Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 08:27 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Friiiiday

I'm taking control and having an OP day today
I won't accept anything less!
Bring on this Grey gloomy day I can take it and KICK SOME ARSE!
Old 07-11-2003, 09:03 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning Kier! I voted yes, they compete with me but it should really be yes, they are just obnoxious! These two girls that I work with always complain that they don't lose weight but do NOTHING. I know that I do this sometimes but they eat out twice everday (burgers, fries, desserts, etc.) Anyways I am not trying to come accross judgemental but the truth of the matter is along with this they always mock me for eating healthy and when I talk about losing weight they tell me it's hopeless. They roll there eyes when I talk about how overweight I am just b/c they are more overweight. After I came back from the honeymoon I was told that they were placing bets to see how long I would keep off the weight that I'd lost (15#) . Ok enough of that but YES my co workers are SABOTAGERS!! So I can relate. Sorry about the cookies but just keep in mind that you felt like crap afterward. That helps me not to do it again, Sometimes!

Well it is Friday and I am a happy girl. My city fireworks are tonight and my church always has a big cookout with alot of activities and then watches them together. They also camp out in the field but I will not be doing that. DH might with a couple of his guy friends but NO thanks! Assuming I still feel better we will be spending most of the evening there. Last night I went home and took lots of Advil Cold and Sinus and although I am still feeling the cold I am sooo much better.

Kieri~ How are you feeling BTW?

Other than that no plans for Sat or Sun other than planning on TOM coming for a visit. Usually this means renting movies and a "hot" date with a heating pad. I love being a woman

What are everyone's exciting plans?

BTW eating wise was good again yesterday!!! I am all set for a good day today b/c I packed my lunch and I have a plan for the cook out tonight. I am thinking a hamburger, lots of fresh fruit and limit the sweets, carbs.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:07 AM   #3  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Good Mornin', Good Mo-o-ornin'

We've danced the whole night through, good mornin', good mornin' to you!!!

Can I just say that I am SUCH a morning person? That's my best and most alert time of day, and all through my childhood, I used to wake up singing that song from Singin' in the Rain. Well, yesterday my dear sweet hubby Drew tells me that he will leave me if he ever hears me singing that song before 7:00 a.m. again. So, looks like I'll just have to come and sing it to you girls. If you're irritated by my cheeriness, you can at least choose not to read it, right?

Kier, I am so proud of you. I think you're starting off your day with exactly the right mindset and attitude for success. I'm sorry you have gray and gloomy where you are. We've had it hear, and if I would have woken up to gray rainy skies one more morning (after a week of it) I would have just been so disappointed. But no, we have blue skies, thankfully, and I'm so glad that I won't miss golfing.

I read a little bit of yesterday's posts, and one thing just stands out in my mind: Kim, I am so very proud of you! You really did a good thing for yourself in working out, and sushi is one of the healthiest lunch choices you can make. Good for you! This will pay off in a big way!

Ok, little miss merry sunshine (as my family used to sarcastically call me) needs another cup of coffee if she is to maintain her current level of cheeriness!

BBL
Old 07-11-2003, 09:11 AM   #4  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Becky, we were posting at the same time. SOunds like you have a really fun night planned. I just love fireworks, don't you? And if TOM is close, you might appreciate a whole bed to yourself to sprawl out on tonight. Can I just say that your coworkers sound like petty *****es? I'm sorry, but it's true. You must have the magical weight loss abilities that they were passed over for...that's why you succeed where they fail. Yeah, that must be it. *snort* Let us know if you want that we should come kick them around a little...Oooh, I felt just like Tony Soprano there!
Old 07-11-2003, 09:59 AM   #5  

well i only gained 0.8 lb and there WILL be a loss next week!!! i have a bar-b-q planned for sunday so i am going to stock up on baked chips and low fat dips that i can eat and i WILL be good! here's to an OP weekend...
Old 07-11-2003, 10:01 AM   #6  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Jayne~ My mom used to sing that song in the a.m. too! I am way more of a morning person than DH also. Your DH's response to your cheeriness cracks me up. Mine would say the same thing.
Yep, the girls that I work with are ridiculous but don't worry it is not upsetting b/c they are kind of sad people. I actually get along wonderfully with the rest of my coworkers. These girls are just the only ones that are relatively close to my age.
Ooh good point about TOM and the bed to myself!!! Enjoy your sunny day b/c it is gray here!
Old 07-11-2003, 10:04 AM   #7  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Amber we posted at the same time. .8 is not a problem and good luck this wknd. Sounds like a good plan!!!
Old 07-11-2003, 10:04 AM   #8  
Cockeyed Optimist

Kierie - I voted that people unintentionally sabotage me. A lot of my circle of "friends" I've met since a lost most of my weight so they often offer tempting things because "you don't have to watch your weight".

Jayne - I think you should call me and sing your song EVERY DAY! I'm a morning person too! CB actually pushes me out of bed and tells me to go work-out so I don't chatter at him.

Becky - you so work with witches!!! How do you stand it? Have fun tonight - I think your eating plan sounds for the fireworks sounds like a winner.

Emily - on your trip - ask BF for some skinny cows or baby carrots. Make a rule that at restaurants you can only drink water. Try avoiding bread. Ordering salad before your entree and eating only half of the entree or try ordering an appetizer as your entire meal. HTH.

Kim - you go girl!! I'm so proud of you. A work-out on the elliptical at lunch -woo-hoo!!!!

Well, I did WI again this morning (I know only 3 days since the last one - bad Laura bad) and am down 1.2lbs. I figure that is the fluff from my vacation because I've only been OP the last 2 days. I'm estatic - that means my vacation damage is only .4lbs and I can work that off in the next week!

