South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-05-2014, 05:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Biggest Loser Finale Don't (spoiler alert)

Karen and Pearlrose I was shocked!! I though Rachel or David would win. He looked healthy. Rachel and Bobby looked sickly. Rachel appears fairly tall, but 105??? Really that is pre pubescent girl weight (sorry not trying to sound harsh) I though she looked fantastic the week before.

Tummi, at home prize winner, looked healthy and strong. All of the at home contestants looked wonderful. I did enjoy seeing previous contestants they looked great too. Very happy Abbey is moving forward with her life.

Ok girls, please share your thoughts
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:18 PM   #2  

I didn't see the finale but I saw the internet explosion after Rachel appeared.

I hope she is taking care of herself and someone steps in to guide her now that she won the prize (I assume the cash was her motivation, it would be for a lot of people). Even just putting 20lbs on would bring her to a healthy BMI.

I have had many comments about my weight being too low (and it was still in the overweight category LOL!!) but I was focused on my goal and wanted to get to the 170s and nothing was going to stop me. I did have medical supervision for my diet so I'm different from Rachel to a point but I understand the obsession and goal-driven attitude and approach she took, it's addicting. Now...if I could just find a $250k prize contest.

Wishing her nothing but good health and a happy future.

edit to add: sorry, didn't realize this was the SB board. I saw it on the most recent threads tab. Please let me know if you want me to delete.

Last edited by elvislover324; 02-05-2014 at 05:19 PM.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

It's okay, elvislover324, we won't bite! I don't think you're on the approved foods list

I agree, I thought Tumi was stunning. And that dress? Gorgeous. Kudos to the stylist!

I too hoped David would win. Rachel looked kind of frightening when she came out, especially in the weigh in clothes. Her arms are so thin! She's 5'4 I believe, so 105 is just under the healthy range for her height (by a couple pounds I think), so it's not like she's 105 pounds at 5'9, but it looks like she lost ALL her muscle tone!

When I was in middle school, I had a choir teacher who was a recovering anorexic. My teacher's face, and Rachel's face, are similarly gaunt. I realize that 250k is a tremendous amount of money, and Rachel knew both Bobby and David were big competition, so I'm thinking she went overboard just for the money.

Hopefully in a month or two, she'll have filled out a bit more! She looked amazing during makeover week and the last week on campus. If she HAS developed an actual eating disorder, and it wasn't a deliberate move to win the money, then I hope she is able to get the help she needs.

How sad would that be, to do all that work, go from 260 pounds, just to swing too far in the other direction and essentially still have a "weight problem".

Last edited by penmage; 02-05-2014 at 09:02 PM.
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

I was rooting for Rachel all season; something about her that I liked. But I agree that she looked too thin at the finale, particularly when you consider that they say the camera adds 10 pounds. BUT, I'm not worried about her health at this point. One of the things I've never liked about that show is that it is, after all, a contest, and she probably wanted to win. My thinking (and hope) is that now that the game is over, she will settle into a healthy lifestyle and her weight will settle somewhere healthy as well.

And I agree about Tumi. She looked fabulous.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I'm happy to see that this thread wasn't just a lot of bashing Rachel. I also believe she did it for the money, and I can't say I blame her. First of all, she won the triathelon at the end of the stay on the ranch, so she must have been healthy at that point. If she pushed to get that last bit of weight off in order to win the prize, it might not have been the smartest thing to do, but once she settles in, she will probably regain a bit...everyone does....and she should be fine. I hope I'm right for her health's sake.

Elvislover, you have done a fantastic job with your weight loss! I can understand having people tell you you are too thin because they were used to seeing you much bigger for so long and the weight loss makes you look different. They have to get used to the new you.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:13 AM   #6  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

I didn't watch the show because I don't have cable BUT, I do have Dolvette on my facebook, and I thought he handled it well and said essentially that this is her life and the journey to good health didn't end at the finale, and we should understand that before criticizing her for where she is at this moment in time.

I thought it was a classy response and reminded us all that BL is a show and there's always more work to do
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:33 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

I was just shocked by her appearance, she just looked so frail and gaunt. I am sure my expression looked just like Bob and Jillian's faces when they saw her.

I agree like everyone else that I think she did it for the money and we know she is very competitive. I just hope it is just that and that she did not go to the other end of the spectrum only time will tell.

Hopefully BL show will put some conditions so that no more contestants go to far in their path to health. Just my two cents
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:24 PM   #8  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

That would be a good thing - that to qualify to win they have to be either healthy body fat % or healthy BMI. I'd mean that they'd have to be sure they aren't trading one unhealthy thing for another.
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote