Old 02-26-2014, 02:16 PM   #1  

Default Something about goal

Hey all. So in short, did IP and got to goal December 2012. Have maintained since then with a few days here and there of phase 1. When I set my goal, I put it at a weight I had been at and felt comfortable but not GREAT because I could not imagine ever weighing any less...didn't think it would be possible. Have been doing a 30 day reboot and decided before I started that not only would I lose the 4-6lbs I gained but I would go down another 10 from my initial and maintaining goal.

I am 7lbs away today and when I last did a reboot and was 7lbs away I got stuck and said well I should just be happy with where I am because its way better than where I started (self-sabotage). Why the heck am I not worth it to continue and get down an extra 10 (or at least try) to see how I can really feel and look at my best? Funny how I start having conversations with myself to stop and just accept?

Why not shoot for the moon? I think because I have never weighed any less than my initial goal I cannot even fathom what it would be like...maybe some fear in there perhaps. Always thought I would still be a bit chunky no matter what. Now I am beginning to see that its MY decision when to stop and where to stop at. Not a number from 10 years ago. If I want, I can go below.

Anyone else deal with these internal dialogues?
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:45 PM   #2  
New Englandah

I know I definitely have a negative internal dialogue. I tell myself I can't do it, but then show myself I really can. However, the negativity remains. I wish it would just go away. I am my own worst critic and saboteur unfortunately.

You have the absolute ability achieve your goal and I am excited for you to get there. Every time someone on these boards gets to their goal weight it inspires me to keep going. So, I tell the voice that says I'll never get there to shut up and I keep plugging away at it.
AnaBanana11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #3  

Your right...I think the voice will always be there but its up to me to listen to it. Drives me crazy sometimes but I am feeling like I can redirect my energy to stay focused on my goal. I know it is going to feel sooooo good when I get there.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

do you mind if I ask how tall are you?
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Height: 5'3"

Eandc, I, too, am having an internal dialogue about my goal. I'm currently 134 (as of Saturday's weight in) and feel great. Do I need to lose the other 14?

My mister finds "skinny" women unattractive. I worry he won't find me attractive. My ND walked into work today and said I looked really thin.

I know I'll need to go off the program for a few days at the end of March and wonder if I'll sabotage myself in the break.

I'm torn between wanting to reach my goal and being happy where I'm at.
SlimmerBySummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:57 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
do you mind if I ask how tall are you?
Sunflower I am 5'4 and cannot remember a time in my adult life or youth for that matter where I weighed less than 130lbs. I have had the same dial scale since I was 14 and I have never seen below that number but I am going for 125 to give myself some wiggle room and to see how I look an feel when I get there. Been soooooo hungry today. Arghhh
Old 02-26-2014, 09:40 PM   #7  

a big whoosh must be coming for you!! I was starving today too, couldn't wait to come home and eat some real food, bbq chops with mushrooms and brussels sprouts yum

my co-worker is 5"4 and weighs 130, she's looks very very small IMO. But wiggle room is good too. You're almost there. Keep it up.

I have a dial scale too. It's the ONLY one I go by
Old 02-26-2014, 09:41 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimmerBySummer View Post
Eandc, I, too, am having an internal dialogue about my goal. I'm currently 134 (as of Saturday's weight in) and feel great. Do I need to lose the other 14?

My mister finds "skinny" women unattractive. I worry he won't find me attractive. My ND walked into work today and said I looked really thin.

I know I'll need to go off the program for a few days at the end of March and wonder if I'll sabotage myself in the break.

I'm torn between wanting to reach my goal and being happy where I'm at.
IMO you don't need to lose more if you're feeling good in your skin. Perhaps another 4 for wiggle room....and when you phase off you might lose a few more too.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:25 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
IMO you don't need to lose more if you're feeling good in your skin. Perhaps another 4 for wiggle room....and when you phase off you might lose a few more too.
Decided after weighing in today (down 1 more lb.), to begin phase 2. Yesterday a friend I hadn't seen in awhile said I looked too thin. After a certain age, being too thin makes one look older and I certainly don't want that.

New coach says most people, in her experience, still lose in phase 2.

To seal the deal, there was confusion at the clinic and my pre-ordered food was sold to others. I got a single box of vanilla pudding mix. I ordered six boxes of food because I'm almost out of the foods I like.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

I am 5-4 and sitting at 138 morning weight(the weight in signature is Friday after work full clothed weight).

I am a size 6, and at age 52, I think it is actually a pretty good size. At first I played around with going to 125, but with my muscle mass, it would be difficult.
drd1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:51 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
I am 5-4 and sitting at 138 morning weight(the weight in signature is Friday after work full clothed weight).

I am a size 6, and at age 52, I think it is actually a pretty good size. At first I played around with going to 125, but with my muscle mass, it would be difficult.
I hear you. Size 6 is a good size. Readjusting the goal and seeing where we actually are, since we lose more fat than lean mass, seems appropriate.

I actually pulled a pair of jeans off without unbuttoning them the other night, so I had to break down and buy a new pair, along with all new underwear, bras, and belts - a cost of the plan I hadn't calculated.

Last edited by SlimmerBySummer; 03-01-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Yes, I have had to do shopping because I have been size 8 before, but I just slipped right through the 8's(literally) and seem to be settling into 6's and some large 4's. My daughter is about 120 at the same height and I have been wearing a pair of her paint jeans that she left at home when she went to school because I do not want to get paint on mine. I am more muscular than her and she is hippy with a teeny tiny waist, so her jeans will fit but probably nothing waisted.
drd1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:14 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/Ticker/130

Height: 5'2''

Default Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post

You seem to be where you want to be. Many congratulations!
Narae is offline   Reply With Quote