Princess Buttercup

Angry

Morning

I'll be right back. Theresa
Old 03-12-2001, 07:54 AM   #2  
Princess Buttercup

Default Home Sweat Home!

Morning Everyone!

I'm so glad to be back home! Love to vacation, but coming home is the best part! lol we had a wonderful time. I think I about wore my mom out! lol she was really tired. I think the best thing was having dinner out with dh Thurs night. We went to Victoria & Alberts at the Grand Floridian. Best part with the kids was seeing their eyes light up at the character breakfast with Pooh/Tigger/Eeyore. "Worst" part losing my mother at Epcot! took me an hour to find her! (and she says I never listen to directions lol I told her to sit on the bench and I'd be back--- did she listen, heck no!

The luau was fun, but doenst' hold a candle to the one in Hawaii.

Viv, no we didn't eat at Whispering Canyon. we did eat at Artist Point also located in Wilderness lodge -- was good! Fast passes are GREAT! after my mom joined us, dh and son could hold 3 sets of fast passes at once! lol you can only hold one fast pass per person at any one time.......so there was 6 of us total---so they never waited for any of the "good" rides. actually the parks weren't crowded at all! especially "early" that's the secret---you've gotta get up and get moving EARLY! then bail out during peak times noon-2pm, then return that afternoon. oh yeah, make sure you do the safari at Animal kingdom! ----one more thing, don't fly into Tampa---the airport "stinks" big time---very small and over crowded! hard to get around. they aren't set up to handle the amount of people coming though!

Cindy, I just thought I was tired after Mardi Gras! LOL --- gotta figure out the picture thing! lol you look great!

Robin, had to laugh when you said b-day at Chuck-E-Cheese! LOL the kids love it, but I hate it there! way to loud, crowded and hard to keep up with where the kids are. I like to keep mine in sight at all times.......just call me an old mother hen! lol

Ellie, it might just work out we'll be in KY in June too! dh's sister will be driving through and wants us to meet up with them at Mammoth cave. We'd rent a cabin and stay for a few nights. I don't have dates yet. Lexington is about 1 1/2 hours south of us.

Lynn, that's great what your dh's office did! how's he doing? kids? and you?

Linn, isn't it great when the kids bring home "good" report cards! Eric is back up to 3 A's and 1 B on his interim. first quarter he made all A's, then second quarter he fell--- 1 A and 3 B's ......

better go, think the cereal box is calling my name. I'm back on program 100% today! even going to walk the treadmill. I weighed this morning and I actually lost 1 pound at Disney! woo hoo!

take care all, Theresa
Old 03-12-2001, 09:48 AM   #3  
LIFETIMER

BUENOS DIAS!!!!

THeresa-WELCOME HOME----I SURE MISSED YOU!!!!!! Congrats on losing 1 pound at Disney! Now thats hard to do!!!!! Keep up the great work. and glad to see that you are back on program. WHats this? ANOTHER vacation planned for JUNE-----I think I will nickname you GYPSY LOL I love the story about your mom getting "lost" at epcot=====come back and share some more Vacation stories!

Lynn-how is Les today? Did he make it home yet???

Viv-how is SB going? Still losing?

HI---Linn, Cab, Robin, Ellie, and Farmbabe

cindy
Old 03-12-2001, 06:19 PM   #4  

Hi everyone --
Lynn -- hope all is going well. I hope you can find time to give us a quick update soon.
Theresa -- way to go on a loss at DW. sounds like a great trip. Are fast passes new? What are they? they sound handy -- how can they work if everyone has them?
Viv -- don't forget your Buddy Mom friends LOL -- SB sounds appealing. I have to do more homework -- so that I can do it successfully. All those losses are pretty persuasive.
Robin -- how's the party planning coming? or did I miss it.? rip off party of the year is a new concept here called Build a Bear. Bears start at $10. Now, how can you have a prty for your kids and send homet he cheapest bear naked? Of course, you have to get each bear an outfit. It really adds up. They do let you get dollars off towards other purchases. So, I'll pay for the party then hopefully get free bears for Alyssa, Lindsay, my nephew etc.
Has anyone logged on to classmates.com? I have had fun e-mailing old friends (actually friend -- my 6th grade crush to be specific) There are some girls i want to get in touch with too. I sent my dad his HS list & I think he's going to e-mail some of his friends from his class. His 50 year reunion is in 2002.
hi to all
Old 03-13-2001, 09:55 AM   #5  
LIFETIMER

Good Morning EVERYONE.

