View Poll Results: You meet a genie and get a choice of 6 wishes...which do you choose?
A thin body 3 16.67%
Looking young forever 1 5.56%
A completely hot man in your life whom you LOVE and is dying to marry you and give you babies 4 22.22%
Everyone will always really like you 1 5.56%
Genius intelligence/Knowing what to do in every situation 2 11.11%
Perfect health until you die in your sleep on your 101st birthday 7 38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 08:37 AM   #1  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Talking We LOVE You, Friday!!!

Good morning. The thread has been so nice and busy, so I"m going to do another poll. I love stirring the pot and generating discussion, can you tell?

By the way, was it Emily or Brona who was looking for lasagna recipes? Well, whoever it is, I dug in the archives of the WW recipe thread and also the 3FC lowfat email recipe exchange, so there are a bunch of lasagna recipes on our yum yum thread now. Give us a review when you try them.

Ok, poll time...*evil grin*
Old 07-18-2003, 08:44 AM   #2  
Duchess Tiger Lily

I couldn't help myself. I watch my grandparents struggle with so many aches and pains and health issues that I just want to be perfectly healthy until I die in my sleep at a very old age. So Jayne...get off your fat @ss and get healthy, right? Why oh why can't I make that leap! Can't wait to see what all you girls choose...
Old 07-18-2003, 09:13 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning!!

I can't believe how busy the threads have been the last few days. I've been pretty busy at work, so I haven't been on to post, but I've been doing some lurking.

Things here are going OK. I had a McFlurry the other night that I'm still feeling guilty for and I think Aaron and I are going to Chinese Buffet tonight. Other than that, the rest of this week really has been pretty good. Hopefully next week will be better.

I'm kind of embarrassed to say what I voted for, but it was for everyone to always really like me. Nothing stresses me out more (not even my weight) than when I feel like people don't like me.

Hi Jayne!!

Now, I must get back to work... I'll try to stop in later.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:28 AM   #4  

Morning Jayne,

I chose the hot man who I love and wants to marry me. I figure if I had that, then I wouldn't need the thin body and to look young forever! And there's no way I want to live to 101! I take it that's what you picked.....it seems we may have some lurkers who like to vote too. Come out and play!

Well, I did pretty well yesterday considering I had that McDonalds breakfast.

Ok, question....I have this co-worker who sits in the cube next to me and NEVER covers his mouth and nose when he sneezes. I have another co-worker that sits in a computer lab with me who NEVER covers his mouth when he coughs, which is all the time. I am SO annoyed and grossed out by this. Is it totally rude to say something?
Old 07-18-2003, 09:29 AM   #5  

Hey Jess, we were posting at the same time.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:52 AM   #6  
Cockeyed Optimist

Well, I voted for genius intelligence/always knowing what to do. I hate having to make decisions - especially those in which there is no one best answer. And I hate even more when I can't understand something 'cuz I don't have the brains. I seriously thought about the hot man but the babies part pretty much scared me off him!

Good poll Jayne! But, DO NOT CALL YOURSELF A FAT @SS!!!!! You are so many more things than your weight! Alright, I'm done yelling at you. You know I only did it 'cuz I luv ya girl!

Jess - I'm glad you popped in. Work sure has been busy lately for you! Hope you get a breather soon.

Lexxy - The co-worker thing is gross. I can't think of a polite way in which you could say something. I'll work on it though.

Well, the scale was up 3.2lbs this morning. I was pretty disappointed - still am a little but I reviewed my journal for the last week and while I ate a little over and excercised less than normal, there is no way I gained 3.2lbs. Physically impossible. I'm chalking it up to TOM and water.

CB and I started talking about the logistics of him moving in. I can't believe how much work this is going to be! Lots of decisions on whose furniture to keep, how to get rid of the extra, etc.

Well, need to work.

BBL.

Laura
Old 07-18-2003, 10:10 AM   #7  

i voted for the thin body because 1. i already have ny adorable hubby 2. i am pretty smart...i think!?!? lol 3. i don't care if everyone likes me 4. i would love to be healthy forever but i would NOT like knowing when i was going to die (on my 101st bday) and 5. i would never have to diet again! what's better than that?

well i have done REAL good this week and i actually can't wait to weigh in tonight. i am getting over the flu i had and got a little exercise in last night while dinner cooked. i even passed up the chiken rice-a-roni i usually eat 3 helpings of. i think i can get used to this lifestyle change!
Old 07-18-2003, 10:22 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Ladiiiiiiiies
ITs FRIDAY WOOOHOOOO
I chose health and long life
I have a man
when it comes to decisiosn I go with my gutt
Jayne No putting yourself down woman! you are adorable and wonderful
Jess we like you YOU ROCK and you're cute
Lexxy 1 word purell
Old 07-18-2003, 10:24 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

amber sounds like you're kicking ARSE
I have to see if i can get an earlier PT appt
I kicked my own *** at the gym yesterday
the elliptical trainer not my friend
my legs were red and I was only on 5 min
but I did the stomach machine and crunched till the cows came home
Alright gtta get going into my day
Old 07-18-2003, 10:41 AM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Hi girls - WI today, must face damage from horrible 2 week vacatoin!! I am sure the past week of emotional eating plus TOM on the way will render me up a few pounds...but better to go and face it than brush it under teh carpet.

I voted for the man. I am smart, I think my health and weight are in my own hands and control (to some degree). I don't care if people don't like me...and I'll use sunscreen and take care of my skin the rest of my life so I think the only thing that I Have no control over is finding the man. lI might have found him alredy, but who knows. But really, I'd like all 6 - why can't we have all six

I have to run to ameeting but I'll post proper later...but WOW the boards have been HOPPING and I have a LOT to catch up on! I love reading the posts whenthey are so vibrant, but it's hard to remember who is up to what.

BBL!
Old 07-18-2003, 10:53 AM   #11  

I picked looking young forever-already have a guy, whether or not people like me isn't important, I will somewhat control my weight, and I don't want to know when exactly I am going to die! As for the poll yesterday, I put Harrison Ford, bit I think Sean Connery is also cute for an older man
WHo oh WHO picked Dubbya? Fess up, c'mon!!!

So I am seeing numbers on the scale that I have never seen before, but it hasn't stopped me from eating! In fact, I am now four weeks from my due date and eating a lot of sweets because I figure it will be ending soon and I will be back on the wagon with you guys You are all very motivating....I'll probably be back in time for a Halloween or thanksgiving challenge!

Made a healthy dinner last night though-pasta with cut up yellow campari tomoatoes and red on the vine tomatoes, fresh basil and frest mozzarella cut up-seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder and grated Romano cheese. It was really good-depending on how much/what type of mozzarella, could be pretty low in points.

BBL
Lori and Baby
Old 07-18-2003, 11:05 AM   #12  
You're a smoothie.

morning ladies!

i don't have much time to post because i need to jump in some clothes and head to my weigh in. i am a little nervous but know i've done pretty well the past week and a half so i need to look on the bright side of whatever the scale says.

i picked health but my first instinct was to pick the skinny body!

boy am i sore from yesterday's workout...but it feels GREAT!

be back soon!

Last edited by rasta2002; 07-18-2003 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-18-2003, 11:10 AM   #13  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hi Amber!!

Kierie - "Kicked my own a$$". LOL. I fell outta my chair on my own a$$ when I read that! Good job on the working out.

Belle - vote for all 6! If you're going to think big, might as well think really big.

Lori - Can I come to dinner at your house?

Anyone with plans for the weekend? I work tonight and tomorrow night. I'm tired of being tired. CB told me to quit my 2nd job as my 30th bday present. I almost want to take him up on it.
Old 07-18-2003, 11:28 AM   #14  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Good Friday Morning to all! I am so glad the wknd is hours away. DH and I are going to look at houses, not the inside but we are doing the drive by thing to see if the insides are worth seeing. I am looking forward to it. I plan to work a short day today which is exciting b/c dh will be home early too.

Eating wise all is well and TOM is well over so I think I will attempt to weigh this wknd.

Rina~ I am starting to count points on Monday! I left the book at home and we are housesitting so I will get it
Oh and what books did you get from the library? I am always up for a new read. I reserved "out of eden" by John Steinback at my library but it hasn't come in yet.

Jayne~ I am with you on the good health thing. I definitely want to be one of those grannies who can still play with the grandchildren

Laura~ Ignore the 3.2 if you ahve followed the plan! Good luck with discussions with CB.

Amber~ You are doing well if you can't wait to WI. Congratulations.

Kieri~ Good job on the crunches! Well I should get some work done.

BBIAB
Old 07-18-2003, 11:31 AM   #15  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hi belle, lori and emily! I was away from my desk for a while mid post!
Closed Thread