Old 12-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/160/143

Height: 5'6"

Default Tell me about your coach

Hi all! I'm a newbie, just started yesterday. So far everything is good I was really hungry last night but handsome tea and that helped.

I'm wondering if everyone likes your coach? What is he/she like? Have they been on the program?

My coach is very young and very naturally thin for her whole life, even after the birth of her daughter. She has never needed to lose weight but tried the foods for "about" a month. She is married to one of the chiropractors at the clinic IP is sold in. I suspect she is just doing this because her husband and father own the chiro clinic. She isn't a trained nutritionist (which doesn't bother me) but I was hoping fr someone I could relate to a bit more.

I like her, she is nice, but I think it would be nice to have someone who has actually done the program. Unfortunately there is nobody closer so I'm stuck with her. I'm trying to stay positive but naturally thin women have always made me nervous
KnitSewSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

I do not have an official coach. I have the wonderful people on here to help and guide me. BUT I have to answer to myself when I screw up! And there is no one harder on me than ME!
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Different coach every week for me. Gives me a different perspective but also do not get the personal connection.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #4  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

I have a coach who has been on program, teaches physical fitness, is completely human and understands everything I say to her. I feel she has been very honest with me and I trust her. She answers my crazy text messages at the drop of a dime. I am very lucky to have found her.
airportchick11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #5  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

My coach is an RN and has been on the program which is run through the clinic. I really like her and she seems to know the program inside out. She really fits the term "coach" because she encourages me and celebrates with me.
64peppergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/239/175

Height: 5'2"

My coach is a doctor at my primary care physicians office. I don't believe he's been on the program but has tried the food. He is a medical doctor and also has a degree in microbiology. I don't relate to my coach much bit many of the staff are on the program too and have been doing well.
exesparz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/160/143

Sounds like everyone has different experiences and perspectives. Sarahbell, I think in the end it comes down to being accountable to ourselves, weather we have a coach or not!
KnitSewSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #8  

Height: 5'2

I love my coach. I wasn't sure about her in the beginning. She came across as a bit too "salesy" for my liking. As time goes on I like her more and more. She is always positive and encouraging and celebrates every loss big or small. We'll see if she stays that way after she finds out I went off plan on Saturday night though! I remember her saying that she doesn't let her clients waste their money - meaning she doesn't put up with cheating
stephascope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/260/199

Height: 5'5

I have a "lady in charge" that really rubs me the wrong way. She's better than me, ya know? But, the girl that i weigh in with and have the most contact with is so sweet and nice. She has never done the diet but she's just the sweetest.
sweetie8215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #10  

Height: 5 '6

I work in a neighboring town where there is an IP clinic. I had a hard time touching base with the coach and when I was finally able to go in on her few days she's open, I found her to be overweight but not on the program. She was nice, but not very knowledgeable. I am on a vitamin program through a natural path that includes all of the vitamins IP wants you on except the potassium and she was going to [B]make [B] me buy all of the vitamins. After choosing some food she then told me I could only pay in cash! I ran to the bank machine but after thinking about it I contacted someone I knew who was a coach but lives FAR away from me. I called her and she agreed to coach me from afar! I order my food once a month and I can text her or call her anytime! She's sweet and has lost over 30 pounds on IP, not to mention very knowledgeable. I'm so glad I'm going the long distance route as I know I wouldn't have had the support that I'm getting now!

Last edited by Hiker88; 12-04-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Hiker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #11  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
I work in a neighboring town where there is an IP clinic. I had a hard time touching base with the coach and when I was finally able to go in on her few days she's open, I found her to be overweight but not on the program. She was nice, but not very knowledgeable. I am on a vitamin program through a natural path that includes all of the vitamins IP wants you on except the potassium and she was going to [B]make [B] me buy all of the vitamins. After choosing some food she then told me I could only pay in cash! I ran to the bank machine but after thinking about it I contacted someone I knew who was a coach but lives FAR away from me. I called her and she agreed to coach me from afar! I order my food once a month and I can text her or call her anytime! She's sweet and has lost over 30 pounds on IP, not to mention very knowledgeable. I'm so glad I'm going the long distance route as I know I wouldn't have had the support that I'm getting now!
Sounds like you made an AWESOME decision! Much success to you!!
airportchick11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #12  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportchick11 View Post
Sounds like you made an AWESOME decision! Much success to you!!
Thanks!
Hiker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186.2/181.6/160

Height: 5' 5"

My two coaches are two women, who own their business. They run it out of a little office, in our town. They have no nutritional training and seem to have only some of my answers. I come here to IP, for ALOT of my questions and read lots.
They are nice, but not very professional. There is no one else for 60 miles around, so I stay with them. I like that they do NOT pressure you to buy anything, and you can mix and match packets. They also never say anything if you do need the full 21 pks a week. They do not take any plastic either.

Overall, I think its been a good experience.
Wine4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 185/139.5/145

Height: 5' 4"

My coach has been on the program and lost over fifty pounds.The clinic also has a nurse coach who I know and she too has been on program and lost similar amounts. For me having two coaches who are around my age and dealing with the same hormonal/metabolic issues makes me feel connected. There is a young girl there who is very thin and I honestly feel I would not have connected with her as well but who knows! I came to the clinic determined to make this my last diet and perhaps no matter the coach I would have pulled it off.Glad I did not have to test that idea out!
katenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #15  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I started IP through a chiropractic clinic and went on my own at about week 8. My coach was nice enough, but they were always out of products. They would only sell by the whole box, so I could never afford much variety. I found that the info she provided was not always accurate. I was able to learn a lot by starting out with a coach, but once I had the concepts down I am pleased I could go on my own and afford more variety in my meals. If I have questions I find that this site usually provides all the info I really need, and so many view points and support!
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote