Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 10:21 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Thumbs down Fashion Police

Okay Fashion Police report here....

What is with people wearing spaghetti strap tank tops with a regular strap bra? This means the thin black spaghetti strap from the tank sits on the lovely wide white bra strap and looks trashy!

I remember that a few years back this was a deliberate "look" in all the fashion mags but it was tacky then and it is even tackier now!

Anybody else have any looks they hate to see?
Old 07-10-2003, 10:31 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Nose rings. The little ones on the side are fine, but I'm sorry... the "bull ring" in the middle on the shnoz doesn't look good on ANYONE!
While we're on the topic, I'm not hot on the lip and tongue ones, either. They hurt me to look at them.
And this is going to hit a lot of nerves, but I hate tatoos. They look like something dirty on beautiful skin. I know you all love them, though... just ignore me.

Mauvais, I know what you mean about the bra thing. But I can't criticize, because I wear black sports bras all the time, and the straps are ALWAYS showing! They're right up around my neck.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:35 AM   #3  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I at least try to match the color bra with the tank top. I also have a bra with clear straps.

I agree on the lip ring. But I like tounge piercings. They are nice on the person you are with

And I just won't show you my tatoo when I get one Ellis. That is my 15lb goal thing.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:59 AM   #4  

Hey Squeak - at least you are trying to match and I think the clear strap bra is great! I have seen people with a white tank and a red bra or a backless dress with a nice wide white band across the back- I saw a lady wearing that when I was walking to work the other day. It was too bad because she had on a cute dress and looked great otherwise!

I like tatoos but I hate the cheap looking black ones that look like someone drew them on with a black magic marker! Tattoos can be beautiful if done properly

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 07-10-2003 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:20 AM   #5  
Searching

That stupid thong sticking out of the jeans thing is a total DON'T! Not only does that and the bra hanging out look like you are too ******ed to dress yourself its soooooooooo trailerpark!

Miss Chris
Old 07-10-2003, 12:44 PM   #6  
Queen of China

I'm trying to figure out the one pant leg up and one down thing. Usually sweat pants, at first I thought it was a mistake, but I am seeing it too much, and we all aint retarted...

how about the printed panites and white pants? or my personal favorite, as seen in McDonalds: skin tight (oh 4 sizes too small) thin white capris with a bright red thong, also wayyyyy to tight and the accompanying roll over the top. sexy!
Old 07-10-2003, 01:56 PM   #7  

I don't know if this is still the case, but the one-pant-leg-up/one-down thing used to be a sign that you were a drug dealer.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:13 PM   #8  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I hate hate hate those really low rider pants. The ones that are so low that they show your hipbones (okay, not mine but skinney girls). I think they look so bad... and desperate!
Old 07-10-2003, 05:15 PM   #9  
Pending Email Confirmation

just the other day i saw this girl sittin on the curb and her pants were so low that she had like 2 inches of asscrack sticking out and i wanted to like drop a pencil down there or something on my way by. so tacky.

also the other one is when larger women wear whore-y clothes - you know the halter tops that are 3 sizes too small and belly shirts that don't even look that good on skinny people. it seems to be the big thing where i live, especially teenage girls. i mean, i guess it's good they have enough self esteem to wear that crap, but it really does make them look like they're sellin.

while we're at it - people who buy a bra so tight that you have 2 sets of boobs is another one that annoys me. Like, there's your regular boobs and then - oh, hello - two more popping out the top of the bra to say hello. usually with the tiny thin white t-shirt to accent it nonetheless.

GAG ME! *L*
Old 07-10-2003, 05:21 PM   #10  
Pending Email Confirmation

and one more thing. if you're going to wear spandex or a jogging outfit - i want to see your *** jogging down the street not shopping in the freaking mall!
Old 07-10-2003, 05:33 PM   #11  

Lizzi, you're too funny.
DEFINITELY jogging down the street.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Oh yeah, the bra-straps showing under tank tops/dresses/etc. is just plain tacky, lol.

What I can't stand, and I know a lot of women do it, is wearing tennis shoes with skirts/dresses/suits! I see sooooo many women walking downtown in their socks & tennis shoes with their work-clothes on, and I know they change shoes when they get into the office, but UGH, it just looks so bad - I hate it! There are tons & tons of comfy walking-type shoes (even some trendy new, dark-colored sneakers - I saw Madonna wearing them!) that still look good! I'm probably alone on this one, but I cringe everytime I see it, lol.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:57 PM   #13  

Yeah Lunula! I see the shoe/skirt thing all the time when I am walking to work. I hate it too! It was a look in New York City in the 80's and some people won't let it die

I wear flat funky shoes or sandals with a low heel in summer and knee high leather boots with a chunky heel during the rest of the year- I walk to work 25 minutes everyday so it can be done!

I also hate seeing women in a nice business suit or dress with a huge backpack...are you going hiking or are you on the way to work Usually the backpack is a horrid colour that clashes with their outfit or is really dirty and ratty looking. If you are going to do it carry a medium size back pack in black (goes with everything) or a funky leather one!

so sez I! Zee fashion policia!

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 07-10-2003 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:06 PM   #14  

Wait until you're 40 and you've had 6 kids. See if you break out the runners THEN!

Oh my gosh, Mauvais! That person with the backpack is ME!!
Old 07-10-2003, 06:10 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Holy s! You guys should come to Delta. Lots of fodder here. The guys still turn up in polyester safari suits at wakes - the ones in the coffin too. Downtown Delta is the home of the fashion faux pas, fer shur!

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 07-10-2003 at 08:53 PM.
Closed Thread