Old 03-01-2014, 05:38 PM   #1  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default Costs and planning ahead

I started IP two weeks ago, I used my tax return to pay ahead for a couple of months worth. I'm a single mom with 3 daughters and I work as a teacher and go to school. I covered myself through May-beginning of June so I could phase off for the summer. I won't be done quite yet, but I can't afford to keep IP up past what I paid really. So what I'm wondering is what do I do when I want to keep protocol but can't afford the IP foods? I've heard you can replace IP foods with other low fat proteins but I'm not sure if this is true.
AmberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I started IP two weeks ago, I used my tax return to pay ahead for a couple of months worth. I'm a single mom with 3 daughters and I work as a teacher and go to school. I covered myself through May-beginning of June so I could phase off for the summer. I won't be done quite yet, but I can't afford to keep IP up past what I paid really. So what I'm wondering is what do I do when I want to keep protocol but can't afford the IP foods? I've heard you can replace IP foods with other low fat proteins but I'm not sure if this is true.
Start reading the Alternative Products That Work in Phase One thread... On the first page is a list of nutritional info you need to select appropriate IP alternative products. Then keep reading and take notes on ones that sound good to you as well as websites/stores to purchase them.

You have lots of time to plan ahead and learn tons. You might want to start using a few alternatives a week early on mixed in with IP so you can save some favorite IP products past your deadline. (For example, so far no one has found a good alt for potato purée, so if you LOVE that IP product you might want to save some for later.)

And ask questions in the Alt thread, daily chat, etc.

We are here to root for you!
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote