South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 06:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Wacky Weekend on the Beach 4/12-4/13

Good morning y'all! I wanted a different word to go with "weekend", and wacky is it. Not too wacky here, other than DH works today too, which is highly unusual for him...it's first day of fishing season! (he works for fish and boat commission)

I'm off to work, then have a list of niggles on the board that I need to work on. I'm also trying to spoil my neighbor after having an 11 cm tumor taken out of him (he's the one that fell off the roof and broke his back, and while running tests for his back, found the mass), so I'm smokin' some pig tomorrow.

It's supposed to be a gorgeous day here, so I *might* have to go play outside for a bit too .
Old 04-12-2014, 07:13 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Definitely DO go out and play, Tammy. I'm planning to rake some leaves off the walk flower-bed and maybe clear off the dog deck a bit - it's snow, ice, birdseed and doggy deposits but I'll be outside and we are going to have sun and 60º. However, the next three days are rain combined with temps up to 77º which means more flooding.

On a brighter note, the warmer temps will melt the snow in the culvert and Lake Sheridan may drain away. Right now the field behind the barn is underwater and I can at least see my raised bed. I could get to it via raft, I guess.

Not sure what the day will bring ( aside from clearing the poop-deck) but I intend to enjoy it and spend most of it outside - getting the house smell off me, as Dad used to say.

Right now ... another coffee.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:19 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, ladies! I've been busy with the normal details of life (you know, going to work and such) and haven't made time to post the last day or so. But I always stop in to read and check out a recipe or two. Anyway, I am so glad it is not only the weekend but my spring break!! A whole week off and it looks to actually be spring like!! I've been able to take my walk outside the last 2 days and it was glorious.

Today I need to get groceries and do laundry but I may go outside and start picking up branches and such in the yard. We also need to rake out the stones the plow guy left in the grass on the edge of the drive. It will feel good to "get the house smell off."

Ruth, I am SO jealous of your snowdrops. I have daffodils that are about 3 inches high but that's it. Hope the flooding subsides quickly.

Tammy, smoked pig sounds great. I'm going to press DH to get out the grill.

Time for more coffee and to see if there's any PB muffins in the freezer. Have a wonderful, wacky if you want, weekend!
Old 04-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #4  

Y'all quiet chicks....I planted some greens in my garden today!! Mustard spinach, beets, and kale! I can't wait!
Old 04-12-2014, 09:07 PM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I raked, raked, raked, and prepped the herb bed. We are waiting for the soil at the farm stand to thaw so we can get enough to fill our garden beds. In the meantime we prep and plan tomorrow we hike!
Old 04-12-2014, 09:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I worked, worked, worked and ...well nothing Home relaxing. I think everyone is enjoying the nice weather. Ruth I hope you dry out soon! Beth I read posts daily. It helps keep me on track when I don't have time to post. Way to go Tammy planting already!!! My landscape lads did an awesome job cleaning up my yard and filling in my septic hole. Took them two hours, would haven taken me all day!

Another nice day tomorrow and I cannot wait. Alarm set, bike on the carrier, clothes ready to ride. However now time to walk the dogs and get some sleep.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Early to bed early to rise. Is anyone else up for coffee??

Dressed and ready to go, watching the sunrise before I go for my ride. Enjoy your morning.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:00 AM   #8  

My coffee is just finishing brewing, Jennifer, thanks for the wake up! What's funny is I woke up at 6:30, which is when you posted this. I'm quite happy I didn't wake up once before then!

It was just an absolutely beautiful day yesterday! That work thing got in the way until 2 pm, but then my kids some how got motivated to do stuff (um, my 9 year old daughter started cleaning out the garage?!?) and we got the garden prepped a bit and planted greens. I rented a couple of movies (Gravity for us) which ended the day nicely.

Today? Putting a pork butt on the smoker (waaaay off SBD, but it does drain the fat well ) to celebrate for the neighbor. There's a new cole slaw recipe I want to try as well. Yum!

Spring has sprung! (and we need to enjoy a dry day while we can)
Old 04-13-2014, 07:27 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Good Sunday morning, Tammy, Jennifer and chicks to come.

We are going to be well-watered here today - not from the Lake but from the clouds. It's supposed to do this for the next three days so the Lake will jump in and keep flooding. We are not the only ones with this problem - there are roads covered with water all over the Rideau Valley. State of emergency has been declared in a couple of towns - Belleville is one.

Anyhow, enough griping. That's what happens when you stick a village between two lakes.

Spent a fair amount of time outside yesterday - just poking around, nothing actually useful. I just enjoyed being out and about in just a light jacket. I was also very aware of three days of rain to come!

The above freezing temperatures have ended the sap flow so that's "it" for maple syrup production. There will not be much for sale at the Syrup Festival this coming weekend as the producers sell to their regular local customers first rather than to "tourists".

A hectic week lies ahead so I am going to tackle Mount Laundry and maybe start planning the baking that I intended to get done last week! I have three more quilts to bind so I can hand sew the bindings in my spare time.

Enjoy your Sunday whatever you do. Breathe in Spring!
Old 04-13-2014, 08:04 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Sipping my coffee and watching the rain come down. As nice as yesterday was, today is slated to be warm but rainy. I am glad I also got out to do a little puttering yesterday, in between the normal niggles.

Not sure what is on the agenda today. Might be a good day to sit and read a book.

Have a great day chicks!
Old 04-13-2014, 11:45 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

We woke up to rain this morning so I went back to sleep Now it's stopped but it's cool and damp and dreary, not the best hiking weather. I always forget just how exhausting serious raking is. I might nap today.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:25 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

It rained overnight and I thought we were in for a dreary day but we have sunshine. Bonus!

Good thing I have lots of hot water because I've had a parade of folk through here today to use my downstairs shower. They bring their own towels! (When you are on a well and your basement floods the pump doesn't work.) My Keurig has been running all day but people are washing their mugs or bringing their own. I have offered my washer and dryer to a couple of folks for later this afternoon as I still have one last load. No baking is or will be done today but I'm making grand progress on quilting.
Closed Thread