I got up at 5:30 and got my morning walk in-----OUTSIDE!!!! It felt so good to be out early in the morning. With the time changing in a few weeks I should be able to get all my morning walks done outdoors instead of going to the gym.

Hope everyone is having a great day and staying OP.

cindy
Old 03-13-2001, 12:32 PM   #6  
Princess Buttercup

Hey!

Hi Cindy, I'll be glad when spring arrives too, but i don't like the time changing. nope don't like it one bit!

I'm doing pretty well on program too. last night we had take out pasta---went a little over on points I'm sure, but I was careful with portion control and that was our eating out for the week. the rest of the week will be chicken/fish stuff like that.

Walked the treadmill yesterday and today. so I seem to be bouncing right back on WW program without any problems

Hi Linn, never heard of that website, I'll have to check it out. thanks.

Hi to everyone else.......Lynn, Viv, Robin, Ellie, CAB.....everyone!

Theresa
Old 03-13-2001, 09:25 PM   #7  
LIFETIMER

Theresa---AKA PRINCESS----LOL So good to see that you got right back to your regular routine. It isn't easy to do that after being on a two week vacation----so keep up the good work, and I bet you have a good weigh in on saturday.

Hi everyone.

cindy
Old 03-13-2001, 09:59 PM   #8  
CAB

Hi all,

Just a quick note... things are jumpin' here in NYC. DH left Lucent, he gave his notice yesterday. He took the job at New York University, less pay, more security, better benefits and he is in Manhattan. So I think he starts in 2 or 3 weeks. Also, we might be buying a house up the street from us. We weren't really thinking of moving but this great house came up and we could use more space. we have been planning a build up for some time but this would be easier... the house is gorgeous, fully renovated victorian, 3 fireplaces, brand new kitchen and bath, lots of back yard and wicked expensive. I'm crunching some numbers to see if we can actually afford it. Then i guess we'll have to sell this house. Yuck.

I lost 3 lbs last week at weigh in. I go again tomorrow night. Had a really bad, off program weekend but I fit into a pair of "old" jeans today so I think I lost a little anyway. Will let you know.

Hi to all - i need to run. Later.
CAB

PS - Lynn - hope dh has a speedy recovery, I've been thinking about you guys since I heard.

PPS - Jill - I posted a typo in my email addy but I got your email any way. The right addy is [email protected]
'Night.
Old 03-14-2001, 08:06 AM   #9  
LIFETIMER

Good Morning,

Cab-congrats on losing 3 pounds last week! Thats quite a chunck----and good going in being able to fit in an old pair of jeans, you should show another lost this week. How soon will you know if you are moving to that new house? 3 fireplaces!!!! WOW!!! I would love to have ONE! LOL

Lynn-check in when you get the chance.

later
cindy
Old 03-15-2001, 08:25 AM   #10  

Hi everyone--
CAB-- I was wondering how you guys were doing with all this Lucent news. It's been front page news for so long. Doesn't Robin's dH work for Lucent also? your DH will probably find the NYU less stressful. Is he teaching? Hope all goes well. How many bedrooms & bath does the victorian house have? With 3 fireplaces, it can't be small.

If I read the new page correctly 96 people have read the thread and there are only 8 posts (by only a couple of us). That's a little weird -- don't you think?
HI to Lynn(how's it going?),Cindy, Theresa (keep it up so the scale goes down), Viv (SB queen--don;t forget us), Robin (how R U), Ellie (IT's almost FRi).
Old 03-15-2001, 11:00 AM   #11  

Morning!

Thank you all for watching and wondering about me. I'm still here and hangin on.

Having trouble sorting out feelings and frustrations, but each day seems to get a little better.

Les is doing great! He got up this morning and took the dogs out and made a pot of coffee. Even brought me a cup in bed. He's great!

Kids on the other hand are a hand full. They still don't get the idea that they are going to have to "help out". I just sat down yesterday morning and had a 20 min. cry to get some of it out of my system. Oh well, eventually it will sink in.

