Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat 12/14 - Sun 12/15/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #2  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Happy Saturday all. TOM bloat is upon me of course the day of my honeys holiday party which I bought the cutest dress for. And to top it all of its70 degrees! What the heck. It's likefriday the 13 delayed. Booo
Old 12-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Happy Saturday all. TOM bloat is upon me of course the day of my honeys holiday party which I bought the cutest dress for. And to top it all of its70 degrees! What the heck. It's likefriday the 13 delayed. Booo
Aww sorry about the TOM an bloat, that stinks big time! BUT on a higher note I bet you will look beautiful in your dress!!! You should post a pic of you in it!!!

it is 10 degrees here and we may get up to 20 today! THat means I can wash my poor car! Yesterday I went off track and gained 1.1 lbs so today I am starting out better!

Did your peppermint mocha you made yesterday help curb cravings (my theory is yes Pepermint and chocolate) I may have to try that, I have a migraine and when I get these I want sweets for some odd reason. So maybe your mocha idea may help!

Anywho have fun at your party and be safe
Old 12-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #4  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

It does! But it's not very a"filling" I'm usually hungry in about 3 hours. When I make a drink with spinach it lasts a bit longer!
Old 12-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #5  

gained back a pound and didnt cheat... (ate 1056 calories though) most from protein. Anyone have any reasons why I gained a pound and didnt lose a pound?
trying not to panic
Old 12-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #6  

Quote:
It does! But it's not very a"filling" I'm usually hungry in about 3 hours. When I make a drink with spinach it lasts a bit longer!
If I can kill the sweet tooth monster i'll be fine. I could mix the peppermint syrup, chocolate RTDS and spinach, freeze ice cube trays and mix them with coffee for a frappe. When I have one of those I get full too. Or make it with out freezing them. BUT I am going to get some syrup today and RTDS (I am all out and it sucks!)

Do you know if Sams club sells the EAS shakes?
Old 12-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #7  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowstorm View Post
gained back a pound and didnt cheat... (ate 1056 calories though) most from protein. Anyone have any reasons why I gained a pound and didnt lose a pound?
trying not to panic
First off HELLO and WELCOME to the board

From what I understand ( I am doing IP solo no coach or clinic) when you first start your body has to adjust so you will gain during your first few days then lose ( I think, someone else can add the info for me) but don't panic and if you can do not step on the scale until your WI! It will keep you from going crazy
Old 12-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #8  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Default WI day

Good morning and happy saturday.

Had my weigh in this morning and I'm down 1.1 pounds this week but a bigger drop in inches...3.375. Pretty cool - I will take it

We talked a bit about my goal... At my clinic they like to look at percentage body fat, BMI, and an "excess body fat" number that the fancy scale kicks out. (Percentage of body fat is now in the Normal range but bmi is still a little above normal) According to those things, I should lose another 8.6 pounds of fat so that's what I will try to do. I'm wondering if I should change my ticker? Hmmm.

We also talked about the little bit if weight training I've been doing. Apparently, though it isn't a lot, it's enough that I should have an extra packet those days. I'm admittedly nervous to do that but will trust the program. Even with the weight training, my muscle (dry lean mass) has been going down a little for a couple of weeks and they want to halt that.

There's a winter weather warning in effect today but I think I'm just at the spot where it is rain and not snow. Boo! Who wants a bunch of rain on a cold day? I'd much rather have snow.

I'm feeling lazy but I suppose I should get out and about before too many other people do too.

Have a great weekend and I hope you're feeling the IP POWER!
Old 12-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #9  

Quote:
i found the cocomint creme pudding I used was best at nite. I usually added some cinnamon to my dark chocolate/spinach/decaf morning smoothie (but not extra sweetener).

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowstorm View Post
trying not to panic
We would need WAY more info to comment on what is happening.
Was this your first week?
Did you stick 100% to the plan? What exactly did you eat?
Is this a one-week weigh-in or one-day (don't do that!)
Weight fluctuates a lot throughout the day and even throughout the week. Your best bet is to pick a weigh-in day, stick with the plan, stay off the scale in-between weigh-ins and enjoy the ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
If I can kill the sweet tooth monster i'll be fine. I could mix the peppermint syrup, chocolate RTDS and spinach, freeze ice cube trays and mix them with coffee for a frappe. When I have one of those I get full too. Or make it with out freezing them. BUT I am going to get some syrup today and RTDS (I am all out and it sucks!)
Through experience, I've learned the best way to kill a sweet tooth monster is to go cold-turkey. No added sugar or artificial sweeteners of any kind. It can take 3-21 days but it works!
I actually do my best on the plan when I'm having nothing (or very little) with artificial sweeteners (so a very limited selection of IP foods).

