Old 01-17-2014, 04:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 234/200/125

Height: 5'0"

Default Is the vanilla drink mix Gluten free?

Is the vanilla drink mix Gluten free?
want to be me again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:55 AM   #2  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by want to be me again View Post
I'm pretty sure it is - I looked at the chart I have that lists the allergens.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Exclamation GLUTEN FREE - vigilance ..very necessary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by want to be me again View Post
When I was purchasing by the box last year this was a safe one as I am also GF by necessity. It is always best to contact your supplier if you do not have the most current pkg info. and did not get it at the time of purchase. I have a box of IP vanilla drink MIX that does not expire until June of 2014 bought in the summer or fall of 2013 and it only shows milk and soy listed as the ingredients. Once I verify and bring things into my house ...I know that even if the ingredients in the product do change, my supply is OK.

HOWEVER: IP and the other suppliers DO change the ingredients.. ..so I would always look at and re-read the boxes every week if I was not buying the entire pkg, since we did have the option of buying single pkts. I am currently using up my stash of "travel Packets" although these were nice to have around for airline travel esp, I don't want anything left over to expire ...not sure what I will do in about 2 weeks when I am wiped out, but know I will have to start really reading anything new I bring into my house!
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:58 AM   #4  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good advice about staying vigilant 65 - always pays to double check. I know even 0/0/0 products I buy at the grocery store I read the ingredients again every time I buy them, just in case. Plus I figure it's just a good habit to get into.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:19 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Good advice about staying vigilant 65 - always pays to double check. I know even 0/0/0 products I buy at the grocery store I read the ingredients again every time I buy them, just in case. Plus I figure it's just a good habit to get into.
We almost lost our yougest daughter from spru, and that was before food labeling...probably hidden gluten, because she was compliant as possible with the info we had at that time. She went down to 76 pounds and it took a summer of HIGH dose steroids to snap her immune system and reverse the downward spiral, then 2 more years until her intestinal lining was healed.. It is terrifying when there is a true problem. We read and verify EVERYTHING that comes through our door, even though she no longer lives with us (LOL...now it's her husbands issue...he buys bread and sandwich things and keeps them at work...that stuff never even gets into their kitchen. Think he loves her?) .... Trust no one...esp the food industry. My SIL..yes.. My garden..yes...the venison my husband gets every year yes yes..

All else ..have both eyes on the label every time you shop...Our family celebrated ...seriously we did....the food labeling laws when they were passed, and that has NOT been all that long go.

We have the same issue with peanuts, shellfish and to a lesser extent, some fruits and vegetables...we are a fun family. Most of the time.

Last edited by 65X65; 01-17-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
We almost lost our yougest daughter from spru, and that was before food labeling...probably hidden gluten, because she was compliant as possible with the info we had at that time. She went down to 76 pounds and it took a summer of HIGH dose steroids to snap her immune system and reverse the downward spiral, then 2 more years until her intestinal lining was healed.. It is terrifying when there is a true problem. We read and verify EVERYTHING that comes through our door, even though she no longer lives with us (LOL...now it's her husbands issue...he buys bread and sandwich things and keeps them at work...that stuff never even gets into their kitchen. Think he loves her?) .... Trust no one...esp the food industry. My SIL..yes.. My garden..yes...the venison my husband gets every year yes yes..

All else ..have both eyes on the label every time you shop...Our family celebrated ...seriously we did....the food labeling laws when they were passed, and that has NOT been all that long go.

We have the same issue with peanuts, shellfish and to a lesser extent, some fruits and vegetables...we are a fun family. Most of the time.
And you called ME the princess and the pea?
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
And you called ME the princess and the pea?
Yeah...well we call that daughter the canary in the coal mine for the gluten...
Totally sympathized with your sensitivities. It is no joke. We have all learned to navigate our family get-togethers and for sure it's not about the food...we just make sure we don't have what is truly dangerous to anyone which is wheat/gluten, shellfish and peanuts. The rest we can manage ... and everyone is responsible. The lo carb thing for me is a non issue when put in this context.

You're still a princess...and someone who could come to dinner at our family table and not need to worry!!

Last edited by 65X65; 01-17-2014 at 01:33 PM.