Old 11-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #1  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Default coconut sugar

Anyone ever hear of coconut sugar? Curious ...
caressme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Height: 5'1"

I'v tried it before its tastes better than most alternatives but I think it wouldnt be good for this diet still has the calories
workingmom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #3  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caressme View Post
Anyone ever hear of coconut sugar? Curious ...
It is used in many Paleo recipes in place of refined sugar. I haven't tried it yet.
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingmom11 View Post
I'v tried it before its tastes better than most alternatives but I think it wouldnt be good for this diet still has the calories
I have to wonder why we would be asking about a sugar since they are not on the plan.

On IP we can eat foods with calories. This sugar has CARBS and is still a sugar so would not be appropriate for p1-3. Additionally, it is not a sustainable resource. The coconut tree cannot produce both coconuts and coconut sugar (from sap). I will not be using it.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Height: 5'1"

No Of course not use it on the plan - I thought she was asking if any one had tryed it before and I had before I started OP of course. I haven't had any sugar for 2 weeks before I started and I feel great its amazing the little things that you think aren't that bad for you and then you stop eating/drinking them and you feel so much better like coffee I stopped drinking my coffee and I seem to to get as many aches as I used to get weird hey
workingmom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #6  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
It is used in many Paleo recipes in place of refined sugar. I haven't tried it yet.
Oh wow, I'm gunnahave to do some more extensive research about this Paleo diet - excited to get into it when im through all the phases

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I have to wonder why we would be asking about a sugar since they are not on the plan.

On IP we can eat foods with calories. This sugar has CARBS and is still a sugar so would not be appropriate for p1-3. Additionally, it is not a sustainable resource. The coconut tree cannot produce both coconuts and coconut sugar (from sap). I will not be using it.
Yea no Lisa, not to use on the plan as my original post did not say anything about using it in P1 thanks for your concern though .. It was just a general question - saw it on an Instagram post and I was curious ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingmom11 View Post
No Of course not use it on the plan - I thought she was asking if any one had tryed it before and I had before I started OP of course. I haven't had any sugar for 2 weeks before I started and I feel great its amazing the little things that you think aren't that bad for you and then you stop eating/drinking them and you feel so much better like coffee I stopped drinking my coffee and I seem to to get as many aches as I used to get weird hey
Thanks for understanding my post and you couldnt be more right about cutting certain things out and feelings better - since I've been on ip wearing heels all day isnt a problem anymore! I love IP!
caressme is offline   Reply With Quote