Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:51 AM   #1  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Default I'm considering rejoining Jenny Craig

Hi there,

I'm considering rejoining JC. The concern I have is the cost, I'm hoping to start work in a couple of months but I don't work now and Jenny Craig tends to be expensive. I did have success with it before, I lost 20 or 30 lbs. I also am not sure if I would do in center or at home. I am moving soon and I'm quite surprised that there aren't any JC centers very close to where I'll be moving. I would prefer to do at home but the shipping costs are quite expensive.@@

I'm not sure, I'm thinking about rejoining though.

Take care.

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:17 PM   #2  
LRH

S/C/G: 152/132/127

Height: 5'5"

I understand if you need the structure. I'm an old Weight Watcher member, so I get that.
Now, I calorie count. There are so many good resources out there, this website, for one. It is now possible to get all kinds of support without even leaving your house.
Calorie counting is free and I especially like that!
Best of luck to you, whatever you do!
LRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:41 PM   #3  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Thanks LRH!

I think that structure does help, I have been considering JC but WW is more affordable and still provides structure and group support. I think I have to conquer my wt loss demons first, why I am scared to lose weight and think about what will be different next time.

Take care and thanks!

Amy
Old 04-09-2014, 10:18 AM   #4  

Hi seabiscuit!

I had some success losing weight with Jenny Craig some years ago. It was the first diet I went on after hitting menopause, when those extra pounds started creeping up on me.

I lost between 20-25 pounds, and I kept it off - for awhile. But (as is always true for me) it came back, with a few extra pounds for good measure. I did it in a center that was very close to me. At that time the home option wasn't available, I don't think. Not sure.

Anyway, I have always HATED WW meetings so I decided JC was a better option, and I got lucky because my counselor was about my age and we had so much in common. I do think that's one reason I did so well with it.

Keep in mind that it's a great way to get weight off, but we can't eat boxed meals for the rest of our lives. My next diet was calorie counting and nowadays that's so easy and cheap with all the online resources as well as apps for our phones.

I no longer diet because all it does is eventually put weight back on me. But that's my own personal choice; YMMV. I can certainly think of worse options than JC, but I wonder if the expense is worth it? You may feel you need the structure, but eventually you have to depend on yourself to maintain the weight loss. That's my only real issue with JC or any other program that has you relying on pre-packaged foods.

Good luck, whatever you decide!
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:01 PM   #5  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Hi Southern Maven,

Thanks for your support.

I talked with a few people from JC, I'm thinking of doing it say 4 or 5 days a week, then the rest of the time eat healthy food at home. The people who I spoke with from JC say that's fine and reasonable. I'm not sure yet but it's something I'm considering. The structure and support worked for me, it seemed to help.

Take care!

Amy
Old 04-09-2014, 10:27 PM   #6  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I did the program so many times in the 90's I actually had a lifetime membership! It worked for me each time and I always lost between 15-30 pounds but I never stayed on it long enough to reach goal. The expense was difficult for me. I did really like the structure of the program though.

I think it's good that you can do the program for less than seven days; that will keep the cost down. The online option sounds good as well. Hopefully they will let you customize your meals so you get only those items you really like.

Good luck Amy and keep us updated on how you like it!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:11 PM   #7  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Hi Tai-

Thanks! I am not sure if I will do Jenny Craig again or not, I think it is a good program but the cost is quite expensive. I looked into going to a center near where I will be living but it is a 45 minute bus ride there, that's a lot every week. I am hoping that maybe I can do the Jenny Craig Direct/At Home program when I start working, we'll see.

Thanks.

Amy
Old 05-23-2014, 05:30 PM   #8  
Pounds...A Losing Battle

S/C/G: 163/149/130

Height: 5'6"

I currently do an at home version of JC...I have cereal, granola bars, or a muffin for breakfast and then will have a Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine for lunch and dinner with a small snack between B/L and L/D...I basically eat something every 2-3 hours so I never get TOO hungry while staying under 1200 calories a day.
Bunny924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 06:06 PM   #9  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Thanks Bunny! I'm still debating doing JC but the issue for me is the cost! It's so expensive and I thought I'd save if I do 5 days of their food per week but I would do JC Direct/at home since not many centers are close to where I'm moving, odd because it's a city. I'm not sure. I have the name of a few people at JC Direct, if I decide to do it, I'll be in touch with them, thanks.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:34 AM   #10  
Pounds...A Losing Battle

Hi, Seabiscuit...when I said I did an at home version of JC, I meant I substitute Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice for the JC meals and I always get them on sale at Walmart, Meijers, or Krogers...they basically alternate which brands are on sale each week so they usually run me about $2 a piece which I know is much less than the typical JC meal. I couldn't afford to use the JC plan either, so I did my best to create my own version.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:28 PM   #11  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Thanks bunny, great ideas!
Old 05-28-2014, 08:16 AM   #12  
Pounds...A Losing Battle

Whatever path you decide to follow, Seabiscuit...I know you can do it!
Old 04-20-2015, 11:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 196/195/145

I know this thread is a bit older, but I'm desperate, how can I find out how much JC will cost? I was hoping for some good news on their site, but it won't display any information about the meals...
ChocolateLover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:19 PM   #14  

Okay, so another Forum member told me that in order to get the Jenny Craig food prices from their website, you have to be a paid member! Totally confusing to me, why would I even sign up if I can't figure out how much it will cost? Anyways, I did my homework and found the food price list for 2015.

bestdiettips.com/jenny-craig-food-prices
Old 05-27-2015, 09:12 PM   #15  

There's also a sample pack that Jenny offer! HMMMMMM