Old 01-15-2014, 06:09 PM   #1  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Question Weekly Weigh in and Fat measure for those following IP Alternatives?

Everyone,
My husband and I will be following IP using alternatives and I was wondering how those of you weight, track your food, etc. from home instead of using a counselor?
I found a food tracking journal online, and we have a scale, do you all also use a tape measure and measure yourselves weekly or use a body fat weight loss tool?

Thanks for your help and experience in advance
DeAnne
Johnsdeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:25 PM   #2  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
Everyone,
My husband and I will be following IP using alternatives and I was wondering how those of you weight, track your food, etc. from home instead of using a counselor?
I found a food tracking journal online, and we have a scale, do you all also use a tape measure and measure yourselves weekly or use a body fat weight loss tool?

Thanks for your help and experience in advance
DeAnne
We have a scale that suposedly measures body fat, hydration, etc., but those numbers may not be very reliable. We use a cloth tape measure to do our body measurements. I keep everything tracked in an excel spreadsheet.
ReenHag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:28 PM   #3  

I use my fitness pal app to log my food-you can track measurements and weight on this app also.

I weigh in weekly on my scale at home

Monthly I weigh and measure at curves where I work out.
mckaren4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:26 PM   #4  
Crusin' into a new me

S/C/G: 260/234/160 reboot

Height: 5'5"

I use My Fitpal app for food, a home scale for weight, and I wish I would have started by taking measurements!

I don't do a body fat measurement but, there are scales that do it.

Best wishes! Together you will be very successful. My DH and I have been on IP(him) or alternatives(me) since 9/18/13 and to date we have lost 121 lbs together. DH -71, me -50.
BuffieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:04 PM   #5  
hnewman026

S/C/G: 167/***/125

Hello, I am going to start doing the IP alternative as I cannot afford the real IP with a coach. Is there a daily blog where all the alternatives go to weekly to post weight-ins and pictures? I am at my highest weight of my life, have no energy and more depressed about the idea of not feeling comfortable in my own skin. Anyway, I apologize if this post is in the wrong spot but I am having a hard time finding the right place to post.
hnewman026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnewman026 View Post
Hello, I am going to start doing the IP alternative as I cannot afford the real IP with a coach. Is there a daily blog where all the alternatives go to weekly to post weight-ins and pictures? I am at my highest weight of my life, have no energy and more depressed about the idea of not feeling comfortable in my own skin. Anyway, I apologize if this post is in the wrong spot but I am having a hard time finding the right place to post.
This forum is for ALL IPers whether you are using IP packets or alternative products. All threads welcome both. Visit the Daily Chat to join the community, ask questions, etc. If you are following IP protocol 100% join in on the 100% thread. (Yes, those who use alternative products are still considered 100% IP if you follow IP using alternative products!)

Do you have the info for selecting products that meet IP guidelines? If not go to the Alternative Products That Work On Phase 1 Part 4 and get the info in the first thread and a few below that I posted a few more details to further clarify.

The first post of the Daily Chat always has links to the Phase Protocol sheets (you need Phase 1).

Then start reading and learning as much as you can and ask questions in Daily Chat or Alternative thread so we can help you!

Welcome!

Last edited by JLUS; 05-23-2014 at 07:13 PM.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote