Old 02-21-2014, 06:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/134/120

Height: 5 ft

Talking The Yoga Club and daily log in

Hello everyone I'm Nikki ,

I'm new here and I practice Ashtanga Yoga. I was hoping to get in contact with other yogi practitioners. This is my means of exercise though I can't say I'm the most consistent . My main goal is to do yoga everyday as well as maintaining my morning meditation. I just want a flat tummy, strong muscles and flexible body and perhaps still look like a teen in my 90's.

It would be nice to keep track of our progress and keep each other in track of our goals or we can just talk about whatever you like.

Here's some pictures of me practicing.

Nikkilovesyoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:20 PM   #2  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Wow! Is it physically possible to do that?
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:07 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitcherella View Post
Wow! Is it physically possible to do that?
Yes it is!! I just got back to yoga this year I use to do it for 6 months straight 2 times a week four years ago. Then I had thesis so I cut back and stopped till now. I try to take a special 1 on 1 class once a week or at least 2 times a month. Work has gotten me busy so I make do with making sure I do my own routine every morning but at the moment I'm about to start my TOM and my body is not really up for it. After my TOM I can start posting regularly .

I try not think about losing weight because it will leave when it's ready as long I exercise, eat right and take the nutrients I give it daily like my coconut oils, vitamins and honey. I'll feel better and look better.

Kitcherella, have you tried yoga?
Old 02-22-2014, 03:37 AM   #4  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

That's it, isn't it? Feeling better and looking better via eating nutritious food and exercising. I haven't tried yoga - I just did pilates (if they are comparable) a couple of days ago and liked it. If I can find a good place to start I will try it.
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:10 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitcherella View Post
That's it, isn't it? Feeling better and looking better via eating nutritious food and exercising. I haven't tried yoga - I just did pilates (if they are comparable) a couple of days ago and liked it. If I can find a good place to start I will try it.

Yes, Pilates is very much like Ashtanga Yoga because they both follow a basic or core routine to achieve the most optimal health benefits. What great about Pilates and Ashtanga is that core muscle control is strengthened.

For me I'm not going for the very muscular body, I want mine to be lean, strong and flexible. That aside, I hope to see you doing pilates more. I can feel it's doing you good. Maybe post some pictures?

I'll try doing yoga tomorrow morning and post some pictures.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:02 AM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

I love the pictures and commend you on your yoga practice. I'm not so keen on your nutritional insights.

Alas i am not self disciplined enough to sustain a daily yoga routine, so i don't do it. But i do love to go to a class. They are expensive here though.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:21 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattience View Post
I love the pictures and commend you on your yoga practice. I'm not so keen on your nutritional insights.

Alas i am not self disciplined enough to sustain a daily yoga routine, so i don't do it. But i do love to go to a class. They are expensive here though.

Hello Pattience,

Thanks for stopping by. Thank you for your liking my photos. I wasn't always that flexible. Just two weeks without exercising and I can't touch my feet again.Oh, I took a look at your blog I can see your really meticulous on your food. I think that's great and that takes great discipline to read and understand what's going in your mouth for the right reasons.

I live in Cebu, Philippines so the food here (in the affordable range) available is basically limited and not as nutritionally-specific like many of the US or other 1st world countries brands.Most of the organic foods here are very expensive. On the other hand we are abundant of many tropical fruits like coconut and mangoes. Also veggies like yellow squash and Ampalaya aka "bitter-melon".)

I personally practice intuitive eating. I only eat when I'm hungry and snack when I want too. The dishes that cook at my home range from pork, chicken to many vegetable soups. I personally find that any food can be healthy as long eaten to a person's preferred limit, don't over do it. We both know the result of that heheh. I hope I don't I sound weird but I'm happy not being deprived and starving so this method is working for me. I just make sure also all my snack are fruits and my preferred drink, water.

I'm sure the right routine will come to you and you'll love it so much the discipline will just happen by it's self. Just like your talent for cooking. I wouldn't worry about it. I try not to be too hard on myself if I don't push through on something. It's fun working on myself little by little.