Had an awesome work-out this morning. I did a 9 minute segment of Yoga for Energy to work out the kinks from working (read: standing) last night and then a 7 minute segment of Firm 5 Day Abs (yowza!). I did a quick and easy treadmill walk at varying low speeds for 1.75 miles in 30 minutes and then I did the Firm's Lower Body Sculpt I. OMG!!!! I literally collapsed on the carpet after the cool-down and couldn't get up again for 10 minutes. This tape kick's your butt in a major way. If you want a to seriously work your rear and legs, I strongly recommend trying this tape.

Not much planned for tonight as I work all day tomorrow. I am going to try the taco casserole recipe that Becky recommended.

O.K. enough blathering about me. Does anyone have fun plans for the weekend?

Laura
Old 07-11-2003, 10:43 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

ok I feel Like a human! My tummy Doesnt Hurt and My fevers Almost gone! HALLELUYAH!!!!!!
I'm also a morning person!
I've gotten so much work done this AM! writing stuff mainly for the internship and I'm calling the museum of natural history to do some research
Becky darling Me and Jayne are coming over and unzipping a half case of whoopass on those pathetic *****es (they aren't worth a case of whoopass Bets? grrrr when you are svelte and even more gorgeous than you are now (and You're a hottie) those notties are goign to be wheeping in their burgers and fries
nothing like a good dose of venom on the AM
Jayne Hey Gorgeous girl shall we go back to journaling?
Laura You are so fun to talk too you sarcastic wench!
Amber if you want to have a light appetizer grab some baked tostitoes and some light shredded cheese maybe some jalopenoes if your so inclined nuke em and then have salsa and FF sour cream on hand
Alright I've got a scrambled egg with my name on it (once I make it) bbl
Love
Kierie
Old 07-11-2003, 10:45 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

ps as for the weekend
Comedy club tommorrow night for a friends bday
I'm having diet coke the excuse being my tummy so no one gives me crap about it and sunday we might go to a hamradio thing for BF tho I've made him promise not to take me to our fave restaurant b/c they have the best bread and I'm going back to being stricter with refined carbs
ie I want to be good for a month or so and then have a reward
Old 07-11-2003, 11:45 AM   #11  
A Yankee in Virginia

Jayne: Could you share some of your morning pep with me? Every morning, no matter how much sleep I've had, I wake up dragging. It's been that way all my life! My first job out of college, I worked at an afternoon paper and had to be at work every day at 7 a.m. I stayed there a year, and every morning it was hard waking up at 5:30 a.m. I always wonder: How am I going to handle it when I have a kid with next to no sleep? I guess I'll just do it!

Good news ... I lost 1.8 lbs at weigh-in last night! That's a total of 5.2 in two weeks, and that ain't bad. I'm feeling pretty good about things.

Wasn't there a discussion about those points bracelets recently? Well, I saw it at WW and I thought it looked chintzy, so I asked my sister, who makes jewelry, to make me one. I got it from her yesterday and it's wonderful! She used beads like hematite (sp?) and others of those beads that supposedly have healing powers. And the charm is a jade elephant with a silver feather dangling from it. If anyone wants one (shameless promotion here), she'll take orders!

Hello everyone, Kierie, Laura, Becky, Amber ... and anyone else out there!
Old 07-11-2003, 11:47 AM   #12  
You're a smoothie.

Talking

YIPPEE!! Its Friday! It is a gray, gloomy day today in Boston, too, but thats ok because I need to be inside all day anyway..getting ready for my trip tomorrow!

Jayne - I am definitely NOT a morning person and I envy those of you who are. I always try to work out in the morning and I think that would be easier if I just woke up raring to go! But, alas..my best time is after 7 pm or so.

Amber - Up 0.8 is NOTHING! Try to remember that it is impossible to have a good loss every single week. Our bodies just don't work that way!

Becky - Those women at work sound like horrible, bitter wenches! It also sounds to me like they are totally jealous of you and your willpower and good efforts at getting healthy and losing weight. It is sad that they are so jealous that they try to sabotage your efforts...but maybe if you can think of them in that different way, you won't be so irritated. It is odd that they view losing weight as an impossibility! They are obviously not even trying! Although I do believe it is very hard for some people to lose weight, for most of us it is just about lifestyle and bad habits. Anyway, good luck with those two..how annoying to have that at work!

Kim - AWESOME job on the loss...you're doing great!

Oh, since I'm a newbie here, can someone tell me what "OP" stands for?

Ok, time to work out and get some things done!

~Emily
Old 07-11-2003, 12:31 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Kim can you scan a pic of it?
Tho I don't coun't points it could be a motivation for having an OP day or several
Off to hit the showers
I should be Covered in drool I just watched Say anything for thes econd time this week
Once my gram gets up I can't do anything but take care of her so the works been put away till she naps
Old 07-11-2003, 12:48 PM   #14  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Laura~ You are such a workout queen I hope that you enjoy the casserrole and if not you did not hear it from me

Kieri~ Thanks for the support and of course the cans of whoop *** I am so glad that you are feeling better!

Kim~ I am so proud of your loss! Look at you girl! We will look even better than we did for our weddings! We will be those cute moms that everone hates Not that we are mom's yet but you know what I'm saying

Emily~ OP means on points or on program, I believe!

I guess I will get back to work. I have completely lost my motivation. I guess I better find it but I will wait until Monday b/c the wknd is almost here!!
Old 07-11-2003, 01:24 PM   #15  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Ok instead of getting back to work I remembered that while planning for my wedding I went to this web site "My Virtual Model" and you could put in your body type, facial features, etc and see what type of dress would look good on you SOOOO long story short I just went back and it was fun b/c you can put in your current weight and then your goal weight and see the difference. I know that this is not real accurate but it is definitely a motivator! So for those of you wasting time like myself check it out.

I know I need to get out more

www.mvm.com
Closed Thread