tough. It's great that your DH is on the plan, too.

One thing I like to mention to a newcomer is of my personal experience with the scale. There are often times when the scale doesn't seem to budge but it's not the only measure of success. Even early this year I dropped an entire size without scale movement and my scale numbers actually dropped later. I think it's because we're replacing fat with healthier tissue which is a really great thing.

I look forward to getting to know you better!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Welcome. And lucky you for having your husband on board. It is very typical to have the scale stall, slow, or even seemingly go up after the initial whoosh. Keep up the good work.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:20 AM   #5  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 198/152/maintaining

Height: 5'7"

Welcome. My husband and I both did SB, reached goal and have been maintaining for over a year. It is so much easier when you're both on the same page eating-wise.
StephMar is offline   Reply With Quote