South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 06:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Fabulous Friday Beach Chat 4/11

Good morning Chicks! I'm hoping it's a fabulous day, despite waking up early (5:30 is way better than 4:30 though!).

I get to meet a friend that lives Far away for breakfast, then another friend is coming over to hang out while I make a big ole pot o' chili...our bible study is hosting an international student dinner tonight, so I'm making a quadruple batch. Mmmmm. I guess I should work this afternoon as well .

Is it fabulous for everyone else? (even better now that the slowest coffee machine EVAH just finished!)
Old 04-11-2014, 06:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Tammy! Fridays are always Fabulous, in my book. Your house is going to smell delicious with that chili simmering all day!

I was so relieved to check the calendar and see that my doctor appointment is next Friday, rather than today. I have way too many things I want to get done today, and a dr. apptm. would have put a major dent in my plans. I need to clean the house and get the laundry done this morning, and find time to run out for groceries, and I promised Dad we'd have lunch together today. Then later this afternoon Monica and Carley are coming out, and we're all going to New Holland to cheer Carley on in a Children's Run. They are going to spend the night, and tomorrow Jake and I are taking them home and then staying over at their house. On Sunday, Carley is making her First Communion, and Jake and I are helping to get ready for the luncheon afterwards. So it's going to be another busy weekend!

I need to find time to switch out my wardrobe, too, this weekend! Maybe I can find time to get that done this evening. I'm so tired of these winter clothes!
Old 04-11-2014, 07:00 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Tammy and Chicks to come. Paul and the Keurig made me a fabulous mug of coffee this morning in the time it took to let Jazz out for potty.

We have a glorious two spring days ahead with sunshine and temps in the high 50's. The snow piles are melting - I now have crocus and snowdrops in bloom. I still have my lake in the dogyard and it's getting larger as the fields behind us continue to melt. The good news is that the culvert is not completely blocked in and there is a current in the water.

I'd call the Township to get them here to open the culvert better (it's on their property) but they still are battling the flood in the Village and trying to keep the highway fordable. The Upper Lake still hasn't broken up so they have huge chunks of ice floating through. Sure as heck is a lot of water - I wish we could save it for later when the gardens need it.

Donna comes to clean today. One of our great volunteer firemen (first responders) is coming to install my new fire and CO2 detectors and I might ask him to put up my new outdoor thermometer. (He's a good guy and Rachel's DH - did their wedding flowers last year so they kind of owe me - not that I keep track!)

Hmm - maybe a western omelet to start the day or a strawberry smoothie to see if I can get my quick breakfast groove back.

Have a great Friday!
Old 04-11-2014, 07:22 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

'Morning, Cottage. Isn't this weather great! Say "Hi" to your Dad for me.
Go for it, Carley, at the run and I wish I could be there for your First Communion. Palm Sunday seems to be the day for it - I'm going to one in Lyndhurst on Sunday.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

DS made it home in the wee hours of the morning. Hopefully I'll get to spend some time with him today before he heads off to visit friends at the local colleges. Tonight DH and I have our three young nephews sleeping over to babysit them.

After my workout today I must get to the grocery store for myself and all the young men

Yesterday my derm unexpectedly did two biopsies. I get results in 1-2 weeks. I'm an old hand at this with 3 past skin cancers but hadn't had a biopsy in years.

Have a great day.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:46 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Friday,

Tywnn chilli will make your house smell delish

Cottage you to have a busy weekend ahead of you ejoy

Ruth I hope they can control all of that water with the temps rising

Karen is your son already done with his semester at school then?

Today I am wfh have lots of little projects to finish up on today, need to go get my Drivers License renewed and finish cleaning house that started last evening.

Enjoy your weekend!
Old 04-11-2014, 09:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlrose View Post
Karen is your son already done with his semester at school then?!
No. According to DH he needed a break and chose this over a local concert. I'm wondering if I should be worried though. We split the cost of the plane ticket with him but it's still a long way to come for just a break.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL...I kinda had a brain fart....the friend I was meeting for breakfast was YankeeintheSouth, AKA Wendy, that's been on here a bit. HELLO WENDY!!

We had an awesome breakfast. Not nearly enough time. Now, on to chili making!
Closed Thread