South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 06:14 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Last Monday, SBD Chat 12/30/2013

Good Morning

What's everyone up to today?

I've been busy spiffing up the house but decided it was a good time to stop and wish you all a wonderful Monday. It's hard to believe we're coming to the end of another year.

I'm getting organized so DH and I can jump in the car and head over the Great Divide after I get off work tomorrow. It's only for one full day but I'll take it. I had thought about an extra day but keep remembering those tenants who want to move in.....as soon as we finish. Work should be busy today which is always nice!

Enjoy your Monday and stop and say hi

Last edited by Lexxiss; 12-30-2013 at 06:19 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Debbie, and those to come. That's great that you have tenants eager to move in as soon as the house is ready. Do you have much more work to do on it? I hope you get all your organizing done for your trip over the divide tomorrow.

It will be a busy day for me at the farm, I'm sure, but the girls will be home which will make it nice, and I'm willing to bet they have plans for me this afternoon. At least it's dry outside after all of yesterday's rain!
Old 12-30-2013, 06:52 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. My cold has really settled in and I'm thinking of heading back to bed. I haven't had a cold for a very long time but this one is making up for that! Enjoy the second last day of the year!
Old 12-30-2013, 07:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Yes, do go back to bed, Ruth, and take a hot mug of tea up with you. I hope after a day of rest in a warm bed, you'll be feeling much better.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:05 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning. Chilly here today after the thaw this weekend; we are slated to be sub zero the next few nights...

Not sure what is on the agenda today. I am planning on roasting a turkey, other than that I should probably start to think about the schoolwork I brought home. Somehow I have the sneaking suspicion this week will evaporate quickly!

Debbie, good luck with your project.
Cottage, have a fun day!
Ruth, hope you feel better soon. I realized I never got my flu shot so I am planning on calling the dr's office this morning to set that up.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-30-2013, 07:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Debbie - you'll be finished soon with happy tenants!

Cottage - have fun with the girls today. When do they go back to school? (Ours go Thursday. What a brilliant idea....they'll be so tired Thursday!)

Ruth - I hope you get well fast.

Beth - when does school start back for you? Mmmmm, turkey sounds good, we never had one, maybe I should?

Just another Monday, although I'm bringing the kids with me today. I had told myself a couple of days ago I could eat whatever I wanted til new year's (cuz then I don't feel deprived, and normally I'm sick of bad food, so easier to go gung-ho phase I), but last night I was already sick of it and decided to start today....with maybe a blip tomorrow night with friends coming over. LOL...I just don't have it in me to eat too badly anymore, SBD has definately done that for me.

Also, I've kicked my exercise back in. Got the kids on a walk Fri, went on a family outdoor walk Sat, and got on the treadmill and did some core exercises yesterday. I guess I'll admit...I always feel better after.

Onward, HOOOOOOOOO!
Old 12-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning My time off is winding down and my To Do list is not done Tim had more time of than I expected and I would rather do things with him than work on chores. Of course that leaves chores undone, not a good thing. Yesterday he came home sick from work. Hopefully today he will make it through the day.

Debbie - enjoy your day away

Cottage - Bet the girls love their days with you Is the cold weather coming there this afternoon?

Ruth - I second Cottage;s suggestion - back to bed with tea. I'm a big fan of tea made with fresh ginger, lemon juice, and honey. I know honey isn't SBD approved but it's medicinal in this case. That tea is still the best cold cure I've ever found.

Tammy - We had turkey last night. I just bought a breast this time so enough leftovers for soup and one lunch. We started back to healthy eating too. It just isn't as much fun now that I know how much better I feel when I make good choices.

I'm still trying to decide what to make Wednesday. Last year we went with black eyed peas but I wasn't excited about them. I've read that lentils and kale are other "good luck" foods so maybe something along those lines. What is everyone else having? I so rarely run out of ideas!

Time to tackle some of that huge list.

Hi Beth!

Last edited by CyndiM; 12-30-2013 at 07:28 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cyndi, have you had hoppin john? I'm making some, I really enjoy it. It is black eyed peas, but with lots of other stuff. On phase I, I'll mix collards in.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Home sweet home I too joined the healthy band sago before the New Year begins. Four pounds of water weight gone. New bike trainer ordered. Kitchen ready to be restocked with healthy food. Planning on making lots of soups, chills etc this week. Joe and I are finally celebrating Christmas on NYD if we don't get snow. Tonight it is laundry, laundry, laundry. This chick is calling it a day early. Long drives tire me out. Enjoy your evening.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome home, Jennifer!

Tammy, can you post a link to the crustless pumpkin pie recipe you made?
Closed Thread