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Had my weigh in this morning and I'm down 1.1 pounds this week but a bigger drop in inches...3.375. Pretty cool - I will take it

We talked a bit about my goal... At my clinic they like to look at percentage body fat, BMI, and an "excess body fat" number that the fancy scale kicks out. (Percentage of body fat is now in the Normal range but bmi is still a little above normal) According to those things, I should lose another 8.6 pounds of fat so that's what I will try to do. I'm wondering if I should change my ticker? Hmmm.

We also talked about the little bit if weight training I've been doing. Apparently, though it isn't a lot, it's enough that I should have an extra packet those days. I'm admittedly nervous to do that but will trust the program. Even with the weight training, my muscle (dry lean mass) has been going down a little for a couple of weeks and they want to halt that.
Congrats on your incredible progress!

I know you already know this but I'm going to reiterate:
Those bioimpedence scales are notoriously inaccurate. They don't just measure muscle (dry lean mass), they estimate lean mass, which includes everything that is not fat (water/blood, bone, muscle, organs, connective tissue, blood vessels, etc).

Have you considered this?
Since you hit goal, your best way to gain muscle mass is to phase off and to increase resistance training. As you know, those last few fat lbs will also come off slowly, if you stick to IP. P1 won't give you enough energy to do the exercise you need to do. Get your daily workouts in, go for walks and ramp up the resistance (not cardio/aerobic) training in P2, 3, 4. I know you'll be pleasantly surprised and the increase of exercise will be the key to maintenance.

Last edited by lisa32989; 12-14-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #10  

Lisa32989, I want to thank you for all you do on this site and support you give everyone. You are GREAT!!!!!!!.

Lost 3.4 this week, will have to figure out how to do tracker on my posting. Have a busy weekend as have to work tomorrow so have to get all chores done today, but think catching a cold, hope not.

Norasmurf- sorry about TOM, but go have a great time and post your picture would love to see it.

Everyone have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #11  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

So, on a total random note, I got glasses yesterday, and it is taking a doozy of a time to get use to them! I mean, I love being able to see everything so sharp and crisp, but it makes me feel like I'm going to fall over... haha
I'm home now for winter break, and this is the first time I haven't been stressed and had something to do every minute of my day... so my struggle for the next 3 or so weeks will be to not eat when I am bored (which is what got me to where I am in the first place..)
Old 12-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #12  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I know you already know this but I'm going to reiterate:
Those bioimpedence scales are notoriously inaccurate. They don't just measure muscle (dry lean mass), they estimate lean mass, which includes everything that is not fat (water/blood, bone, muscle, organs, connective tissue, blood vessels, etc).

Have you considered this?
Since you hit goal, your best way to gain muscle mass is to phase off and to increase resistance training. As you know, those last few fat lbs will also come off slowly, if you stick to IP. P1 won't give you enough energy to do the exercise you need to do. Get your daily workouts in, go for walks and ramp up the resistance (not cardio/aerobic) training in P2, 3, 4. I know you'll be pleasantly surprised and the increase of exercise will be the key to maintenance.
Thanks Lisa. I will admit, I've been thinking about exactly what you are saying. It seems to me that I'd be better off building a pattern with exercise than pulling back. This is where it starts to get murky with the coaches. Do they have the right knowledge and more importantly are they selling or coaching. I like my coach but I do know it is partially about the food I'm buying.

My original goal was 171 as set by the clinic. And I'm there. I think I may want to re-visit their plan with them next week at WI. I'd prefer not to cut back on the exercise. And I would actually like to start phasing off, even if it is a little scary.

Thanks for commenting. It helps to have your input given how much research you've done and how long you've been active in this community and with the IP plan.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
So, on a total random note, I got glasses yesterday, and it is taking a doozy of a time to get use to them! I mean, I love being able to see everything so sharp and crisp, but it makes me feel like I'm going to fall over... haha
I'm home now for winter break, and this is the first time I haven't been stressed and had something to do every minute of my day... so my struggle for the next 3 or so weeks will be to not eat when I am bored (which is what got me to where I am in the first place..)
Deana

Do you realize just how good weight loss looks on you??? You are glowing in your new pic I LOVE IT!
Old 12-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Deana

Do you realize just how good weight loss looks on you??? You are glowing in your new pic I LOVE IT!

As for glasses you will get use to them, and it feel weird your first week or so, then the feeling of tipping over goes away
Old 12-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #15  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

I just want to say thanks to everyone about the advice with my family situation. This site along with the people are a true blessing on this journey.
I saw someone post to go grab those smaller sizes out if the closet and try them on. While I got a pair of dmawr jeans on and I can get the others up to my upper things and that's it. This is giving me the extra motivation to push harder and stick to the plan. What a feeling to put smaller jeans on. It is definitely a moral booster and will help keep the carbs far away from my mouth.
One more time thanks for being a blessing in my life and thanks for tge great advice.

Like others say "IP Power to all of us."
Closed Thread