Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 08:19 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 7/14 - 7/20

Starting the topic. Be back in a bit.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:51 AM   #2  

Good morning! I'm reporting a slight gain, 0.8 but considering I didn't make my meeting for 2 weeks and had such a rough time snacking, I'm glad it wasn't worse. I had a good weekend - pretty much on points. The one shocker over the weekend was that my boss showed up at my WW meeting! Thankfully it was after I already spoke to my friends about the work situation - I had to leave the meeting early to meet my friend but I really didn't want to see him there. I decided though that he would not keep me away from my meeting - I hope he's just one of those who comes for a month and then drops out!

I found out on Saturday that I didn't get the job in Locust Valley but on Friday another school district called to see if I was interested in interviewing for a position as an Asst Teacher and I'm hoping to set up the appt today for an interview this week.

I'm going to be trying extra hard this week - I'd like to start vacation on Saturday with a loss.

Have a great one,
Judy
163.6/152.6/135
134/240 workouts
Old 07-14-2003, 01:04 PM   #3  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Everyone!

Judy - Blech! Hope your boss quits WW asap, or at least decides he's above staying for meetings! Not to worry about your mini-gain, I'm sure you'll take care of it this week. Good luck with your upcoming interview!

Was NOP quite a bit over the weekend, which is a habit I can't let myself fall into. The weather was rainy, and I just stayed inside and grazed (and baked). However, I am back to my winning ways this morning, and shall go and fill my water bottle when I leave here to get my work day off to a good start.

Hope you have a wonderful day...
Old 07-14-2003, 01:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone!

It's good to be back home.

Judy - Sorry about that slight gain, but you'll have it off and then some this Saturday I'm sure. How awful that your boss showed up at your meeting. Don't you hate when work intrudes on your real life? Ah well, soon he'll be history. I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the Locust Valley job. Good luck with your next interview.

Karen - Sounds like you're recovering from your grazing/snacky weekend. Sometimes they just get like that. But you're doing the key thing - hopping right back on the wagon. Congrats on your loss from last week.

Vacation was great. Except for the last couple of days, we had perfect weather. It was hot, but dry, most days and at night it cooled off nicely. The best part - I lost weight. My weigh-in the Saturday we left had me up a bit over three pounds, which was water weight. I took that off and then some, so I'm under my "starting" weight of a few weeks ago. Of course, this is all unofficial - we'll see what the scale says on Wednesday when I weigh in. But I'm very pleased. I can't say that I counted points, per se, but I was good about having low point breakfast and lunch, stayed sane on portion sizes at dinner, and turned down treats several times. I did have my fair share of sweets, but I guess not enough to hurt me. As good a time as I had, it's great to be back in my own home, sleeping in my own bed.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 07-14-2003, 03:42 PM   #5  
Canadian, eh?

Welcome back Carla!!!!!!!!

We missed you! Great to have you back on board. Sounds like you had a lovely time, and way to go for doing so well while you were away!
Old 07-14-2003, 05:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone,

Carla, you are now my inspiration for vacation (if we ever get one together). Glad you are back, we missed you.

Judy, sorry about the job but I am sure this next one is even better . How lame that your boss chose your meetings. I hope he finds a new one.

Karen, Enjoy the water rainy days are always tough for me too. they just seem to be made for baking.

I am pleased with myself for using self control. We had to go to a retirement dinner. It was a buffet and I was able to stay away from the high fat stuff and didn't even head toward the delicious looking dessert table. My hubbie got a jab when he suggested I go get him seconds in dessert (he didn't want to look like a pig). I am hoping to see another down in the scale on Wednesday.

Take care, Anne
Old 07-15-2003, 11:11 AM   #7  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning!

Anne, congratulations on your self-control at the buffet. Your DH deserves the jab - sounds just like something mine would do! Will keep for a good weigh in for you tomorrow.

I had a horrific sneak peak this morning; up 5 lbs from last week, just water, I know, but makes me want to sidestep the scale tonight. I will weigh in though, because I need to recognize patterns and trends. I realize I won't have a steady string of losses each week. So I'm going to drink water like crazy today, and it'll either flush out some other water, or add another 5 lbs. I'll be doing positive self talk today, coz I won't let the scale get me down.

I'm using WW e-tools and quite like them.

Have a great day!
Old 07-15-2003, 01:20 PM   #8  

Hi all.

Karen - Sounds like you have a good attitude about that water weight. Don't let it mess with your head, no matter what the scale says tonight. Next week it will all be gone. Good for you for going to your meeting and getting weighed tonight. You're right - recognizing patterns is important.

Anne - Great job at the buffet. I would have jabbed the hubby too! I'm sure you'll see a loss this week.

I had a good day yesterday, until the late, and I do mean late, evening, when my hand started feeding my mouth with my brain just slightly aware of what was going on. I think I know what was going on, though. John ended up working through the wee hours - didn't even do his usual home for dinner and then back to work thing. I was feeling especially isolated yesterday as I was used to having plenty of company, adult and otherwise, over the past two weeks. So I think that just got to me and I decided food would be my friend and companion. Fortunately, I woke up feeling very full and most likely will be eating very low in points today. I just have to be careful, because I didn't sleep well (a horrendous thunderstorm woke me up) last night and that's always when my guard goes down.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 07-15-2003, 08:10 PM   #9  
Canadian, eh?

Carla - sorry to hear that you were suffering from hand-to-mouth disease yesterday, I hope today has been a better one for you. I love thunderstorms, but not in the middle of the night...they might interfere with my beauty sleep. I slept right through a massive one last week, according to Mike.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:50 AM   #10  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning!

