South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 06:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default HUMP! Day on the Beach 4/2

I might have to dig up that camel/Geico commercial, just for a good laugh today!

DS had an awesome bday (too awesome - he was crying by the time he went to bed because he was tired and on a sugar crash!), and enjoyed his many Lego gifts. He is sad it's a whole 'nother year til the next one, although he says he doesn't want to get older! (already!?!)

Today is a shorter day for me, and I have lots of niggles to do. DH is leaving for a couple of days again, so I'll have the kids all to myself. I hope they behave.

It has been absolutely GORGEOUS here - time to start making salads for supper!
Old 04-02-2014, 06:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy HUMP DAY, Tammy, and everyone! I'm just sitting down to my first cup of coffee right now. I wanted to get the laundry started first this morning.

Tammy, your DS is wise for his years, LOL! I'm glad he had an awesome birthday and hope he slept soundly last night.

Karen, glad to hear you got home safe and sound.

We should have one more day of gorgeous sunshine before rain moves in for the next few days, and I should get home in time to get a walk in. I'm doing a 5K run on Sunday, and I think it's time to practice for it! I'll be doing the walk/run with the grandkids, so it shouldn't be too bad.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:58 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks! Woke up to warmer temperatures: it didn't get below freezing last night and the snow is melting nicely. I can't help but feel badly for the people trying to tap for sap; sap flow is contingent on below freezing nights and warmer days. I think this season was a flash in the pan and I will be interested to hear how it turns out.

Today will be busy as always at work but I just figure it helps my step tally.

Have a great day everyone as we head toward spring!
Old 04-02-2014, 07:04 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick checkin from conference for me. Just got done with working out, couldn't sleep so figured I would hit the gym.

Hope everyone is doing well and having warmer temperatures.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:11 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Early Chicks. Suddenly it's Hump Day and I go to get my stitches out this afternoon. I didn't even think about snow and a bad drive!

Puttered around the house all day yesterday, not accomplishing much, although I did go to the back and answered several emails. I need a day like that once in a while. Jazz was very willing to come to bed with me and settled right in on TOP of the blankets - my choice, not his!

My perio appointment is at 2 so I will drive in to the city earlier and get some shopping done. I've not been in a department store since American Thanksgiving when Linda and her DD forced me into one! I'm becoming a real country mouse!

Enjoy Hump Day - especially the downhill part!
Old 04-02-2014, 07:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

April showers here. Hail last night and expected again this evening. I am working out with my mom and trainer this morning since we missed Monday. And I work this afternoon. I ended up going in for a couple hours yesterday, too, to help out with our big spring shipment. Tonight my mom and I are going to the theater but sometimes we don't go to the season ticket shows when the weather is bad since we walk a few blocks from the car. I'll see what she wants to do.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:56 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

It's a morning fly by for me I was up late and slept in a little so now, of course, I am behind It's definitely hump day here. Tonight I'm grilling, can't wait!
Old 04-02-2014, 03:45 PM   #8  

Good afternoon chicks

I've been catching up on midweek chores after a couple days with Mark. He chickened out on the doctor after all so I am back to trying to convince him to go...wish me luck on that. We've had 3 days of much needed April showers & last night we're even awakened by very loud thunderstorms. I don't mind though, I love thunder & lightening Tonight we have our bible study so I must get back to tidying the house. Just a get fly-by to say Hi

Karen..glad you made it back Ok

Twynn..glad DS enjoyed his bday

Ruth ...hope your perio appt goes OK

Cyndi...have fun grilling

Cottage...Good luck on your 5K

Sue
Old 04-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

I'm impressed by those of you who put away the winter clothes already! I wore a short sleeve sweater to work today and regretted it! I will wait spring break to take my wool stuff to the cleaner's and pack away the turtlenecks!
Old 04-02-2014, 10:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 241/219/165

Height: 5 feet, 3 inches

Hi chicks!

Sorry to be out of touch for a while! I don't know why my brother's wedding made ME have to be so busy, but I found myself occupied with many tasks to get ready and be a bridesmaid!

So the wedding came off without incident and was beautiful and lots of fun. For you PA people, can I just tell you, the most challenging part of the trip was trying to buy beer and wine. Who knew they had to be bought separately? But we managed!

Now I have to deal with the "wedding weight" from all the hotel/restaurant food. Only a pound or so though, so that's good.

I hope that you all are doing well and enjoying the spring (finally!)
Closed Thread