Hoping to become friends,
Nikki
Old 02-27-2014, 03:24 AM   #8  

Talking updated good news!

Sorry I've been gone haha I've been working a lot with my infograph orders.

Updated good news!

It's been about 2-3 weeks since my last yoga work out because of my work but the past 2 days I was able to 5 sets of Surya Namaskara (aka Sun Salutation) A & B. Meaning I did each saluatation 5 times. It's only the tip of the whole routine but it's loosening my shoulders again I don't feel too stiff but at least I'm got my meditation down and I feel so energized. I'll try to get my mom to take pics of me doing it maybe I stream me doing it haha.

If you'd like to follow with me and learn the sun salutations

__________________________________________________ _______________

I wanted to share my morning breakfast! I always eat what I think I need and know if ever I get hungry I just get up again and eat again. That's another well deserved break and happy food time!

Your a breakfast is probably different from what I eat but this is scrambled egg with 1 medium ampalaya (aka bitter -melon) super del-ish!

I started cooking for myself about a week ago and learned how to make pancakes. As for the egg that's a red bell pepper/onion/garlic and cheese omelette.

Oh the Red Stuff is my latest addiction. Homemade Kimchi from my friend Jiji. The taste is sooooooo heavenly!

Totally worth trying!

Also a quick pic of my morning power drink 1/2 sachet kopiko, 1/3 milk, hot water, 1 tbs extra virgin coconut oil, 1 tbs honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

I'm interested in what you guys eat. I'm always up for new flavors and recipes.

Till next post,
Nikki
Old 02-27-2014, 04:48 AM   #9  
banned

I like the look of your breakfast though probably not the drink thing. Though i have no idea what the kopiko would taste like.

If you want to know what i eat, see my blog thread in my signature. I put in my meals and recipes. Not all are successful but on the whole i am very happy with my food.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:01 AM   #10  

Default Looks yummy

I'm particularily interested in this Recipe:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattience View Post
1kg of butternut pumpkin (or other), chopped into chunks
1 potato, peeled and quartered
1 onion, peeled quartered
1 carrot, peeled and quartered (Optional)
1 apple, peeled and halved (optional)

Olive oil for roasting
salt
all spice
3 cloves garlic, unpeeled
1. litre of water
a knob unpeeled fresh ginger (approx 1.5 tbsp when grated)

Put all the chopped vegetables in to a large mixing bowl, tip in oil and try to coat all the vegetables thoroughly.
Spread out on a baking tray.
Sprinkle with salt and all spice powder though its always better to start with whole spices as they have best flavour.
Bake for 45 -60 minutes or until cooked, turning vegies half way through on about 180 degrees C.
Remove vegies from oven and cool a little bit. Peel garlic and ginger and pumpkin. . In a bowl, blend all with ba-mix or food processor or mash with fork/potato masher if necessary.

Tip into a saucepan, add water and pepper. Heat through, adjust salt and and water if necessary.

If you wish, push the soup through a sieve to get a smooth consistency.

Heat through to serve. Serve straight, Yoghurt instead of the usual cream is a stir through option but not essential.

2 tomatoes, roasted is an option as well.

This sounds delicious! I'll try making it this week.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:33 AM   #11  
banned

Oh yes, pumpkin soup with ginger. Its the ginger that is the surprise ingredient.

I would have never have tried it myself but someone not so long ago made a pumpin soup with ginger in it. You don't need to stick to my recipe exactly. So long as you have pumpkin and ginger.

the original one i tried had a lot of different vegetables but primarily pumpkin.

Oh and it was the first time i had apple in a soup which gave it something nice. So feel free to add more vegies like carrot and celery or whatever.

It also had other spices like all spice, and cumin in it.

But this version of mine is as you see it.

Also roasting vegetables before cooking them makes the soup taste different.

I think olive oil is an essential element. It will be different if you use coconut oil but you may like that.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:08 AM   #12  

Pattience,

Thanks for always responding here. I'm currently trying to get myself doing yoga again but sometimes I get overwhelmed with the busy-ness of the day between work and doing my online ventures. How do you stick to your plans?

Nikki