Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 05:36 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Thursday 4/3/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 04-03-2014, 06:18 AM   #2  
Started March '14

S/C/G: 296/254.6/179

Height: 5'5

Morning everyone! Wishing you all a wonderful day This morning is a hospital day then this afternoon its off for weigh in #2.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:18 AM   #3  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

For the people who had questions about travelling with IP, some very valuable threads:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...d-warrior.html

http://http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270956-make-your-own-ideal-protein-travel-survival-kit-bag.html
Old 04-03-2014, 08:27 AM   #4  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday after my post I got up and did 50 sit ups, and this morning a mixture of push uPs (easy ones with a yoga ball), leg raises, squats, lunges and some arm exercises. I always thought I didn't have abs but this morning I know they are there, just hidden deep down, because I am sore. It is a good sore though. I have been feeling for a while now that I really want to start exercising, so maybe this is what my body needs to get me off my plateau. the laundry room is all rearranged for my treadmill, I just need to find the baggy with all of the screws...
Old 04-03-2014, 08:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 350/284/185

Height: 6'

Good morning beautiful IP friends! Even though we had terrible thunderstorms early this morning, even though the scale didn't say what I wanted, even though DH and I didn't agree on some things already today, it's a wonderful day to be abstinent and eating clean the IP way! I'm grateful for this day and another opportunity to eat 100% OP and work toward my goal that is a looooooooong way away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
THANK YOU for this! I have a wedding to attend Easter weekend and I've already been wondering how I'm going to stay OP while traveling. I'll be checking out these links asap.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Yesterday after my post I got up and did 50 sit ups, and this morning a mixture of push uPs (easy ones with a yoga ball), leg raises, squats, lunges and some arm exercises. I always thought I didn't have abs but this morning I know they are there, just hidden deep down, because I am sore. It is a good sore though. I have been feeling for a while now that I really want to start exercising, so maybe this is what my body needs to get me off my plateau. the laundry room is all rearranged for my treadmill, I just need to find the baggy with all of the screws...
Susie...you look GREAT and are definitely ready for adding the exercise!
Old 04-03-2014, 08:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/204/170-ish

Height: 5'8"

Exercise...ugh. And I am a former runner. Have been doing Zumba Gold cardio for about 2 weeks now (2x/wk). Gives me the chance to "dance" without the jarring impact on knees and hips.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:13 AM   #8  
On IP since Mar 26, 2014

S/C/G: 198.5/187/120

Height: 5'5"

Hungry day today...I think the hormones from my fat are driving me crazy lately. I've been a lot more confrontational and I cry easy, I take more things personal, ug. I can't just blame it on the diet though. I started a new birth control method and I think I'm done with it after I get my period this month. Since hormonal contraception isn't always effective on this diet anyways.

Anyone else experience "hot flashes" kind of. Like your body is revving up your metabolism for a little while since starting this diet? (and only since starting this diet)

Last edited by kaylynt; 04-03-2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:23 AM   #9  
IP 02/08/2014

S/C/G: 261/215/175

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
Thanks Annik! I will be taking my first business trip on IP next week.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:26 AM   #10  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Anyone else experience "hot flashes" kind of. Like your body is revving up your metabolism for a little while since starting this diet? (and only since starting this diet)
Kaylynt,

Though I don't experience them now when my weight loss is very slow, I certainly remember 'feeling the heat' when the bigger losses were happening.

A good 'knowing' that the fat was burning!

Keep going! It's a fab programme.

Annik

Last edited by Annik; 04-03-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

I've lost 27 pounds since starting IP and the first thing that has reduced? My Chest! Why?! No, I'm not really looking for an explanation - I'm just frustrated. My question is - I measured myself and have gone down a bra size. Should I down size my bras all at once? I was kind of thinking maybe get one and then see what happens, I don't want to waste a lot of money, but I've breast feed 2 kids. My ta tas need some support! Thoughts/Comments/Snide Remarks?
Old 04-03-2014, 09:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity311 View Post
Good morning beautiful IP friends! Even though we had terrible thunderstorms early this morning, even though the scale didn't say what I wanted, even though DH and I didn't agree on some things already today, it's a wonderful day to be abstinent and eating clean the IP way! I'm grateful for this day and another opportunity to eat 100% OP and work toward my goal that is a looooooooong way away.
Serenity - I love your approach to the morning. I was just thinking something similar, that I love getting up in the morning and reading on this site because it gives me motivation to make this a good day, a 100% OP day. Great start....

No, your goal is NOT a loooooooooooooong way away. Your goal can be lots of little successes and milestones along the way. You can mark hitting 20% of your starting weight (soon!), hitting 250, losing 100 pounds, getting half way, passing into Onderland...Some of them are big milestones, some are just fun but they are all important.

Last edited by schenectady; 04-03-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:56 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Serentity -

No, your goal is NOT a loooooooooooooong way away. Your goal can be lots of little successes and milestones along the way. ..... Some of them are big milestones, some are just fun but they are all important.

like-like-like-like

Everyday is a marker. Even if you don't get it quite right...your head is there....
Old 04-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #14  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
like-like-like-like

Everyday is a marker. Even if you don't get it quite right...your head is there....
I agree! Yesterday I desperately wanted chocolate. Fortunately I was on the highway with none around and I had time to talk myself out of it. I told myself that I will allow myself chocolate for one day when I hit 160 lbs. That seemed to appease my brain. Now I don't actually think I'll eat a bunch of chocolate when I hit 160 but that reasoning helped for the moment and it got me through the strong craving...
Old 04-03-2014, 10:03 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Join the group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirishrose View Post
I've lost 27 pounds since starting IP and the first thing that has reduced? My Chest! Why?! No, I'm not really looking for an explanation - I'm just frustrated. My question is - I measured myself and have gone down a bra size. Should I down size my bras all at once? I was kind of thinking maybe get one and then see what happens, I don't want to waste a lot of money, but I've breast feed 2 kids. My ta tas need some support! Thoughts/Comments/Snide Remarks?
If weight loss success were to be judged by the loss of the "girls", I would be hugely successful since I have very little left since that is the first place that shrank.

But, that being said, I can fit into a size 10 jacket, admittedly snugly because of my upper arms, but the chest and waist are just fine. I cannot complain about that and I will never need to worry about the buttons looking pulled taut.

Now if I can get the bottom part to match size wise, I will be in heaven.

In regards to clothing, I would not go invest a whole lot in many bras, but treat yourself to a really nice one that reminds you every morning of why you get to have something nice and pretty. My feeling about it is that There will be plenty of time to invest in some more really great new clothing as you progress to where you want to be?
Closed Thread