Well, after weighing in wearing a sundress, I managed to produce a 0.6 lb loss for a total of 14.4 lbs gone. All that water yesterday paid off.

Have a wonderful waterlogged Wednesday!
Old 07-16-2003, 09:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Way to go karen
Old 07-16-2003, 11:13 AM   #12  

Hi Everyone -
Haven't fallen off yet but I have a weird problem. My Dr. diagnosed me w/diverticulitis and said I'm not to eat any raw veggies or fruit - not cool when you HAVE to lose weight so here is my question - does anyone have suggestions for munchies? I've been eating salad like a fiend and I feel hungry sometimes. I notice I've got cravings for the first time in 7 months and thats NOT cool.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:22 PM   #13  

Karen - sorry to hear that your weekend was rough but good for you for getting back OP. The off-on-the-weekend has been a pattern for me - it seems to work for me if I want to maintain, but I have to break that pattern if I want to lose. Yes, I'm hoping my boss ends up quitting the meeting but having given notice and spoken with him in person this morning, I decided I don't care. In any case, he's going on vacation on Saturday too (but for 2 weeks) so I don't think I'll see him at a meeting for a couple of weeks. Kudos on your great attitude about the water weight. I have to try to incorporate that ino my thinking - recognizing trends. Way to go on another loss!!!!!

Carla - it's great to have you back! I'm glad you had a good vacation - I hope we luck out on the weather too. MAJOR CONGRATS for losing weight while one vacation!!!!! WOW!!!!!! Sorry to hear about the hand-to-mouth disease - I find myself doing that when Tony isn't home in the evening. I hope you were able to get a good night's sleep last night.

Anne - Super job at the retirement dinner. Buffets are so hard - good for you on your fabulous self-control. Ditto on the jab to your DH.

houndlvr1 - sorry to hear about the diagnosis - hmm, that's a tough one. I like the low fat microwave popcorn but I don't know if that would be OK with the diverticulitis. Do you like canned veggies? Sometimes I'll open up a can of string beans or beets for a quick, easy zero point snack. The other thing you might look into is getting some protein, like low fat cheese into your snacks. I think the protein helps to satisfy me longer than most snacks.

I had a rally good day yesterday - I got the job on the south shore I interviewed for! The Asst. Superintendent (for Special Ed) who interviewed made up her mind right then and there. She said that she goes by her gut and is rarely wrong (picking TA's who go on to become teachers) and she thinks I'm a born teacher. I have to meet with the principal of the school (tomorrow morning) but she treated that as pretty much pro forma. It's a F/T job, in a mainstream 6th grade class helping 3 special ed kids. The salary is atrocious (slightly above the first semester salary of the 12 month place) but it's F/T, 10 months (so I can take extra courses and get some P/T work in the summer) and they have a program where you have the opportunity to tutor kids before or after school to make extra $$.

I didn't do a workout yesterday - I was planning on doing it after the interview but decided to stop by one of the colleges I'm thinking of applying to in order to pick up a graduate bulletin. I want to read through a couple of them next week at the beach. By the time I got home, and given the fact that I was on the phone with the good news to my sister, friend, cousin, etc., I just didn't get to a workout. I did OK in the snacking department last night. My sneak peak this morning was a number I haven't seen in a long time so I am planning on making sure that I see a number like that on Saturday!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 07-16-2003, 01:42 PM   #14  
Canadian, eh?

Judy - many congratulations and big hugs on that great interview and nearly certain job! You will be a wonderful teaching assistant, and a great teacher - I can tell by your unending encouragement to each of us here. Have you decided where you're going to apply for your masters? Oh, forgot to tell you last week, got my marks for my first course last week - 91%. Good for you for avoiding the snack attacks last night, and I hope your sneak peak holds up for you!

Anne - Thank you! How's it going with you?

houndlvr1 - my fave snack of the moment is Silhouette yogurt...only 1 point, and counts for a milk.

Have a great day!
Old 07-16-2003, 02:04 PM   #15  

Hi all.

Karen - Congrats on your loss! It's so great to see a loss when you were expecting maybe a gain. I love thunderstorms too. I still have memories of a whopper of a storm in North Carolina a couple of summers again. It sounded as though the world was splitting open, the thunder was crashing so loudly. And we could hear the waves crashing on shore. It was great - I didn't even mind that it woke me up. Congrats also on great marks for your first class!

Houndlvr - Sorry to hear about that diagnosis. I'll echo Judy - if you can incorporate a little protein into your snacks, you will probably find that it holds you pretty well until your next meal. A "grilled cheese" sandwich (made in the toaster and microwave and without butter) using a slice of 2% cheese and light bread is a really satisfying snack and should be only 2-3 points, depending upon the bread you use.

Judy - Yay for the job on the South Shore! That's terrific news! It will be good to have your summers free for classes and other p/t work. And yay for not celebrating by snacking! I'll be cheering you on to make that great sneak peek number official at your Saturday weigh-in.

My day yesterday was much better. And it paid off at my trip to the scale this morning. The "official" post-vacation results: down 1.2 pounds. I'm as pleased as punch. And I just finished a super lunch of three tostada shells spread with 2 T each of ff black bean dip and 2 T each of ff peach salsa. I'm a happy camper all the way around. It's a beautiful sunny day here, and not too hot, so I'm going to try to spend part of it outdoors.

Have a great day.

Carla
279/277.8/145
Closed Thread