Theresa - glad you had such a great time at WDW!

Linn, Viv, Cindy, CAB, and everyone else that my brain won't let me think of right now - thanks so much for just being there, it means the world to me.

Well kids go in 1/2 day today and I have to get ready to take them.

I'll check in when I can. Take care.

Lynn
Old 03-15-2001, 12:54 PM   #12  
gettn' strong in 2002

Hey Lynn - I'm glad to see that your dh is doing so well! That is just great! Hang in there! You should try and get in a 'me' day one of these days. You deserve it too!

A friend's dh just went in with chest pain but they have a bunch of tests to do yet to determine if it WAS a heart attack. I hope they find out soon.

I'm still doing the WW thing. It's slow; havent' had a gain lately so that is super! My closet is pretty sad. I refuse to buy a bigger size so.....just might have to go NAKED for the spring!

CAB - are you getting the house?? It sounds really nice!

I can't wait for yard work. I guess I should be scrubbing down the walls IN the house now; get that dirty job done. I'd rather be outside, though.

We aren't getting many calves lately. dh is wondering if the last bull we had maybe didn't do his job!
(darn it! less money for us!)

to everybody

Whatcha all think of Survivor last night?? grrrr, I wanted Jerri to go! I absolutely LOVE Roger and Elisabeth!
Old 03-15-2001, 02:24 PM   #13  
LIFETIMER

Linn-I also think its sooooo strange to have so many viewers, and so FEW post! Wonder what that is all about?

Farmbabe-I wanted Jerri kicked off too. But I wasn't surprised that it was Alicia that they voted off, she of all of them seems to be the most threatening---------she is strong, and determined, and thats who they need to get rid of first. Next week it will be JERRI---I HOPE! as for Roger and Elizabeth-----I THINK THEY ARE THE GREATEST. Wonder what will happen to the other when one of them gets voted off? LOL

Lynn-I hope you can convince Rachel and Barry to do their fair share around the house. Glad to hear that DH is getting around.

cindy
Old 03-16-2001, 02:43 PM   #14  

Default helllooooo.....

hi guys.....i have been very busy lately with the party and all and chas is on spring break this week...trying to keep him busy...dh is coming home early to take him ice skating...evan and i will goof off in the mall while they do that.

theresa - glad to see you had a good time at disney..i can't wait to go again. will probably wait a few years until evan is old enough to enjoy it more. charlie was 4 and had a ball, maybe we will wait til then.

linn - they have a build a bear here too...every time i go by they are having a party...i would think it could get pricey and i don't like the little bears....the ones i like are 18 and up....my boys wouldn't go for it anyway, to girly was it you who was looking for the blues clues throw around christmas? i know where to get it if you are still interested.

cab - my dh left lucent a few months ago....he had been contracting with EDS ever since he started with lucent and they finally made him a decent offer, so he went on over...the only bad thing is that our stock sucks right now! the house sounds great...i love victorian houses.
congrats on your loss..

lynn - glad to hear les is doing good, i would be having little cries too....very scary. take care of yourself.

jill - i might be naked too!!! i can fit in all of last summers clothes, but i was hoping to buy some new smaller ones! i haven't lost any wt lately, but am slowly getting back on track. bummer about the cows...i have been seeing all the talk about the hoof and mouth disease on the news, are ya'll a little afraid about that? it would devistate many counties here in texas if it came here....

i have a cow story....i was driving to a local nursery the other day with the boys and it is down a dirt road with fields with cows and horses in them...i was driving slow because all the horses were against the fence and the boys wanted to see them...as we went a little further, there was a herd of cows standing at the fence so we stopped to moo at them...charlie got so excited when he saw them, he jumped up and yelled " look at the cows mom, they are on sale. " i said "what are you talking about?" he said " look, they all have red tags hanging off their ears. can we buy one?" he is such a city boy

shawn just walked in and evan strolled by with an odor coming from him...i should go.

hi to everyone else....will check in soon...robin
Old 03-16-2001, 02:45 PM   #15  

Default hey...

i want to know how to do all the cute stuff you guys are doing with your posts...cindy has her head showing, jill has an egg, theresa a butterfly..i want something too!!
Closed Thread