South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 07:17 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Friday, April 4 and TGIF!

Sometimes I wonder where the week has gone because suddenly we hit Friday. There is such a feeling of Spring in the air so I'd like it to slow down a bit!

Did get to town yesterday for some boring shopping and ended up buying a Tiffany light fixture for the kitchen - was just looking for a replacement light bulb. Now I need an electrician to wire it for me. I can do electrical but not from the top of a ladder! I also picked up some seeds to start a salad bowl garden. Spotted some green shoots along the foundation yesterday but no sign of my snowdrops yet. They usually push up through the ice but not yet.

Donna is scheduled to come this morning and will bring her wee Lulu to play with Jazz who is still mourning the loss of his sister. It's been four weeks now. Crazy when you have to arrange a playdate for a dog!

The sun is well up and there's no sign of the rain that the local weather station tells me is happening right now. I wonder if he is in a windowless room. It's still cold at 25F but will warm up later. Gotta love Spring after such a long and hard winter.

I wonder what the weekend will bring. There's nothing marked on my calendar.

TGIF!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Is it already four weeks? Poor Jazz - glad Lulu can help him out. This week did go by fast as well (for which I am grateful).

Today is busy but good day. Meeting a friend for breakfast, then off to get my hair did. My hair is to near the middle of my back, I'm thinking of chopping it mid neck or chin length (which is way more flattering on me, I'm just plain lazy!). Then clean up, and off to work this afternoon, which is packed.

I've been great at breakfast when meeting people...just eggs and a meat. I've successfully avoided panny-cakes and other num nums. It keeps me on track for lunch!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Debbie - Have a great trip. We went to the tar pits on our last trip out to LA; played tourists and did all that kind of stuff. I'd recommend Griffith Observatory too if you have time and haven't been.

I'm off to the gym soon. Then I work this afternoon. We have to pick up one of our cars that DH is having detailed with a Groupon so hopefully there will be a window of time that works for me or, even better yet, that doesn't work so DH has to get his brother or someone else to go with him.

Rain is over here and it looks like we will have a nice week.

Have a great day.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thx, Karen! I'll look up Griffith Observatory. We may have a little time to ourselves....just won't know until we get there.

I've been up trying to sync photos from phones, computers, kid's FB pages, etc. to update my master photo file and get it complete and loaded onto my Ipad. Our friends in LA want photos. We might head into Denver for a little shopping and visiting DD/GD. Other than that just trip planning.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Have a great trip, Debbie, and I hope your friend is in good spirits and is hopeful and positive about the future.

Karen, I'm glad it's stopped raining. Usually whatever weather you're getting eventually heads our way.

Tammy, I'm eager to hear how much you ended up getting cut off! Last time I saw you, I think your hair was shoulder length. Have a great afternoon at work. When's your last day?

Ruth, did Jazz and Lulu enjoy their playdate? I hope the rain continued to hold off for you!

Rain was in the forecast here today, but so far it's only been cloudy and cold! I finally got to pick up my car this morning, although I have to take it back Monday for them to install the cover over the foglight. That will be a minor thing, though, and I'm so glad to have my car back! I took Dad's car back to him and did his paperwork and sorted his pills for the week, then I had to run down to Glen Mills to pick up our registration tags and goodie bags for the Hot Chocolate 5K Run that I'm doing on Sunday. Since I wasn't far from Trader Joe's, I did a bit shopping, then a quick stop at Home Depot, and now I'm in for the rest of the day. I even changed into my "cozies". Supper is going to be a simple meal of ww linguine in clam sauce.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:54 PM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

we spent a buys day of errands. Tim needed a new license and we decided to get an enhanced license so we can go to Canada. Only 2 DMV offices do those so we had a lovely drive over the mtns then lunch and a walk while there. I did have a little work to do, not too much. It's our movie date night so after we clean-up from dinner we will grab some popcorn and wine and go watch African Queen

I finished the 30 day squat challenge and can really tell the difference. I was doing sets of 15-20 when I started. Last night I did 175 squats, 65-60-50. I'm taking one day off then starting a new challenge. Not sure I can find one I like. I might have to design my own. I'm also doing the 40 bags in 40 days decluttering challenge so it will be a busy month. I'm just dorky enough to create a spreadsheet to track my progress

Happy spring!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Wow Cyndi I am impressed!!!

Tammy seems like you and Linda just spent time together. Your hair must grow very quickly....maybe we should call you Rapunzel

Debbie have a safe trip. I'm sure your friends and you will enjoy each other's company. Friendship knows no boundaries. Hope you got your pics uploaded.

Ruth I too enjoy going to the "big" grocery store. It is a treat

Linda have fun at the 5k. I ordered a dress online for my nephew's wedding, actually 2 dresses. I loved one, the other went right back as it was see through!!! Not flattering at all!!!

Karen , the on,y car detailing here is being taken care of by Mother Nature.

As for me, hit the ground running when I got home Wednesday evening. Crazy busy at work...more like the Captain is keeping me crazy busy lol. I need to get my butt in gear for the ride and studying. Besides Joe's 50th and DS's graduation, I took on a project at work. I would like, with the Chief's blessing, to develop a peer support group. We really lack this. Also, develop policy and procedure to aide members in the event of a line of duty death or suicide. The subject matter is quite upsetting, but without a plan we jeopardize adding more trauma to the family by handling it poorly. Needless to say the training I received was quite emotional and intense this week.

I haven't ridden this week. Trying to get caught up on sleep as I have been very run down lately. Joe's stress of building the house is becoming my stress. I cannot wait for this to be done. Tuesday afternoon, weather permitting, I plan on spending it at Harriman State Park. I need a mental health break

Thankfully, I am not letting life's stresses derail me. Even when I was away I chose my food wisely. It is amazing though the mood boost I get from dark chocolate lol

Enjoy the start to the weekend. Mine starts Tuesday
Closed Thread